• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mario Kart Switch

blue

gucci
Years
  • I love Mario Kart so this is a big seller for me! It looks a lot like MK8 but there are clearly a lot of changes which makes me think it could be built on the same engine. I'm happy to see the return of King Boo, one of the many characters that I felt were missing from the MK8 roster.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    YES! King Boo!

Anyway, I think this could be a good entry. It looks nice so far, I'm not sure if it's a sequel though. A lot of people think port, so who knows. It looks like MK8 but the additional item slot seems to separate it from the last installment. So I;m not sure what to think. Another item slot could happen in a port, but I don't know how likely it is. Either way I am looking forward to it and the other showcased titles!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Is this a thing?

I certainly know that a Mario Kart game was shown in the trailer, but I dunno why people'd conclude that it's a new game or anything. Just seems like Proof of Concept to me. Same with the other games, though I feel like the only ones that really did have any sort of solid grounding were Skyrim (because that already exists) and the Mario game (because of the design, but that also could've been proof of concept).

Definitely a smart choice, though. If it is real, I doubt it's a port. Can't really see them getting away with that when the vast majority of people who wanted the game already got it back on that other console that exists kinda.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I love Mario Kart so this is a big seller for me! It looks a lot like MK8 but there are clearly a lot of changes which makes me think it could be built on the same engine. I'm happy to see the return of King Boo, one of the many characters that I felt were missing from the MK8 roster.

Not the first time they've done it. Mario Kart Wii used the same engine from Double Dash.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Because Mario Kart so happens to be one of their biggest titles. It's a staple mark for each new console that comes out so it seems natural to me that it would be the new title. It's not necessarily a finished new title but I do believe it indicates what to come, especially with the two item slots opposed to one. Not sure why they'd change that up and add a brand new character just for "Proof of work" when they could have easily worked with what they already had.
    I suppose it's the other way for me because of the lack of a HUD, among other things. That Maio Kart's such a staple is actually a large part of why I could understand that they would use it for promotion of the system rather than the game itself, similar to the demo they showed for Zelda back when the Wii U was being demonstrated.

That said, it makes sense at least. If this isn't a sequel as a recent statement suggests, I do have to wonder how a release like this would branch over into other titles. It could just be an updated re-release, but this definitely seems a bit non-standard, especially for a game that was released so recently. Compare it to 7th gen to 8th gen re-releases and it definitely stands out. Though all things considered, I suppose various games made for the Wii U would have to be reworked if it ends up not having a touch screen and the controllers end up lacking motion control. Buuuut we'll see.

Back