• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokemon Neo Y & Neo X

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I hope a better post-game storyline is planned, I would like to see some new stuff along with the Looker quest. Kiloude City could use a overhaul too since it on its own is pretty meh.

And is this currently compatable with a dell computer by chance?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I hope a better post-game storyline is planned, I would like to see some new stuff along with the Looker quest. Kiloude City could use a overhaul too since it on its own is pretty meh.

And is this currently compatable with a dell computer by chance?

The patcher should work on Dell. But the rom is only playable on a 3ds with Gateway Flashcard, (maybe Sky3DS too, not too sure)

There are no 3DS Emulators that are compatible of playing Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS, don't fall for those fake 100% working crap that asks you to fill in surveys.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    The patcher should work on Dell. But the rom is only playable on a 3ds with Gateway Flashcard, (maybe Sky3DS too, not too sure)

There are no 3DS Emulators that are compatible of playing Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS, don't fall for those fake 100% working crap that asks you to fill in surveys.

I avoid crap like that like the plague, and with this being a new gaming PC I don't intend to take that risk.

As for the flashcard, is that the SD card used to store the system data? I dunno if I meet the requirements...

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I avoid crap like that like the plague, and with this being a new gaming PC I don't intend to take that risk.

As for the flashcard, is that the SD card used to store the system data? I dunno if I meet the requirements...

No, the SD card in the 3DS is different from the Micro SD Card in the Gateway card.

Although, a SD card is needed to launch the exploit to play 3DS Roms.

To play any 3DS Roms your 3DS ultimately needs to be in FW 4.XX, but there's a downgrade method all the way up until 9.2.0 for Original 3DS.

And what's wrong with patching the rom file? It's not a malicious file nor will it crash your PC.

But don't take my word for it, you can scan it with Herd Protect or Virus Total's online file scanner to be sure yourself. :)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    No, the SD card in the 3DS is different from the Micro SD Card in the Gateway card.

Although, a SD card is needed to launch the exploit to play 3DS Roms.

To play any 3DS Roms your 3DS ultimately needs to be in FW 4.XX, but there's a downgrade method all the way up until 9.2.0 for Original 3DS.

And what's wrong with patching the rom file? It's not a malicious file nor will it crash your PC.

But don't take my word for it, you can scan it with Herd Protect or Virus Total's online file scanner to be sure yourself. :)

No I ment I avoid fake emulators that's what I ment lol. I mean I know for a fact there is no 3DS emulator available yet.

But I do own an original 3DS, I actually had it since launch. I also have a 64 bit SD card for max memory storage which should help a bit with whatever extras you have in the game.

My only problem is I've no idea how to actually patch a 3DS rom since I never expected a 3DS ROM hack so this is a bit new to me. The instructions in the file are a bit vague. Is the ROM file for X/Y and other 3DS roms made in .RAR format due to the fact the SD card can be used to store data onto a computer? If that's the case then it'll be pretty simple to add the right files to the right place, I wanted to be sure on that part first.

ShockHERO

#TeamSonia Member
    Years
  • I'm having problems with RXtools it keeps giving me a white screen on the browser. And on that note. I dont have a Gateway for 3DS nor do I have the funds for one.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    great,, i never had thought that someone would be able to make a hack version of pokemon x and y,, will you be able to make a hack like most gba version (where story change, new plot and team, etc)?

Years
  • Sucks most people (me) can't play without a 3DS, got happy as soon as i seen people on youtube playing this, then my hopes dropped once i found out id have to have a 3DS to play this. Hopefully later throughout the game people can get the file so non-3ds users can play. But this is nice work, you amazed me :)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    ok this is ridiculous, I can't even so much as download all the required things to even begin patching this blasted ROM because my computer can't read certain files without an extra app, and I have no money to buy one at the app store... This is obscene, this method of rom hacking is more likely to alienate players altogether.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    I am SO outta luck, it ain't funny! My 3DSXL is on the latest firmware, I have an eShop copy of Alpha Sapphire on my SD Card to rub more salt in. How did I miss the 3DS hacking scene altogether when I got it?

Oh, well, what's done is done. No point complaining now. I am crazy enough to save up and buy another 3DS XL that is on the correct firmware, and keep it off the internet.

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
    Years
  • Great to see this here, about time!
    Probably gonna play it when my semester is over. X & Y was pretty good, just a little too easy(with exp disabled of course).

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Nice progress so far. As someone who advocates from staying away from the tacky blue/yellow combo (sticking closer to the Japanese logos), glad to see a full fledged Japanese style logo.

Last edited:
    Back