• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Windows 10!

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I just finished updating to 10 and I'm not sure what I think, but my initial impression is that having the start menu back is a gift from God and that alone makes it superior to 8.1. I think my touchpad might be acting up a bit though? It's a bit more stiff than I recall, but that may be me being a computer hypochondriac.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Okay, looks like I've made it into Windows 10 right now! So far it's doing so good, except for the white title bar (EDIT: and lower battery life, I'm wondering if this one was just me), and I'm glad the good old Start menu is back!

Oh, and I'm also bummed that I can't use Cortana, apparently it's limited to some countries, so if I want to use it, I have to switch the region in my PC or laptop.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I started upgrading right as the upgrade rolled out, and it did took me the whole night. I did some installing and upgrading at my tech workplace earlier today which granted me the opportunity to play with the OS a little before I could actually use my own copy. Literally, it is freaking amazing. Exceeded my expectations. There's still a few nitpicks I have right now, such as transitioning from the skype standalone app to desktop, as well as the search bar on the taskbar taking some room. I'll grow to live with them. Besides, I'm really enjoying the start menu. <3

Still exploring the OS as I speak!

edit: Microsoft Edge is awesome! Currently surfing PC with it.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    After the sluggish installation and upgrading process it finally came.
    The menu is so slick and just simple with nice additional apps to toy with :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Found a way to get rid of the search bar. Right click taskbar> Search > Hidden. One less nitpick to deal with!

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I dare say I love to choose a lockscreen which suits nicely with me :3

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • I would love to upgrade to 10 but there are several things that are currently holding me back, chiefly these problematic wifi adapter issues that are being reported and whether or not it's possible to dual-boot Windows 10 on a Windows 8.1 machine. I don't want to inadvertently nuke the original OS, as I've done before in the jump from Vista to 7.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Is there someway disable aeroview on 10? The option seems grayed out

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I guess I'm hopeless to turn off aeroview ;_;

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • What does everyone think about the new Microsoft Edge? What turns me off about it is the lack of adblock support, but I'll learn to deal. You can easily tell that it's a hell lot faster (and less of a hogger) than Chrome.

Years
  • The upgrade still hasn't appeared for me...weird.

Anyways, I'm gonna do a system image of my laptop now before I begin the upgrade, that way I can always restore if something goes wrong.

Years
  • The upgrade still hasn't appeared for me...weird.

Hasn't appeared for me either, but apparently it's a staggered release so not everyone gets it at the same time.

e: Checked my recent updates, there's a failed one labelled "upgrade to windows 10 home". I dunno where to go from here, but you might want to check that.

Years
  • Hasn't appeared for me either, but apparently it's a staggered release so not everyone gets it at the same time.

e: Checked my recent updates, there's a failed one labelled "upgrade to windows 10 home". I dunno where to go from here, but you might want to check that.
    Run an admin command prompt and type wuauclt.exe/updatenow and see if you can get it that way

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen yesterday
    So Windows 10 really fucked up my computer. I kept getting a blue screen with the error "INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR". The solution to that seems to have been disabling all my graphics drivers... sigh. I also have a black bar on the bottom of the screen covering up a third of the taskbar.

Years
  • So Windows 10 really fucked up my computer. I kept getting a blue screen with the error "INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR". The solution to that seems to have been disabling all my graphics drivers... sigh. I also have a black bar on the bottom of the screen covering up a third of the taskbar.
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your graphics drivers, by any chance?

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen yesterday
    Go into your device manager and right click, you'll see an option to uninstall. then right click and scan for hardware changes.

Oh, that's all it took? Thanks. I was already about to try that. :)

EDIT: Updating the drivers seems to fixed the problems I was having. :) :) :)

Last edited:
    Back