• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(20:21:17) sims796: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    PC PO server said:
    (20:21:14) +vraikou: gimme a name
    (20:21:17) sims796: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Sup guys, this is my second Gen V OU RMT. My last one actually was a pretty good team (imo anyway) and I think this one is good too. My actual name isn't as clever as good ol' sims' suggestion up there but whatever, haha. Anyway, I got up to ~41 on the Smogon server (this time after it's been up for a while which is significantly harder) and I feel like it's doing pretty well at this point in time. There's a couple of things I have trouble with, including being straight-up outplayed (I've had that done to me quite a few times already). (Also there are way too many parenthesis up here so I feel like I should just put a whole sentence in them. :DD)

Anyway, this team was built on the basis of spamming rain and so I began my team-building...

team C L O U D Y - S K I E S
    186b.gif
    479b%20MF.gif
    641sb.gif
    385sb.gif
    381b.gif
    184b.gif

t e a m - b u i l d i n g
    for more information on how the team came together!

Spoiler:

a - z o o m e d - i n - l o o k
    so there's actually something to rate lol

186.gif

P o l i t o e d @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Hydro Pump
    - Hypnosis
    - Focus Blast
    - Toxic

Yo. This is my lead. It's obviously necessary because of Drizzle. :D

Specs Toed H-Pump hits harder than Specs Latios Draco Meteor, jsyk. It really makes a lot of other moves like coverage moves useless on this set, giving me room to run status moves to take care of annoying things that have Water Absorb. Focus Blast also sends Ferrothorn and Tyranitar to hell, too. :> The only times I've wished I've run another set was when Wobbufag comes in and during one of those dumb Gorepass teams. Encore/the ability to change moves would allow me to crap on Wobb and Perish Song would help undoubtedly with Gorepass but I digress. Specs Toed has been really useful.​

479%20MF.gif

R o t o m - C @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 152 HP / 252 SAtk / 104 SDef
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Pain Split
    - Thunder
    - Leaf Storm
    - Will-O-Wisp

I think I gave a pretty good description in the team-building part as to why I use this over Rotom-W (WHO ABUSES RAIN BETTERER OBVIOUSLY!!). The spread is really random and I felt like I should be able to take random Ice Beams and crap from Starmie better etc. I've caught things like Gliscor trying to come in on Thunder with Will-o-Wisp so that's nice. This is also my big Ferrothorn-stopper; I can't stop him from spiking, but I can burn him and then wait for him to die while he does basically nothing to Rotom. It also checks annoying versions of Jirachi like mine; it doesn't mind paralysis due to no speed investment and it burns Jirachi to take Iron Head like it's nothing. I haven't come across much I want to change with this guy; maybe change the spread around a bit (though I do like the power); it probably should be able to take hits a little better than it does.​

641s.gif

T o r n a d u s @ Damp Rock / Life Orb
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Hurricane
    - Hammer Arm
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Rain Dance / Taunt

I've ran a couple of sets with this guy. Firstly, I use him to spam Hurricane and eat things. Secondly, Hammer Arm demolishes Tyranitar/whatever switch-ins that want to try to beat it and gives me a momentum change, usually. Hurricane spamming is usually also a nice way to break open retarded Ferrothorn + Jellicent cores that are stupid as hell. HP Ice lets me destroy stupid Garchomps/Gliscors that try to come in and EQ Jirachi or w/e, though I have to watch out for them to like actually predict and not use EQ, lol. :(

One of the big problems I've had is deciding what to do for the last move. I ran Taunt + LO first, trying to break down Blissey or whatever... but then I realized that a) hardly anyone uses Blissey (at least not at the time) and b) it was really freaking annoying how once Politoed was gone they could bring in Tyranitar that I totally forgot was still alive on their team. Having a backup rain-setter seems really useful, but during the time I've had it it's been useless... thoughts?​

385s.gif

J i r a c h i @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
    Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Iron Head
    - Thunder
    - Wish
    - Protect

Right. This set is like amazing if you want to hax the hell out of people. It's my main Latios counter (lol Rain-boosted Specs Surf does like 30%) and it lets me get like a free paralysis on something whenever it comes in. I ran Sassy because I didn't want to drop either defense or lower the power of Iron Head/Thunder and speed didn't seem as necessary when I'm paralyzing everything anyway. Jirachi is really self explanatory - its EQ weak is covered by like one entire half of my team and the Fire weak is neutralized by rain. I've found it really useful and helpful, though it is kinda set-up bait for Ferrothorn and friends...​

381.gif

L a t i o s @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf
    - Thunder
    - Trick

Latios abuses rain really well, imo. His Surf acts like a psuedo-STAB when in Rain, and Thunder is also there to be abused/take out Gyarados that try to Bounce on me (I learned that the hard way when it happened to me at first...). Plus, whatever actually does wall this doesn't wall it anymore after it has Latios' old Specs. The only things that I've seen like actually beat this is stuff like Tar coming in after I've had to DM to kill something (though I try to avoid that) and Pursuiting, though I usually stay in on Tar because it'll Pursuit obviously. Latios is also my main switch into stupid crap like Gliscor, because it has the ability to take a random weak Ice Fang and scare it out with Surf.​

