• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What are some glitches

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Curious because their were so many in RBGY so what about GSC? I know about the celebi egg glitch and coin case glitch any others?

JDJ

Vulpix Breeder, Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • NH
    • Seen Nov 19, 2015
    Gen two cloning glitch.
    Reach a poke center. Save in front of PC. Turn on PC. Deposit pokemon you wish to clone from party to PC Box. Go to "Change Box". It will ask you if you want to save. Say yes. Then as the text is going across the bottom box saying "Saving, Don't turn off the power" turn it off anyways. Turn game back on and you should have one pokemon in the party and one in the PC.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2015
    I seem to recall one where you needed to obtain all of the difrent glitch pokemon from an egg using the coin case/machop cry/walking certain places/writing certain names on the boxes glitching method and you could warp to all the unused maps in the crystal like the lab on cinnabar and the back of the safari zone which has a pokecentre and a cave or the larger viridian forest map which wasn't used outside of an event for crystal back in the days ,

theirs even a 2nd,3rd,4th and 5th floor for lavender radio despite what people think,

when I was a kid I looked through the rom myself and found em , they were just in difrent tilesets (well bits of were) , it must be cause they compress the data to try fit everything on the carts , well that's what I think anyway but im no expert , itd make sense that the images would all get jumbled up especially where their not part of the retail game

im pretty sure their was an event that used some of them though (think mobile adaptor and the fact stadium2 uses/has the ability to use it too, it even says this on wiki)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yes that cloning glitch :) It's great for getting multiples of pokemon easy...but I'd say my most funny experience with it was when I tried to clone my Snorlax in Crystal Version. The poor clone...Its name rendered longer than the name slot as ?????????????????????BICYCLE????????????????????????
    Great isn't it XD Maybe the creators were trying to suggest Snorlax to work out...or use him as a bicycle...

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
    Years
  • there was a glitch to send jotho pokemon to yellow, right?

It not like a glitch but I ad(still have) an pirated copy of Crystal, the clock don't really works and if you start the game in the day time, it will get night one time, and then day forever xD (if you do night, it will be day one time and stuff)

One thing is that the box conter 8 is bugged, the number come random and can be like 78/15 (it's 15 the limit? I forgot)

If I try to play it on stadium 2(US) , it will load and be playable, but everything on the boxes will be wipped, some things will appears there like a lv5 charmelion? I don't remind it well haha other thing is that all the team will become lv1 ...

the craziest thing, I dont remind well what caused it , maybe trying to play with a friends that had and fake gold semi translated from the japanese (something like viet crystal? lol) I remind his player apearing like a npc and his name become " Green!Green!Green!Green!Green!Green!Green!Green!"(...)
    also I remeber a letter that as well where filled with" Green!Green!Green!Green!Green!" o_o

this really was a crazy thing , I would like to have something to import/extract saves so I could show it better/ lend the save, also make tests hahah
    I think this kind where common, at least here because a friend had exactly the "same" (it come with the same box, the same label, that is different from the original, duh , but his where blue ll but everything ingame where the same
    The boxart where funny but I lost it ages ago and I never found a scan of it, like on the back it have a battle scene with pokemon that don't really existed (looked like a drawing, not sprite) and a giant "pokemon" on cerulean xD I don't remind well this is why I want to find this again :p
    Sorry I become a bit offtopic hahah

Back