• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Home Search Assitant

Years
  • Hey. some how i got a program called "Home Search Assitant" installed. When i try to unstall it it tells me to download a program to remove it. After I do that I try to run the proggy. It does NOTHING. Do you know a way I can force remove it?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • It sounds abit like some kind of web browser toolbar. Possibly spyware of some sort. Update Ad-aware (which is what I use, but use whatever you have) and then run a full system scan.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • So, it is a web browser toolbar (with one heck of cheap search feature)? Then most likely spyware, just run whatever program you have to fight spyware. The .dll extension is interesting though...

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Sounds like a browser hijacker perhaps? I?m not too apt on this stuff, but you should certainly try what he suggested before you do anything else~

PGN

I am now PGNFounder
    Years
  • Usually when you open a program and it does nothing, it's a trojan horse x_x

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Before you scan with AdAware, check for updates of the reference file by using the "webupdate".

Then ........

From main window :Click "Start" then " Activate in-depth scan"

then......

click "Use custom scanning options>Customize" and have these options on: "Scan within archives" ,"Scan active processes","Scan registry", "Deep scan registry" ,"Scan my IE Favorites for banned URL" and "Scan my host-files".

EDIT: I checked, this is a spyware/hijacking problem.

Back