• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Temple of the Gods

Tek

Years

• _____-----_____

::::::::: TEMPLE OF THE GODS :::::::::
    ::: Aztec/Mayan Theme Challenge :::

640px-Tzompantli_Tovar.jpeg

= Introduction =

In Mesoamerican mythologies, the form and signifigance of deity figures appear to be quite fluid. Deities can simultaneously be a single entity or multiple entities. Conflicting stories about deities - and existence in general - seem to be held true at the same time. The impression of modern researchers is that these peoples gave the same weight and truthfulness to both actual and fictitous histories.

Therefore, in this challenge you will simply choose your Pokémon based on the characteristics of certain principles found in the Aztec and Mayan folkores. Feel free to add more restrictions to your challenge, such as catching only one Pokémon for each principle, or going down the list in order from top to bottom (the list of principles is organized roughly by chronological/developmental order). List any additional rules you will be using at sign-up. No changing rules partway through!

= Rules =

- any Pokémon game may be used, including romhacks and spin-offs; be sure to note which game you're using in the sign-up
    - the first principle, Origin, is represented by your starter(s)
    - trade-ins and hack-ins are fine, as long as you make note of them at sign-up
    - make creative use of the word "sacrifice" in your sign-up to show that you've read and agreed to the rules

= Principles =

]ORIGIN[
    - original creation, genesis of manifest reality

]EARTH[
    - clay, mountain, wood,  crocodile, monkey

]SKY[
    - wind, rain, thunder, serpent, bird

]WATER[
    - ocean, river, lake, vegetation, fungus, fish, frog

]FIRE[
    - light, heat, ash, incense, serpent, modern age

]SUN[
    - masculine, day, dragonfly, turtle, eagle

]MOON[
    - feminine, night, crab, rabbit, deer

]XIBALBA[
    - ice, bone, death, rebirth, bat, canine, soul, punishment

]JAGUAR[
    - destruction, fang, feline, anger, bloodthirst, combat, knife, war

]LOVE[
    - fertility, disease, purification, flower, butterfly, song, dance, art

]MAIZE[
    - life, blood, mankind, sacrifice, harvest, writing, civilization

]VISION[
    - time, smoke, mushroom, cactus, mirror, truth

-----_____-----

Lastly, I am (of course) signing up for the challenge. The game I'm using is White version.

No hacks or trade-ins for me; not because I oppose such but because I lack the neccessary hardware. I'll take my own suggestion and catch my team in order from Origin to Vision (I'll also be catching others to fill the dex, but they won't be used in battle or as HM buddies).

To make things more interesting, I'll use two additional rules: Pokémon that faint get boxed until a badge is earned or Victory Plateau is reached (excluding the Origin Pokémon), and I must weave a tale based on my Pokémon choices.

So that's that. I hope y'all enjoy the art and such; I chose the least gory depiction of human sacrifice I could find :]

Last edited:

Tek

Years
  • i've begun already, and here's the first update. i chose oshawatt as my starter, named him Origin for convenience, and then i saved prior to entering Unova Route 1. now, let the tale begin.

---

first chapter

Spoiler:

Tek

Years
  • another small update: the first trainer battle. the pace of actual game progress increases significantly after this chapter.

second chapter
    Spoiler:

Back