• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
  • It should. Tomorrow I'm going to hop on a Canosh (or whatever) Canal (thing) Server and sit up on the the railroad tracks and pick-off people coming up the dock.

TY

Allright, finally i can be a sniper without being terrible xD
    Though i might be even worse with a full-auto weapon, even though you can toggle its fire rate xD

T!M

Years
  • The M4 is a 3-round burst, but even still, I'm making it a single-fire when I use it tomorrow. Think of it as one of those crappy Marksmen Rifles from Ghosts. Lol.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Hey, change of subject:

Has Anyone Ever Played Kirby's Mass Attack?

It was no doubt one of the best games I've EVER played! :D It was vibrant, fun and full of colour. C: Collecting the Kirby's was so fun and the evil and adorable creatures were irresistible, I almost didn't want to kill them! xD

Plus Kirby never looked cuter. ^^
    Ironically, Mass Attack was one of two Kirby games that wasn't originally a Kirby title.

TY

Lol, my friend still thinks Ghosts is the best CoD so far, while i keep saying that its just a dead game. The only good weapon in Ghosts imo is the Panzerfaust RPG.

TY

No i dont fortunately, i played it at his place and i just disliked it so much. If i had bought it i would be selling it right now and i will pay you too to accept the game. I also saw the story and wasnt impressed one tiny bit.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • No i dont fortunately, i played it at his place and i just disliked it so much. If i had bought it i would be selling it right now and i will pay you too to accept the game. I also saw the story and wasnt impressed one tiny bit.
    Ah. Well, the only reason I asked was because I notice that a lot of gamers who are fans of series (or, in many a strange case, don't really care for a series but like the genre) buy games from said series and continue to play them despite calling them "crap" or something to that effect. That type of thing happens more and more lately than ever (and the past couple entries of CoD have been subject to this the most). It's not really good for the industry...or the series in question. After all, a series won't change if it doesn't know what's wrong, especially if they're too stubborn to innovate to any extent.

But I'd never judge a CoD game on its story (well, save for the early ones), because you will always be disappointed.

T!M

Years
  • Ah. Well, the only reason I asked was because I notice that a lot of gamers who are fans of series (or, in many a strange case, don't really care for a series but like the genre) buy games from said series and continue to play them despite calling them "crap" or something to that effect. That type of thing happens more and more lately than ever (and the past couple entries of CoD have been subject to this the most). It's not really good for the industry...or the series in question. After all, a series won't change if it doesn't know what's wrong, especially if they're too stubborn to innovate to any extent.

Oh, it is crap. I, myself, would be hypocrite if I said I didn't play it anyway though. I think most people are just trying to get their money's worth. Those who hate it more than the ones who play it to not waste their money, sell it back to the store, anyway.

I play it to see if the spawns have gotten any better (they haven't) or the weapons are more balanced (they're not). So I'll keep it and hold out hope. But for now, it's still crap.

But I'd never judge a CoD game on its story (well, save for the early ones), because you will always be disappointed.

The story's pretty awesome, from what I've played thus far.

TY

Yeah, CoD and Battlefield have become games you need a good internet connection for to at least have some fun in it. Which is a big downside since not everyone is able to play games online. Those kind of people rather avoid those games, despite being one of the most known games ever.

The story... it never was good after Modern Warfare, though they had some points that were okay, but still a short story thus not really enjoyable

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Oh, it is crap. I, myself, would be hypocrite if I said I didn't play it anyway though. I think most people are just trying to get their money's worth. Those who hate it more than the ones who play it to not waste their money, sell it back to the store, anyway.

I play it to see if the spawns have gotten any better (they haven't) or the weapons are more balanced (they're not). So I'll keep it and hold out hope. But for now, it's still crap.
    Yeah, that makes sense, and I can't really say that anyone's to blame for that. I mean, the consumer buys the game and the proceeds to cry out against what's bad about the game. The developer sees good sales and assumes that nothing's wrong as a result rather than going in to inspect what is. It's a vicious cycle, and not one that's so easily broken.

...Well, except if the developer/publisher actually pays attention to the consumer.

The stories pretty awesome, from what I've played thus far.
    I've heard good things from people, though I'm not all too convinced about the gameplay. I don't really have much to go on, since the last CoD game I played from beginning to end was Modern Warfare, but I do hear that people get pretty invested in CoD's story modes (depending on the entry and canon in question).

