• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mystery Dungeon Starters

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
250px-446Munchlax.png
250px-438Bonsly.png
250px-439Mime_Jr.png

These three seem perfect to me. Munchlax was a starter in Time & Darkness, but for some reason he's only available as a partner in Sky which sucked. (Although he's the best partner, mind you.)

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
Years
  • Age 35
  • Ohio
  • Seen Nov 17, 2015
Intriguing question, I never actually thought about it before even though I've honestly thought on many occasions I wish we had more starters available. So, the ones I'd like most in no particular order...

(Wow, list got long... I'm well aware we'd never have THIS many starters.)

Vulpix
Clauncher
Krabby
Corphish
Dwebble
Noibat
Duskull
Nidoran(s)
Slowpoke
Spheal
Anorith
Kabuto
Omanyte
Dratini
Ralts
Paras
Sewaddle
Venipede
Joltik
Skiddo
Phantump
Aron
Litwick
Golett
Honedge
Magnemite
Litleo
Deino
Goomy
Archen
Zubat

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Eh. Again, arguments about Pikachu (despite its status as an obligatory icon, because Pichu can be worth a shot, but I assume this is not the case fpr whatever reason) not being a baby Pokemon can be made too, so I know exceptions can most definitely be made for Floette and other Pokemon, also (which was intentional, by the way. I'd rather at least start with a second-stage unevolved Pokemon than something too weak like Flabébé).

FatRatKnight@gamefaqs said:
Stats from levels are based entirely on a deterministic list for each Pokemon. There is no formula such as those from the mainstream games. No EVs, no IVs, no natures, no base stats. It is impossible to control the level up stats. Furthermore, stat-boosting items may be used infinitely until stats reach 255 and HP hits 999, on any Pokemon, if you have the patience to keep finding such items.

Evolution is a flat +5 to stats and +10 to HP. Nothing more, nothing less, in terms of stats, other than possibly a different list of stat-ups from the following levels. There's still other things, like what new moves are available and so forth.

I wouldn't call Flabébé weak by Mystery Dungeon standards. As I said from my earlier posts, it works completely different than the core games.

Even Pachirisu can be a tough cookie in PMD; Their stats shouldn't be judged by the standards from core games, it's completely unfair. I take back what I said about the baby Pokémon though, as Riolu is a baby Pokémon. I guess it has something to do with their learnset, Riolu and Munchlax are among those few babies with numbers of level up moveset. While Pichu on the other hand is a bit limited, it has only 6 moves. Poor Togepi who has potential to be a starter is forgotten.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I'd like to see the pseudo-legends, Togepi, Trapinch, Ralts, Zorua, Pancham, Espurr, Helioptile, Growlithe, Rhyhorn, Tangela, Gligar, Sneasel, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, and Tyrogue as starters in future PMD games. Maybe Gastly, Misdreavus, Drifloon, Litwick, and Honedge too.

For previous starters, I'd like to see Vulpix, Meowth, Machop, Cubone, Eevee, Shinx, Munchlax, and Axew return.

Back