184.gif

A z u m a r i l l @ Choice Band
    Trait: Huge Power
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Aqua Jet
    - Waterfall
    - Superpower
    - Ice Punch / Toxic

azu dancin so coo

Right anyway Azumarill is my main revenger. Banded Aqua Jet in the rain mauls like everything so it's awesome. If I ever end up out of rain, Aqua Jet kills stuff like Landorus and Excadrill with some prior damage. Waterfall mauls stupid shiz like Scizor that think they can come in and U-turn away (pfft Scizor) and yeah. Ferrothorn is a giant turd to Azumarill (as is anything that resists Water) so I have Superpower for that. I have Ice Punch right now but considering its uselessness I want to run Toxic over it to hit potential Jellicent switch-ins (though I've played around Jellicent really well imho). Otherwise, standard CB Azu is standard.​

e n d i n g - n o t e s
    to run over some threats and stuff I wanna say

Alright so there are some really annoying things that I've fought so far. The first is Ferrothorn. Even though I have some things specifically for him (aka Rotom-C handles him, Windlos smacks him with Hurricane, Azu smacks him with Superpower though it's kinda obvious unless Ferro switches in) he's still really a pain in the ass and almost always gets up layers. He's partially the reason I want to run Taunt on Windlos but I'm afraid of getting mauled by Gyro Ball anyway. :<

CM Latias is also a huge pain in the ass. I can't break it really at all, especially with its good defenses. The best I can do is Toxic it with Toed or Azu and then try to switch around while it fires off retardedly powerful attacks after a couple of CMs.

Azumarill's survivability really sucks. If I need it to tank more than one hit, it really can't and then it dies. :(

Straight-up stall (aka entry hazard-weak). I really freaking hate Spikes/T-spikes; they make my life a living hell when I'm trying to like counter things. Spikes + Surf also lets Latios near-2hko full-health Jirachi, meaning that if I have any prior damage at all I've lost my main Latios counter and it's free to wreck the rest of my team. Also Windlos getting paralyzed sucks nuts. There are a lot of other problems my team has too so please take your time to help me find and eliminate them! Thanks guys. :DD

edit; just had an idea. would it be a good idea to run CM / Psyshock / HP Fight / whatever (wish?) Espeon >> Windlos? I mean, it offers me some way to beat out Latias really and I can smack spikes and Leech Seed etc back at them. It ~seems~ like a good idea, anyway. Dunno how well it'd work in practice, especially with Gyro Ball still mauling Espeon. :<

edit2; so I just realized that part of my "can't beat stall" problem is my choiced-ness... how 2 fix? I can't really unchoice Azu/Toed, and Latios works best choiced... should I replace Latios? :<

Last edited:

Elvis Cheeseley

~Swiss cheese only~
    Years
  • Specs toad needs another attack imo,aka Ice beam or Hp Electric/grass.One status move's enough on a choice set. I don't quite see what you're outspeeding with that Ev set-it's the same as adamant 252 Spd loom iirc;I think you're better off investing them in its bulk.

Rotom-C...............well,I still think that Sub+NP thundurus/Sub+Charge beam Rotom-W's better.WoW will take ages to kill Ferrothorn with Lefties lol.

Run Sub on Jirachi-usually even more annoying with paraflinch :P

CM LO Latios is better for a rain team imo-allows it to be more versatile rather than the ever-so-predictable-spam Meteor.

The last spot needs to be something you can switch into Ferrothorn (which,apparently you don't have).I'm not sure,but you could try Forry perhaps?I've tried it,and it has worked out pretty well,making Ferrothorn a setup bait for Forry.Also,you try SD/CB Scizor,Shubarugo(dunno the english name :( ).Also,Xatu's a nice Ferrothorn check,with Magic mirror.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Specs toad needs another attack imo,aka Ice beam or Hp Electric/grass.One status move's enough on a choice set. I don't quite see what you're outspeeding with that Ev set-it's the same as adamant 252 Spd loom iirc;I think you're better off investing them in its bulk.

Rotom-C...............well,I still think that Sub+NP thundurus/Sub+Charge beam Rotom-W's better.WoW will take ages to kill Ferrothorn with Lefties lol.

Run Sub on Jirachi-usually even more annoying with paraflinch :P

CM LO Latios is better for a rain team imo-allows it to be more versatile rather than the ever-so-predictable-spam Meteor.

The last spot needs to be something you can switch into Ferrothorn (which,apparently you don't have).I'm not sure,but you could try Forry perhaps?I've tried it,and it has worked out pretty well,making Ferrothorn a setup bait for Forry.Also,you try SD/CB Scizor,Shubarugo(dunno the english name :( ).Also,Xatu's a nice Ferrothorn check,with Magic mirror.

Thanks for the rate! unlike everyone else...

Well, the reason why I don't run a third attack on Poli is that quite honestly not even super-effective HP moves hit as hard as Hydro Pump. :( I also really like the absolute shutdown that Hypnosis gives me, and without Toxic I'd be endlessly walled by Jellicent/water absorb mons anyway... maybe I'll give HP Elec a go > Toxic. And as far as the spread I dunno. I just went max/max, haha. Too lazy to find specific speed numbers. :>

If I cut Rotom-C, nothing can take electric moves except Jirachi kinda and I already rely on that a lot. I'd rather not remove it if at all possible.

There's no room on his set for Sub. ;-;

Alright, I'll give CM LO Latios a go. ;D

I might try Scizor (don't really want to use Forry as I don't even have a spin-block myself; I also don't like how it's inevitably set-up bait for like everything).

Thanks again for the rate, man! I really appreciate it. :)

Back