• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Truth and Ideals [T]

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
Plot:

The world isn't as it used to be. Peace is a thing of the past… fear reigns in the hearts of everyone. It all started when a brave youth stood up to an army of dangerous 'pokemon liberators' known as Team Plasma. In a final showdown, the heroes of Truth and Ideals squared off… and Ideals won.

The hero of Ideals, Champion of Unova, N, stood atop his mighty castle and declared that all should release their pokémon, for they wished to be free. And so it was outlawed to possess a pokémon, fierce competitive battles relegated to illegal street fights. Pokémon were kidnapped by Team Plasma, brought to their Lord N, who made daily appearances from the balcony of the castle with his pokémon to remind everyone of the punishment that was to follow for any who dared keep their pokémon in slavery. He declared all laws and vetoed old ones, and it soon became that this was to be the most dreaded part of any day. It was broadcasted over TV across all TV stations, thanks to Team Plasma's tech personnel.

Until one day, months later, when it all got even worse.

It was the middle of Lord N's daily broadcast. He stood with Zekrom by his side, forever allies.
"…And that is all I have to say for today. Everyone, return to your lives. Today's broadcast is over."

"Now wait just one second!" Another voice rang out. Its owner quickly strode onto the scene. A tall figure clad in castle-like robes, with long green hair and an electronic device fitted over one eye.

"Attention, region of Unova!" The figure said. "I am Ghetsis, one of Team Plasma's seven sages. And as of today, I am your new leader!"

He withdrew an arm from his robes. In his hand was an object many had forgotten over the past few months. A pokéball.

"Guards!" Ghetsis said. "Restrain N!"

"Y-you can't do this!" Said N, struggling against the Team Plasma grunts he had until now been leading. "Zekrom, annihilate this man!"

Ghetsis had other plans. He threw his pokéball, and from within exploded a dark beast; A dragon with 3 heads.

"Hydreigon," Ghetsis said smugly. "Kill his pokémon. Oh, and N? I can do this. I've been planning it since before you could even walk."
In a single day N's reign of simple pokémon freedom was shattered - and in its place rose a freakish dystopia. A world of havoc, wherein anyone you did anything against Ghetsis's will was punishable by slavery or death. And everything was against Ghetsis's will.

Construction on the desert road was halted. The lighthouse in Driftveil torn was down. The Mistralton airports were closed. Anything that could even slightly compromise Ghetsis's rule was destroyed. The gym leaders and Elite 4 were imprisoned deep within Team Plasma's castle.

But he forgot one place.

The Battle Subway - home to the last stragglers of society, human and pokémon. The only place in the entire region Team Plasma cannot reach. But their numbers are low, not enough for rebellion. With the rest of Unova enslaved or murdered, and thousands of Team Plasma members, numbers growing, there is no way to survive.

Alas, they are not the only ones planning rebellion. What few wild pokémon that remain are…changing. They are getting stronger. Overwhelmingly powerful – and vicious. They operate only on instinct, and they have only one aim: Bloodshed. And the worst part?

If a pokémon somehow survives the brutal strength of these beasts, all it takes is one scratch. One scratch - and they turn.

The wild pokémon's numbers are growing. Countless dead, Team Plasma's pokémon turned…

Unova is at war.

And society is caught in the crossfire.

Your Role

Spoiler:

Rules:
1- Be polite to other roleplayers.

2- No godmodding or powerplaying (automatically assuming you dodge every enemy attack, beating the opponent without any drama, directly taking control of another's character, etc.) . Minor bunnying is allowed only with permission.

3- Be active! Remember, if you are inactive for more than a week at a time others can bunny you until you return. Admittedly, I am in a bit of a tight spot with school work, so by the time we begin I will choose at least 1 co-GM based on the quality of their signup.

4- Have fun!

5- Even though this is a pretty small selection of rules, I'm going to do this anyway. Put this phrase in your signup somewhere or you will not be accepted, full stop. The password is "yrotS evaC".

6- Please, be literate. I have no clue how many RP's I've dismissed due to 1337speak, but I know it has been a fair few.

