• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

does this seem alright for a battle team gen v

Years
  • dragonite 252 att 252 spd 6 hp jolly not sure on item was thinking life orb
    dragon claw
    earthquake
    aquatail
    brick break

blissy 252 hp 252 sp def 6 spd left overs not sure on nature
    ice beam
    toxic
    twave
    soft boiled

jellicent 252 def 252 sp def 6 hp not sure on item or nature
    will o wisp
    scald
    taunt
    recover

ferrothorn 252 def 252 sp def 6 hp not sure on item or nature
    twave
    power whip
    t spikes
    not sure

yanmega 252 sp att 252 spd 6 hp leftovers modest
    bug buzz
    airslash
    shadow ball
    ancient power

was gonna use latias for my last slot but i want a team with no legendaryies ie using legendaryies too me is just not right so ideas on a replacement is what i need and possible movesets if mine are bad

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Ferrothorn can't learn Toxic Spikes, FYI, so you're best off with:
    -Stealth Rock/Spikes
    -Leech Seed
    -Power Whip/Protect
    -Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave/Protect
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/48 Def/208 SDef
    Item: Leftovers

Use Bold and this EV spread on Jellicent: 248 HP/216 Def/44 Spe.

For some reason, I feel that Yanmega is a bit out of place because of its common weaknesses. I'll see if someone can suggest a replacement, but if you want to keep it, use this set to take advantage of Tinted Lens:
    -Bug Buzz
    -Air Slash
    -Hidden Power (Ground)/Giga Drain
    -U-turn
    Nature: Modest/Timid
    EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Specs
    Ability: Tinted Lens

How about this set for Blissey? It needs Flamethrower more than it needs Ice Beam, though. It can also use Seismic Toss for more consistent damage:
    -Aromatherapy
    -Softboiled
    -Seismic Toss/Flamethrower
    -Toxic
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Ability: Natural Cure

Salamence outclasses Dragonite as a fast offensive sweeper, so it's best with a bulky set:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Dragon Claw/Outrage
    -Fire Punch/Earthquake
    -Roost
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 HP/44 Atk/212 Spe
    Ability: Multiscale

Since 2 of your Pokemon are weak to Stealth Rock, how about Hitmontop as a Rapid Spinner to get said hazard off?:
    -Rapid Spin
    -Close Combat
    -Foresight/Toxic
    -Stone Edge/Sucker Punch/Rest
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Ability: Intimidate

Years
  • yanmega its my fav pokemon so of course i want it in my team it has speed boost ability main reason why i really like it and on the blissy i can see flamethrower working i pretty much only do 1on 1 battles so aromatherapy doesnt work hrm on ferrothorn i like the idea of stealth rock spikes protect gyro hitmon top is a interesting choice but i was thinking about another physical or special sweeper

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • yanmega its my fav pokemon so of course i want it in my team it has speed boost ability main reason why i really like it and on the blissy i can see flamethrower working i pretty much only do 1on 1 battles so aromatherapy doesnt work hrm on ferrothorn i like the idea of stealth rock spikes protect gyro hitmon top is a interesting choice but i was thinking about another physical or special sweeper

The reason why Tinted Lens is preferred on the Specs set is that:
    1. It's counterproductive with Speed Boost. If Yanmega is up against a Pokemon that can counter it, it may be forced to switch, erasing the Speed boosts it accumulated.
    2. Bug/Flying is normally a poor offensive typing walled by many Pokemon. Tinted Lens doubles the damage resisted attacks do, so Bug/Flying now essentially provides flawless coverage.

If you're using Speed Boost Yanmega, use this:
    -Protect
    -Bug Buzz
    -Air Slash
    -Hidden Power (Ground/Fire)
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Speed Boost

Edit: Aromatherapy cures the status problems all your Pokemon have, even the ones not in battle.

Last edited:
    Years
  • hrm i guess ill have too think on aromatherapy and yeah i guess i should add protect on the yanmega i decided on my final
    pokemon too be a starmie modest 252 spd 252 sp att 6 hp
    rapid spin icebeam scald tbolt only cause it was suggested that i need a rapid spinner and ty for your advice platinium dude

Back