• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Small Writing Competition!

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
Hahaha, ninth place... I wasn't really expecting anything, but I was hoping for a good place, and I guess ninth isn't horrible. I could've done better on grammar though. Personally, I feel my grammar scores are pathetic, despite my pedantry towards the topic, and I should've spent more time on that aspect. Also, characterization. I could have conceivably done better, but I've never written a romance before, and I am a self-imposed celibate, so the concept of romance is foreign to me. Still, that's no excuse.

Anyway, congrats all, thanks to the judges, and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's entries next year. :D

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2015
8th place! Whoo! That's perfectly fine with me. ;D

Thanks to the judges for taking the time to score and comment. I can see why you didn't think it fit particularly well with the prompt since, reading it over, I can see that I kind of strayed from the original, prompt-y idea I had. Oh well. There's always next year! Also, congratulations to everyone, especially (=Nemesis=) and icomeanon6!

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
*completes internet handshake*

And well done icomeanon6. Where can I go to see your entry?
You can find it in the main Fan Fiction & Writing forum, along with several other of the contestants' entries. Speaking of which, you should probably post your entry in a thread there for posterity. This thread won't be around for too much longer.

There's also a link for mine in my sig.

Last edited:
Years
You can find it in the main Fan Fiction & Writing forum, along with several other of the contestants' entries. Speaking of which, you should probably post your entry in a thread there for posterity. This thread won't be around for too much longer.

There's also a link for mine in my sig.

Yep, it's much better than mine. For a start it has actual character development in it.

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
Congrats to the winners, It was a interesting thing to do and I would do it again :)

PS: I don't have my story any-more? Can you send it to me?

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
Congrats to the winners, It was a interesting thing to do and I would do it again :)

PS: I don't have my story any-more? Can you send it to me?
Protip: If you haven't deleted it, it's in your PM Sent Items folder. :)
I'm assuming you deleted it from your computer or something.

moonlightning

Bird Of Thunder
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2019
I'd like to give a big thanks to the judges for running such an organized and well judged competition. I agree with all of my marks and I have received some helpful advice. If this is still on next year, I'll kick all of your butts! :D My main excuse is not having enough time to refine it as much as I would have liked. (Apparently missing a plane was worse than losing a fan fiction contest XD)

Again, thanks judges and I hope to see this again!

Townes

Gentlemanly Hazard...
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 15, 2011
Well, as I've said, jolly good fun and thanks very much to all of the judges for marking, organising, and generally doing moddy activities. Props to thee, sirrahs!

Back