Signups:

Human:
Spoiler:

Pokémon:

Spoiler:

Players:
Spoiler:

Aaannd unless I've forgotten anything, that's it! Oh yeah, as the GM, I'll also control Ghetsis and any legendaries we encounter along the way. So will the other GM, when they're chosen.

Last edited:

aceattorneyweirdgirl

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
This is what happens when your RP isn't authorised until a week after it's posted. C'mon! Let's get this thing rolling!

Name: Axis

Allegiance: Survivor

Gender: Technically genderless, but for everyone's convenience, refers to itself as male.

Species: Porygon-Z

Appearance: Axis is an ordinary Porygon-Z in appearance.

Personality: Before evolution, Axis was a relatively mundane example of his species. He followed his programming, and therefore his orders, to the letter. He did so in a polite, calm manner, rarely if ever displaying emotions. He was an oft-cited example of Silph Co's success in digitally distributing his kind. Personality in a Porygon wasn't a sign of success; it was a critical bug to be corrected.

But when Team Plasma took over, he was stolen away. Evolution was forced upon him – twice. And while a Porygon2 would develop ordinarily if raised at a steady rate, the abrupt change into the already-bugged Porygon-Z changed the way he saw life forever.

He is still polite, well-spoken and calm… but definitely not emotionless.

Now cruel, twisted, manipulative and sadistic, he sees himself as a force that aligns with no-one and revels in chaos. He will not hesitate to strike if the opportunity arises, so long as said opportunity does not endanger himself. He exists, in his own twisted little world, simply to cause as much damage as he can to as many things as he can before he is taken out… like a supernova.

History: Axis was a fairly standard Porygon unit for most of his life. He was owned by an accountant that lived in Castelia City, who saw him as little more than an autonomous calculator. True, Porygon are little more than autonomous calculators, but that's beside the point. His master did see the potential in artificial intelligence, but could never actually afford an Upgrade to evolve him. They lived a simple life, and nothing much happened - until Team Plasma came.

It was back when they had just secured Unova, and needed more recruits for an adequate peacekeeping force. They offered Axis's master a place amongst their force, but when he declined, they stormed the house. Everything valuable was taken – including Axis.

Team Plasma saw the benefits of taking what was essentially the world's most violent computer program, and they took them. Axis was forced to evolve twice, an event which stripped him of his sanity. There he waits, obeying missions, following orders… looking for openings.

Moveset: Tri-attack, Dark Pulse, Psychic and Nasty Plot

RP Sample: None for now. Keep in mind, though, that I did write the plot.

Notes: yrotS evaC.

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
Name: Selen D. Geeste

Allegiance: Plasma

Class: I'm not sure yet.....I'll edit once I make my decision. I want to be as close to Ghetsis character as possible. So I presume I need to be somewhere that I can report.

Appearance: Selen being a stickler about her health and appearance, she strives to keep herself in as best shape as she can. A very mature looking woman, she is quite developed having a full, thick figure that she often complains about as being "too fat". She has a medium stature and dresses in flamboyant attire, often dark or pseudo-gothic in style. Her signature outfit contains web-lace bunched pantyhose stuffed into moderately adorned (with vibrant onyx and amethyst stone) cutlets, a silk with velvet fringe shaw, sleeveless shimmer velvet top with black lace, and a myriad of jewelry.

Her hair is usually kept up in a spiral spiked ponytail that is set high atop her head. Two bangs in the front are iron-board straight and dangle nearly to her waistline, cropping her face on either side. A third bang points down her nose, but stops halfway down the bridge. Her hair is an ashy blond, almost mistaken to be grey. Selen often wonders if she should dye her hair in a darker tone, as she is self-conscious that the colour will be mistaken for old-age greyness.

Every fingernail on her delicate hands are kept long, except for the pinky fingers, which have the nails clipped.

Selen's face is round and pale, almost noh-ish. Her almond shaped eyes have dark onyx irises. Both her nose and lips are relatively small, and she uses piles of make-up to plump her lips in juicy red. Her colour scheme is almost that of a traditional Geisha, although she prefers to wear a full set of lip colour. Most say that she cakes her face with make-up to hide any stray flaws, such as wrinkles or blemishes.

