• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Editor crashes when saving species data

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2016
    For some reason, When i save changes in the Editor , i get this Error and the Editor Crashes

---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    ---------------------------
    Exception: NameError

Message: undefined local variable or method `saveda' for nil:NilClass

Editor2 #####:1240:in `pbPokemonEditor'

Editor2 #####:1056:in `pbListScreenBlock'

Editor:1297:in `loop'

Editor:1322:in `pbListScreenBlock'

Editor2 #####:1056:in `pbPokemonEditor'

EditorMain #####:106:in `pbEditorMenu'

EditorMain #####:106:in `pbFadeOutIn'

EditorMain #####:106:in `pbEditorMenu'

EditorMain #####:85:in `loop'

EditorMain #####:279:in `pbEditorMenu'

I have v16.1 of the pokemon essentials, and no matter what, cannot use the Editor due to this.
    I have Edited the EditorScripts and Scripts with the needed things as well, Please help

PS: The issue even occurs whenever i try to save without even touching anything

(Thank you to whoever moved this for me, very sorry i posted it in the wrong area before)

Last edited:

Sir_Tman

Overworked game Dev
    Years
  • First off the editor is broken at the moment so don't use it. Second Instead of useing the Editor, Edit the Pokemon.txt in your psb folder with notepad or notepad++. This goes for anything else items, trainer etc.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2016
    Oh so , just edit the notepad of it? ok thank you very much~. It was just a Habit to use the editor cause of ease of access. But I can deal with the notepad editing as well.

Though if there is a fix for the editor, do let me know someone~

Please and thank you!

Back