TY

Indeed, the sales keep being high for CoD, mainly since that its one of the most popular games ever, and mostly kids just want it cause "all my friends got it" or "else im not cool enough". Correct me if im wrong but i literally heard those reasons while i was looking for a new RTS in the local store.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Never heard of it. :P But if it's anything like Halo, count me out. xD But if it's anything like Awakening, DOUBLE TRIPLE QUADRUPLE COUNT ME IN!! :D

Fire Emblem: Awakening is such an awesome game, I love it so much! <3
    You'd be hard pressed finding a Fire Emblem game that's like Awakening. (Sacred Stones is the closest just because it's the only other one that you can grind in.) I seriously hope the series doesn't use Awakening's formula and mechanics from now on.

Actually this makes me think. I always thought FE was a turn based long-term strategy game first and foremost with RPG elements mixed in, but Awakening emphasizes RPG even moreso than the strategy. It's essentially a turn based RPG disguised as a strategy game, is there any other game like that?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Eh, I'd be fine with it. FE:A's my favorite Fire Emblem so far, though not so much for story as it is for gameplay (though it does boast a good story and strong characters, the latter largely thanks to a strong translation). I know you have a lot of disdain for the game, but I found it fantastic, and because of strong reception and sales, I can see another game of its kind coming sometime again.

See, Awakening doesn't emphasize its RPG elements so much as it does its longevity (or rather, it emphasizes one because of the other). It opted for an almost Final Fantasy-esque class system that really makes the game last, along with the side missions and map battles. I, for one, applaud the class-leveling system and thought it made the game more fun. And that's not to say the battles weren't long, because as far as story battles are concerned (which are pretty much the only battles for most other games in the series) they generally were.

So I'd be fine with another title like it (though, knowing IS, there's no way a carbon copy entry is in the works). FE:A's currently fighting for 3DS game of the year for more, and just possibly game of the year in general.

T!M

Years
  • Hey, Shadow. Sniped with my M4. The bipod nullified any sway or recoil. But the range of the M4 isn't really all that good. So it was either use the 3-round burst with the potential to kill and add 6 or 7 more bursts per kill, or switch to single-fire and keep hitting them with airsoft pellets. It was fun though. I'm sure I turned a couple of heads with the use of a carbine with a sniper scope.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    See my problem with Awakening isn't so much the marriage system, or the story, or the characters. As much I don't like those specifics, I would have had no problem if Awakening was just solidly design.

Instead, it's a broken, unbalanced mess, with the worst map design in the series in that pretty much most of the maps are wide, empty areas with terrible enemy placements. There are barely any variety in the maps and it mostly consists of simply beating constant hordes of enemies (+ a CRAP load of reinforcements) instead of being strategical taken your limitations and the strength of the opposing opponent. That, coupled with the fact the enemy AI will attack anyone regardless of level or class provided they're in their attack range and regardless of their own health (contrast to Advance Wars or older FE games where the AI avoids stronger units and wisely retreats a unit close to dying) suggest that Awakening was designed around the player just bulldozing through the game instead of actually using any strategy whatsoever, and this is even further encouraged with the class system allowing you to cap stats, the pair up unit being absolutely broken and the amount of grinding you can easily do. Essentially, yes, this is a typical JRPG in that regard.

And maybe it's a very very good JRPG. Maybe it's the best JRPG there is. I won't say it's a bad game, it's not, it's a good game for what it tries to aim and it's very successful for it. But strategy? There's a reason many strategy enthusiasts are very unfavorable to this game. First 4 chapters aside (and some side chapters I guess) there are seriously no strategy in play. None. And I hate that.
    Yeah, I tend to be very disdainful towards the game, mostly jokingly actually. But I have a very good reason for it, since I love the series because of the core gameplay. Yeah, it's still there in Awakening, but the gameplay shines with strong map design, map variety and enemey placement, which is Awakening is particularly weak at, so seeing it like this is pretty unpleasant. I can easily see why people love it, and I actually recommend it to people who aren't into strategy (not the other way around tho lol.). But "no flaws"? "Best 3DS game"? "Game of the year"? I see those thrown often and I heavily disagree.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years
  • Right now im too addicted to this silly FPS game named Tactical Ops. The graphics are so laughably stupid that its just hilarious to play xD

Even the character design looks poor xD

Tactical Ops was great back in the day. Always enjoyed it more than CS despite the popularity difference.

Oh, it is crap. I, myself, would be hypocrite if I said I didn't play it anyway though. I think most people are just trying to get their money's worth. Those who hate it more than the ones who play it to not waste their money, sell it back to the store, anyway.

The story's pretty awesome, from what I've played thus far.

I was in my local game retailer the other day, and noticed Ghosts preowned was less than BO2. This amused me highly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back