Species: Human

Personality: Fiercely loyal, Selen would give her very life to protect Ghetsis and his cause. She is adamant about her goals and convictions; It is often said that she is 'stubborn' or 'not easily swayed', not even by cold, hard reason or common sense. Despite her rather outlandish appearance, she is very intelligent and is one of the region's scientific geniuses. She, much like Ghetsis, views Pokemon as tools to be used to enforce ideals or to sway a situation in her favour.

Although she is a bookworm and a computer whiz, Selen can be somewhat of a Ditz when it comes to common tasks. She often forgets important things such as where she was going at the moment. Selen is also extremely superficial. Appearance is everything and she tends to take matters over the top (not only in appearance but also in other matters). She is terrified of growing old, and quick tempered if someone makes a smart comment about her age.

Besides towards Ghetsis, she appears to have no compassion towards life, in general. This does not mean that she is emotionless, as she is very dramatic in her actions and reactions; It only serves the fact that 'care' is not a common feeling she possesses. Selen also seems to appreciate the arts, and anything beautiful for that matter, including war. She has the mentality that when nothing is going on, it is "boring". She's also known to be a decent artist, and Ghetsis the subject of her studies in artistic form. She has a bit of an obsession and is rumoured to have romantic feelings for him, oblivious that he likely only has her around because she bends to his every whim and demand.

History: I'm trying to work it out. Not sure what rank I want it to be >_< What's best rank for her?

RP Sample: Coming soon as I figure out her ranking.

Notes: Unfinished, will finish sometime soon. Also: yrotS evaC

Humans also have mini-signups for their pokémon if they have any.
(Not sure if I want her to have a Pokemon)

aceattorneyweirdgirl

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
Hooray, someone's interested in my work!

Alright then, first things first: I'd recommend going with the Admin role if you want to be in contact with Ghetsis. Spies would probably just report to them, and the overlord of Unova wants nothing to do with some lousy grunt.

And second: No wonder noone joined this before. The first post is incredibly uninviting. I need to pretty it up a little.

Years
Name: Melrose Katia Avalon

Allegiance: Survivor (yrotS evaC)

Species: Eevee

Appearance: A picture speaks more than a thousand words, so here it is. I know Melrose doesn't look like an Eevee, but she's one of my main OC's. http://melroseavalon.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d50bdj6

Personality: Melrose does not know mercy. She can be kind, but only if it concerns another pokémon in need. She always goes straight for the kill and doesn't want to think over her actions. This puts her into trouble a lot. She despises humans, each and every one of them, and once somebody attacks her or even takes it under consideration, she doesn't hesitate to become violent. Before Team Plasma took over, she was quite a lovable Eevee. But the war made her cruel, sometimes others even consider her evil. There is no turning back for her, and she will do whatever it takes to get the Unova Region back on the right track.

Her determined way of living has made her skilled in almost everything she attempts to do. She wants to protect the ones she loves with all her might. The only time she ever felt bad for killing somebody was when she kidnapped and murdered a Combusken who invaded her territory. The pokémon had a little sister to take care of and went to find some medication. Melrose really feels guilty about that.

History: Melrose was born in Unova, close to Nuevema Town, and lived there under the name of Sabrina Avalon. However, she had to change her name when the war started, all for the sake of her own. Once Team Plasma took over, she became determined to get the region back in safe hands, even if it meant killing each and every person who would get in the way. She didn't care anymore.

Soon, even her own family was under attack, and her sister Chii and mother Mylo were taken hostage to N's Castle. Her father, while trying to protect them from further harm, was killed in the assault. Melrose had to take care of herself now. She learned swordsfighting and standing on two legs. It became her favourite way to run and walk. She was taught not to trust anybody and simply liberate all the captive pokémon in N's Castle. She became convinced it was her destiny.

