• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiritori

竜の子

Avy made by Trainer Touko
Years
The PokéCommunity Get-Together 8:
EventsS » ShiritorI
Welcome to The PC Get-Together 8's Shiritori!

ABOUT:
- Because I'm lazy, this is what Shiritori's Wikipedia article says about this game:
'' Shiritori (しりとり) is a Japanese word game in which the players are required to say a word which begins with the final kana of the previous word. No distinction is made between hiragana, katakana and kanji. "Shiritori" literally means "taking the bottom" as the Japanese language is traditionally written in vertical columns, from the top down. ''​
- However, the PokéCommunity is predominantly an English-speaking forum, so we will be playing the English variant of Shiritori, also known (to some) as "Chained Words." This English variant follows slightly different mechanics when compared to the Japanese word game, but luckily, these mechanics will be briefly explained in the next section.

MECHANICS:
- Participants will post a word which, unlike the Japanese Shiritori, does not have to be a noun; the word can be a noun, verb or an adjective (or if you feel like using another part of speech that will at least follow the rest of the mechanics, then feel free to do so).
- This word has to start with the last letter of the word above it (that word, quite obviously, was posted by the previous poster).
- Also, you cannot repeat words that have been recently mentioned.
- Mimicking the twist implemented from last year's Get-Together, the word must also be related to the word posted above it. A short explanation must be included if your chosen word's relation to the previous is not obvious (yet honestly, I think that it would be best if you explain the word's relation anyway, so that you avoid breaking PC's '4 words and 25 characters per post' rule).
- So to recap all that: your word must relate to the word above you, start with that word's last letter, not repeat a recently mentioned word, and include an explanation.
- To illustrate what I mean:
Person 1 said:
Blue,heh?So Eyes
I know a few people with blue eyes

Person 2 said:
Stare,because you use your eyes to stare

Person 1(or anyone that isn't Person 2) said:
I can't use eyes because that would be repeating a word,so Evil.You all know about evil stares right?

RULES:
- All PC Rules (which can be accessed here → ) apply. Kindly read these rules once again, especially if you are not used to posting in threads within sub-forums such as Pokémon Trivia and Other Trivia.
- The thread will open at 12:00 AM EST on Friday, July 15 and close at 11:59 PM on Monday, July 18. That's the whole GT8, so you can participate in Shiritori all you want until the Get-Together ends. Yay!
- Lastly, have fun!

SO, WITHOUT FURTHER ADO:
First word:
Pie

켄니씨

>Insert C.U.T Here<
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2011
Eldest

Because the idea of taste is very very very old

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I remember this game, it was so fun last year. XD

Anyway, I'm going to say drowzy, because when you get tired, you get drowzy (obviously. :P)

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
MagiC

Because most of my dreams involve some form of magic.

Team fail failed.

Last edited:
Back