• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokémon Shadowstone

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • Hi everyone. I'm really sorry for taking so long on this new version and not keeping this thread updated - Beta 1.2 started a 1-month ETA project and has now gone on for over five months. Our team's been working super hard, and we've gone through a lot of issues. I've been changing a lot on the backend of the game, and as a result I don't have much to show off in the way of screenshots - besides stuff that would spoil the ending. Which brings me to the meaning of this post. I thought I might give away some teasers for a few changes I've made.

- Actual endings, rather than just a "Beta Complete" message. Beta 1.2 has two endings, and which one you encounter depends on several story decisions and your overall level of chaos.
    - 5 hidden cameos by PC Members Achromatic, smocks, marz, Candy and Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers, along with a secret sidequest to battle them all.
    - An easter egg that may or may not involve a certain famous glitch Pokémon.
    - Delta Pancham takes up the mantle of Dragon Warrior.
    - Praecel Forest is Namor Forest now. You can pronounce it, so fancy :o
    - A hint of undertale. Just a hint, we promise.
    - The story actually making more sense.

See you next month ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Just wanted to put another support post out there! Finally tried out this game last night and made it past the first two gyms. I love how it feels like a Pokemon game but there's just the right amount of new content and witty dialogue. The sidequests have to be my favorite part because they make me want to talk to everyone in case I miss something. The Delta Pokemon are really cool as well.

Can't wait to see where this is going! <3 Current team is Delta Staravia, Delta Grovyle, Growlithe, and Petilil.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • lol, thanks both of you. I forget to check this thread sometimes. Here, I'll show off another screenshot trio. Pity me, for I had to upload this to Pasteboard because imgur was down.
    JMf4dCE.png

Honey trees work similar to DPPt, but the delay is one hour instead of six. The Pokémon that you can find inside are also slightly changed. Some rare Delta-types can be found inside as well.

I'm about to go map an abandoned mine. On the list of new features, the mining minigame is going to be a part of that.

Last edited:
    Years
  • lol, thanks both of you. I forget to check this thread sometimes. Here, I'll show off another screenshot trio. Pity me, for I had to upload this to Pasteboard because imgur was down.
    JMf4dCE.png

Honey trees work similar to DPPt, but the delay is one hour except six. The Pokémon that you can find inside are also slightly changed. Some rare Delta-types can be found inside as well.

I'm about to go map an abandoned mine. On the list of new features, the mining minigame is going to be a part of that.

The Pikachu screenshot is amazing.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Hi! I don't have much in the way of updates cause I've been working on the code and adding new functionality and whatnot rather than anything easily screen-shottable, but I can post a few newish things.
    FF1dHF4.png

left: pink trees ^_^ and new grass.
    mid: radio system is gonna be super cool just you wait
    right: adding more backstory to some of the characters

i'll likely be revamping the OP soon and adding some of the recent screenshots

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Hi everyone! I've been putting this off for a while, but I've finally gone ahead and redone the game's intro/get your starter cutscenes. Also cleared out a lot of spaghetti code from that section since it was made before I knew how to use self switches. Here, have a video! Also, I totally forgot that I announced this on our twitter but not here. You see it at the end - your Starter Pokémon follow you.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Added some new features to the UI concerning Delta Pokémon. They'll now show their altered type in battle!

68TQRtB.jpg

As you can see, it can be displayed as icons or raw text, and this can be toggled in the options. It can also be disabled altogether. At the moment I'm not sure whether to use this feature for all Delta Pokémon, or just ones you've seen more than once, or ones you've already caught. Would it ruin the fun of discovering what type a Delta is on your own? Please let me know, I'd love to hear opinions!

Credit to user Makattack202 for making those icons, by the way. I coded it and traded with him.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Added some new features to the UI concerning Delta Pokémon. They'll now show their altered type in battle!

68TQRtB.jpg

As you can see, it can be displayed as icons or raw text, and this can be toggled in the options. It can also be disabled altogether. At the moment I'm not sure whether to use this feature for all Delta Pokémon, or just ones you've seen more than once, or ones you've already caught. Would it ruin the fun of discovering what type a Delta is on your own? Please let me know, I'd love to hear opinions!

Credit to user Makattack202 for making those icons, by the way.

I love the UI feature. Finding the Delta Pokemon is the fun to me, not finding out what type they are.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I really don't update here often anymore, sorry. Check out the "shadowstone twitter" link in my signature for some of the small updates recently. Things are going pretty well, I'm hoping to have the next beta out in time for Christmas.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Back