Moveset: Bite, Shadow Ball, Scratch, Tackle

RP Sample: Melrose was leaping from tree to tree in the large and outstretching forests. She was disguised as a member from Team Plasma. Too bad she had to kill a grunt for that. She simply pulled on the clothes and made sure nobody would see her. Of course, that was a stupid decision, she had to rely on her skills too much in these woods and if she would be discovered, she'd be done for. She wish she could just close her eyes for a moment and open them again, only to find that this had all ceased. That's when a sudden sound from below caught her attention.
"Amelia, what are you doing up there?"
Melrose looked down with one yank of her head, spotting another grunt, staring at her as if she were standing on lava. She gulped and turned her head away again. Making an unintelligible sound, she tried to flee from the forests. She tore off the disguise swiftly and ran as if there was no tomorrow.
The grunt went after her immediately.
Without any warning, Melrose made a swift turn on her right foot, drew her sword and pierced it right through the grunt's stomach. Melrose pulled the blade out and cleaned it up with the suit of the dead grunt. Fresh blood would attract predators, so the best thing she could do now was getting the heck out of there. She ran away again, until she was sure that all the danger was gone.

A few hours later, Melrose looked around the corner of a cave closeby. She rested a little more and then went on her way again. Onward to the Pokémon League Building.

Notes: In addition to the attacks she normally uses, Melrose prefers using human weapons and she even has her own sword

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
I'll have a go at signing up, why not :P
Very interesting, even if I haven't played the 5th gen games. Hopefully that won't be too bad, I mean, I know quite a few of the Pokémon anyway...

Name: Turnip (Yes, Turnip. I'm serious.)

Age: Probably late teens / early twenties. He can't tell.

Appearance: He wears something like a hooded trench coat, brown, with like some kind of light armour underneath, with metal knee and elbow pads, boots and gloves. He wears an odd metal helmet, with a one-way visor. It can be pretty annoying, since it can't be taken off, but it has some helpful aspects. He carries various equipment with him, most of which he managed to wake up with - A knife on his left, a Desert Eagle on his right, and a strap on his back for just about anything he may have happened to pick up.

Species: Human. Again, an assumption.

Personality: Generally not really loving, Turnip will form friendships quite well, but may ask to kill someone every once in a while. Thankfully he asks, to which the usual answer is "No.". Despite this, and an obvious love of sarcasm, Turnip is actually really moral, and has a strong sense of logic - aside from the occasional mention of wanting to cheat at what is, to everyone else, real life... He is prone to changes in mood, but none of them are particularly violent.

History: Turnip has... pretty much no memory. It seems that Turnip has the momentary consciousness of a Pokémon player - leading to his use of game-like terminology and belief in organised game logic, and probably his high use of sarcasm, too. This also makes him a specifically organised Pokémon trainer, as he has a database-like knowledge of Pokémon and their abilities and stats, etc. - this meant it was really annoying when he found out that Pokémon training was outlawed. Never-the-less, he'd already caught Beldum/Metang, and frankly he didn't really agree with the whole thing. It was the Beldum's choice, anyway. Essentially, he's just starting life, but he already knows, uh, things.
The story behind Turnip's name is kind of simple, although it is co-incidentally how he met Beldum, who then grew into a Metang. Since he didn't really have a name - and any name he did have was forgotten - after awaking in a field of some sort, he was awoken by the question "Are you a turnip?"
His immediate answer was "Yes.", to which he then corrected himself. It was too late, though, and the name stuck - mainly due to him not having an alternate name anyway. He never really questioned what a Beldum was doing in a field - I guess they just got on with it, and the Beldum seemed happy enough with going along with the amnesiac.

RP Sample: Eh, I reckon I've written enough. If you want, I'll tell a joke instead!
Knock Knock!
Who's there?
I'm bad at jokes! Punchline!

Notes: So, uh, what's the significance of Cave Story backwards? :p Yeah, I read the thing.

Trainer Pokémon: Metang

Name: No nickname. Turnip was feeling uncreative at the time.

Personality: Metang is very intelligent due to being a psychic type - and as such is very calculating and thoughtful. Telepathy helps a bunch, too. In truth, he is probably quite a bit more moral / generally nicer than Turnip, mostly in the sense that he doesn't want to kill anyone. Still, he deeply wishes to end Plasma's reign and return the World to the utopian society he had heard so much about.

