• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prof. W.'s Fakemon Sprites

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
Years
  • Hello there, I have been spriting for a while, so here is my work.

This is my recent work:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Here is my older work-

Spoiler:

I hope you enjoy them,

~Prof. W.

Dankesque

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • I could tell just by looking at the picture that Ambuslice was related to Kriketune. I like it. And Trilock/Keyriska are really imaginative!

One thing with Ambuslice, though: its eyes look kind of soulless. If that's the effect you're going for, then you're spot on, but otherwise, maybe you could add some highlights to them?

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
  • I could tell just by looking at the picture that Ambuslice was related to Kriketune. I like it. And Trilock/Keyriska are really imaginative!

One thing with Ambuslice, though: its eyes look kind of soulless. If that's the effect you're going for, then you're spot on, but otherwise, maybe you could add some highlights to them?

Thanks! Ambuslice's eyes are intended to be kind of souless, it is almost made to represent some kind of cold-blooded killer. In fact, it was originally to be Bug/Dark (which would be awesome) but with all of the blades and claws, I decided for it to be Bug/Steel instead. Thanks again,

~Prof. W.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    First time going through the Pixel Art part of the fourm. And I really like what I see, great job!

One thing on the Crawlbite, to me it just doesn't seem like a pokemon evolution. I can see they are different, but not by much. This is just me but (and remember I am inexperienced in spriting) maybe if you either altered the color or size of Crawlbite that might help.

And that first one has a somewhat complicated evolution lol but I really like it. Again, great job and very imaginative.

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
  • First time going through the Pixel Art part of the fourm. And I really like what I see, great job!

One thing on the Crawlbite, to me it just doesn't seem like a pokemon evolution. I can see they are different, but not by much. This is just me but (and remember I am inexperienced in spriting) maybe if you either altered the color or size of Crawlbite that might help.

And that first one has a somewhat complicated evolution lol but I really like it. Again, great job and very imaginative.

Oh, thanks! I see what you mean on Crawlbite, it's does not have a massive difference. Deepray actually used to have a split evolution, but it didn't look good enough so I removed it. It's currently lost in history, the only way for it to be seen is if somebody infiltrates my house to access my sketches. But I see what you mean, but Crawlbite is pretty old, but I plan on redoing some of my older sprites one day. Maybe even some of the first ones I made that few people have seen. If I do, I'll think about that once I get to Crawlbite. Thanks again,

~Prof. W.

Dankesque

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Thanks! Ambuslice's eyes are intended to be kind of souless, it is almost made to represent some kind of cold-blooded killer. In fact, it was originally to be Bug/Dark (which would be awesome) but with all of the blades and claws, I decided for it to be Bug/Steel instead. Thanks again,

~Prof. W.
    Well, you done good then; he really gives me the heebie-jeebies. I think he could still work well as a Bug/Dark even with all the blades...

Deathstar

Floating Away...
    Years
  • Ambuslice is very good for now. The lines need to be improved; smooth them out, make them look better. Then shading needs to be improved, make it more defined. Other than that, it is good. But keep working on it!

As for the others, they don't look like Pokemon, exept for Trilock and it's evo. Most of their lines are jagged, and don't define what the Pokemon's shape is supposed to be. Shading is a must work on, I can't see in some of them where the shading is supposed to be. If they were shaded right, they would look like Pokemon. Sporslide looks funny, and it really needs to improve, it doesn't look like a Pokemon, just a wierd object. When I say Pokemon, take a Pokemon Sprite from the games and compare it, do they look like them?

Not trying to be mean, but just trying to get my point across.

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
  • Ambuslice is very good for now. The lines need to be improved; smooth them out, make them look better. Then shading needs to be improved, make it more defined. Other than that, it is good. But keep working on it!

As for the others, they don't look like Pokemon, exept for Trilock and it's evo. Most of their lines are jagged, and don't define what the Pokemon's shape is supposed to be. Shading is a must work on, I can't see in some of them where the shading is supposed to be. If they were shaded right, they would look like Pokemon. Sporslide looks funny, and it really needs to improve, it doesn't look like a Pokemon, just a wierd object. When I say Pokemon, take a Pokemon Sprite from the games and compare it, do they look like them?

Not trying to be mean, but just trying to get my point across.

I appreciate the critique- but all of the others are pretty old, from about 3/4 to 1/2 a year ago. I understand that Ambuslice needs work, and I'll work on him. The thing is- I don't understand your comment on shading, I don't see the point you're trying to get across. I'm not trying to defensive- sorry if I am. I appreciate the critique and I'll keep working on it!

~Prof. W.

Back