• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Newcomer needs help on posting

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2014
    When I tried to start a thread I was told I needed to make 15 posts before I could start a thread, but when I've tried to comment on other people's threads I've been told I need to have made 15 posts before I can do that too... but I'm not sure how I can reach those 15 posts without starting threads or commenting on them...
    This will obviously count as one of them, as will my introduction thread, but outside of here and the welcome lounge, where else is it okay to post please?

Years
  • You should be able to make new threads anywhere, although some sections are on thread moderation (such as Trade Corner, Challenges, Pokémon Clubs, ROM Hacking, Game Development, Fan Clubs & Groups, etc). Are you trying to insert a link into any of those posts though?

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2014
    Oh... I did link to some other threads on pokecommunity, thinking about it. Take it I'm not meant to do that then?

Years
  • Unfortunately, members aren't able to post links around until they have reached 15 posts. This is normal, and it's in place to prevent advertising/spam/adbots and whatnot. Not to worry, it shouldn't be too hard to get to 15 though! Just make 15 posts around the forum and you're good to go! :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2014
    Ah right, yeah, that's fair enough. I hadn't realised (or, if it was mentioned in the rules section, I'd forgotten). I was linking to my two favourite tutorials, saying what I liked about them, and asking if anyone could point me in the direction of similar ones. I'll wait to make that post, though, and in the meantime I'll just continue sifting through tutorials.

EDIT: Cheers for the response btw :)

Back