Moveset: Zen Headbutt, Brick Break, Bullet Punch, Miracle Eye.

History: Beldum didn't really like being around the wild Pokémon. Well, strictly speaking, the new wild Pokémon. The field presented itself as a sort of "Safe Haven" for those who weren't feral - the ground generally having a lot of cover, and the earth being generally softer, soft enough for Beldum to bury himself if need be.
He hadn't been around for long, but he was already quite a knowledgeable and capable Beldum. He'd even managed to learn Zen Headbutt at quite an early age. Despite this knowledge, he still wanted to know more - and living in danger and hiding wasn't really too nice either - and so when he saw Turnip, who looked like one of those Pokémon trainers there used to be, he took the chance.

Last edited:

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
Mara is from a past RP, but I didn't get to use her much so I want to recycle her and use her here if that's not a problem. Also, if we demonstrate the ability to keep up with the roleplay and there are any extra spaces are we allowed to have more than one character?

EDIT: Oh! Almost forgot! yrotS evaC

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Chaos Fork

Anything Goes
Years
Fun RP looks fun
Name: Flare

Species: Larvesta

Appearance: Same as a normal Larvesta, but his fur is darker, the red areas of his body are a brighter shade and his eyes are green

Personality: Flare is very intelligent for his species. He is mischiveous and used both that and his brains to make traps before the reign of Ghetsis. His traps gave him an edge during the reign. However, he has a timid nature, making it hard to make a team

History: Flare lived with his father, a Volcarona, who taught him very powerful moves. He was very protective for Flare and they lived happily. Volcarona sometimes brought Flare to the forest to teach him how to survive in the wild, if the time came. Flare became more powerful each time.
When Ghetsis took over, a group of Plasma Grunts captured Volcarona and tranquilized him. They took Volcarona back to their base. They then tried to capture Flare. They, however, did not know about his power, and unleashed a powerful Overheat and killed them.
Then he knew he had to run and don't look back. After about a few hours, he found signs leading to a safe zone (battle subway). He almost didn't make it until a Trainer picked him up and brought him to battle subway. Obviously, he was on to him at the start, but he sensed that he was not evil. The trainer asked Flare to join his party to knock Ghetsis off the throne. He accepted, at a cost. He asked to help him find his father during the process.
And Flare didn't care who got hurt as long as the family was reunited.

Moveset: Overheat, Acrobatics, Wild Charge, Giga Drain

RP Sample: I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS!!!!!!

Notes: none

O yea. yrotS evaC.
This text is completely useless and is here because the text limit is too short. Also it'll make me look stupid if it's too short and I'm good at typing.

Last edited:

aceattorneyweirdgirl

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
...Wow. I never expected anything like this to happen. It's been what, 3 quarters of a year since this thread last saw the light of day? I'd completely given up on it for a long, long time.
So, I take a moment to thank True for his ignorance of the age of this RP. It sounds insulting, the way I've said it, but at least it's better than having a dead game.
Now, to business!

True Epicness, you are Accepted, and I must mention that amnesia is an interesting idea for someone who is surviving the collapse of civilisation.

Strikit, you are also Accepted, and I think I'll wait a day or two before I decide on allowing secondary characters.

Chaos Fork, I regret to inform you that your application has been declined. It is overall quite sparse, with only around four sentences where I specified a decent sized paragraph. On top of this, your character appears to be fairly overpowered.

As for the two who applied before we travelled through time, I will try and contact them and hopefully get them back in the game.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Any chance of me trying again? Y'know, with a less OP character?

Just because it's been a few days, I'm going to go ahead and say yes, almost definitely. In general you're allowed to sign up for more as many as you like, within reason - unless specified otherwise...

Anyway, @FinalMaster, any luck with getting the two pre-time-travel sign-uppers?
P.S. Maybe we should all start using the OOC thread more. To be honest this post should probably be on there... ah, heck.

Just an added thought, can Metang be shiny? It's just I've recently realised that the Beldum line looks AWESOME in shiny form.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
Hi umm well Im interested in this rp so do I post my question and sign up here or the ooc?

Back