• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever Completed....?

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
Years
  • The National Pokédex is a Pokédex that has been upgraded with the National Mode that records information from Pokémon around the nation, instead of just ones native in a particular region, every game has it own method for upgrading your Pokedex to National Pokedex.So Have you ever completed your National Dex? Or you just play competitively? Just catch the Pokémon you like? Or your only main focus is on completing main storyline? Share your Experiences

I've never had the patience :P I really play the games for battling, Complete the main story with around six Pokémon caught so I tend to avoid looking up Pokedex so How about you?

Last edited:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I love completing Pokédex! So far I have completed Emerald, Diamond and Platinum's National Pokédex twice each. Once for Alpha Sapphire, X version, SoulSilver and all Gen V games. :)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Haven't managed to yet. I came extremely close in Gen 1. I had 149, but my one friend who had Red decided to be a jerk and not trade me an Electabuzz ;-; I'm attempting to complete it in Omega Ruby. I have a copy of Alpha Sapphire that I just bought a few days ago, so I'm pretty sure I'll be able to complete it with some time and effort.

Years
  • Yes, I have completed the National Pokedex in Pokemon X last year, thanks to couple of friends that helped me.

Years
  • Yes, I have. Four times in fact - Platinum, White 2, X and Omega Ruby. In the very former I had just some trade evolutions left for over a year before I got the last few, with White 2 I decided to just get to the Pokémon I didn't have and managed to complete it for the Shiny Charm. And the latter two were mostly the work of Pokémon Bank - I got mine in X without Bank, which was awesome.

Years
  • It's actually been a goal of mine recently to complete the Pokedex in Alpha Sapphire. I have before twice, once in Emerald and once in White 2. It'll probably take me awhile but I love the challenge :) it's a great feeling once you do it.

Berserkers

Kaboom.
    Years
  • I've unfortunately never completed a Pokédex, but I've come extremely close on multiple occasions. I'm just too lazy! While I'm playing through the main story, I usually only catch the Pokémon I like, though I only choose my six favorites to train for use on my final team.

Years
  • I never completed a National Dex, but in Black I caught like almost every single non-legendary member at the time which was the closest I ever got to completing it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've never been close to completing the National Dex, either. I was close to accomplishing this on Emerald at one point, but unfortunately, I eventually decided to give up on my progress; there were few Pokémon left for me to get a hold of, but regardless of how tough I tried, it still wound up seeming sort of like an impossible task due to some of my own limitations and whatnot (although one of my friends did have a couple of Pokémon I was looking for, she couldn't trade them to me because of neither of us having any link-cable at the time).

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I've never completed any national dex, it's something I've been determined to do in almost every game. The furthest I've got is in White, I've caught about 350 Pokemon of 649. ;-;

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I never completed the National Pokédex! And I never cared about that before! I just wanted to complete the main story, and do the Post-Game! I was just sooooooooooo lazy :/ Now that I wanted or to EV train or to complete the National Pokédex my 3ds needs to be fixed :(
    When I started my Pokémon AS playthrough I was like "Let's catch the most Pokémon I can through the main story" but then I started to be bored and stop catching Pokémon xD

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    i have never even completed a regional dex at this point, so a national dex certainly not. now that Pokémon Bank is out though, i do plan on completing my national dex on X at some point at least. but for now, my main focus is on breeding some battle-ready Pokémon to actually get into competitive battling a bit c:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I am currently working on completing it in X and it's gonna be a long road. I have all of Kanto done and most of Johto and Hoenn (I think), but there's still a TON out there that I need to get.

Years
  • Emerald is the only game where I've completed the National Dex, along with the Regional Dex in White and White 2. I guess I've never really been content with the idea of raising/breeding/evolving a certain species only to have it either released, or thrown in a PC Box never to be used in battle. Most of the time, I only collect ones that are to be used in my walkthrough party, then that are competitive for post game (like the Battle Frontier/Maison) and a few HM slaves

Back