• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

rip last.fm

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
  • i'm sorry but is anybody else HORRIFIED by its new layout

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • it's pretty gross, and feedback has been, like, uniformly overwhelmingly negative so I guess we'll See What Happens. I'm hoping it'll grow on me, which is possible, but a lot of it's been made super unwieldy.

that being said, it's not like I'm gonna stop using it. I'm a sucker for all this statistical shit wrt my music listening.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't think it is that horrific but it seems like a design that would have been used before the famous one everyone new and loved. I like the upper half of the profile pages, but it's very unappealing otherwise. Not to mention that nothing I've scrobbled in like two weeks has been counted at all. I'm more annoyed by the interruption of services rather than the layout itself.

Years
  • I might need to go look at it despite never using last.fm, but I know how often I've had to get adjusted to new layouts on YouTube so I'm sure the users will get used to the new look sometime.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • I tried the beta out for a bit before it went live and immediately nope'd out of it. I mean, I get that they feel the need to overhaul their website given how admittedly dated the previous site was, having hardly changed in the seven years that I've used it, but I'm immediately put off by how it seems to fill up your screen, clearly catering to mobile browsing. Plus, I really can't stand circular avatars. I know it seems to be the 'modern' thing to do, but it's such a pet peeve of mine having the border radius go nuts like that, haha.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I have to agree with others. The site layout is so horrible. Maybe it's just because I'm not very big on total layout changes or something. :/ I thought the old layout was just fine. They should have an option to keep the old layout like what Livejournal did.

Am I the only one who thought this thread was about Last.fm closing down or something?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I love the new layout personally. My only gripe is some of the album artworks don't load which sort of ruins the rest of the aesthetic, but I'm sure that will soon be fixed.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't have my music on my laptop so I haven't even like...paid attention to last.fm. I guess I shouldn't go look if it's really that bad, lmao.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    the last design was perf, no reason to change the layout

they can pile on the "pay for" features as much as they want, but not sure how a complete design overhaul plays into that. it's ugly as shit

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Honestly it looks like fucking trash now, although I admit they could have used minor changes in the previous layout, not a complete overhaul (new layout).

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I remember glancing at it when they were first letting people check out the beta look and being upset that there was no "compatibility" check on others' profiles even though that was always a fairly worthless measure. I don't think they've added it back in?

Luckily I don't really use Last.fm at all even if I diligently scrobble whenever I can, so the new layout won't make a difference to me. It's a bit hard to read (too much contrast, imo) but I think only because the old site has been stuck in the early '00s for so long that all of us are used to the old layout. New people probably won't have an issue and we'll all adjust in time.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I used to use last.fm a while back when I couldn't be arsed to use Grooveshark. I left after it kept recommending me Pitbull songs.

Also the new layout is giving me myspace flashbacks after they tried to reform it as a music service.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • The layout doesn't seem that "horrific" in my eyes? Not very music listening like, but I never really got into using last.fm, so.

Sir Codin

It's an eyesore. The old one was practical, this new one is overly flashy and it's not immediately apparent what does what.

Back