• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU Team help and critique

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
  • Hello all! I have an OU team that I have used for a long time and have had my fair share of many victories and losses with. However I would appreciate the critique of my team of what I should change, add or keep the same. All thoughts and ideas are appeciated. Thanks!

635.gif

Hydreigon (M) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast
    - Dark Pulse/U-Turn
    - Focus Blast

Special attacker/wall breaker. Hydreigon's job is to come in and blow apart everything its path. More seriously, Hydreigon with proper prediction can score a super effective blow on switch-ins looking to absorb something else. Brute force is also an option in trying(and usualy secceeding) to cut down bulky and durable opposition's hp down with Draco Meteor. It should also be noted hydreigon can fake out a choice scarf with expert belt.

212.gif

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-turn
    - Pursuit
    - Superpower

I dont really like using scizor cause hes almost omni-present within ou teams, but alas hes just really god at what he does. Anyway I dont think i have to say much here. Scizor with choice band hits really hard and can u-turn for momentum, pursuit trap, and revenge kill.

563.gif

Cofagrigus (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Mummy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]
    - Trick Room
    - Shadow Ball
    - Nasty Plot

Cofagrigus would seem like an odd coice for an OU team. But actually hes suprisingly deadly. Almost everyone would expect adefensive/supportive coffagrigus but this one sweeps. Its kinda silly how easily he can get one or two nasty plots then a trick room cause of his overall bulk, immunities, and abillity to set up in front of allot of things. HP Fighting + Shadow Ball is unresisted so only the bulkiest special walls will be able to take a hit after a couple boosts.

423-east.gif

Gastrodon (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Storm Drain
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Earth Power
    - Recover
    - Scald
    - Toxic

With Gastrodon's special bulk, typing and resistances, she can wall many common special attackers such as Starmie, Latios, Rotom, Thunderous-T and almost every other water and electric type. Toxic ensures she'll keep the upper hand when stalling and scald to punish possible switch-ins/counters with a possible burn. Gastrodon deserves a special mention for being able to handle most Rain teams witch ease.

547.gif

Whimsicott (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Cotton Guard
    - Substitute
    - Leech Seed
    - Encore

The general annoyer of the team. Encore is makes the opponent think hard on if they wanna risk getting locked into their boosting or status move. The priority subseed is obvious. A special mential is that beleive it or not, after only 2 uses of cotten guard whimsicott becomes near invulnerable on the physical side even taking super effective hits with ease.

468.gif

Togekiss (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Air Slash
    - Thunder Wave
    - Heal Bell
    - Roost

Haxkiss. Yup the paraflinch plus heal bell support. Not else much to say excpect the lack of another attacking other than air slash, not that its that dehabilitating anyway.

That's my team. I think one thing you may have noticed is the lack of stealth rocks or any other entry hazards. Well, tbh it hasnt been that big of a deal with my experience with this team although it would be a tremendous benifit to the team considering how it can force switches alot however I havnt found the proper poke to supplement the SRs while still being able to perform the function of the former member of the team but thats what you guys are for :cheeky:. Well anyway I appreciate any constructive critisism you may have for my team.

Last edited by a moderator:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Expert Belt Hydreigon is better off going mixed, IMO, to help cover potential threats:
    -Draco Meteor
    -Fire Blast
    -Superpower
    -Roost/Earthquake/Dark Pulse
    Nature: Mild/Rash
    EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt

Scizor is rather slow, especially the Choice Band set, so it's better off using a bulkier spread of 248 HP/252 Atk/8 SDef to make the most out of its good defensive typing.

Since Scizor switches a lot and Togekiss is weak to Stealth Rock, you might need a Rapid Spinner on the team, like Starmie:
    -Hydro Pump/Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Rapid Spin
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
    Ability: Natural Cure

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
    Years
  • Since Scizor switches a lot and Togekiss is weak to Stealth Rock, you might need a Rapid Spinner on the team, like Starmie:
    -Hydro Pump/Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Rapid Spin
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
    Ability: Natural Cure

What do you suggest me switching out for Starmie if I were to add it?

Back