• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Movies that influenced you

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Are there movies out there that have changed your life in any way? Doesn't have to be a dramatic influence, maybe something as simple as how you view a certain kind of person or whatever. Maybe how you empathise with a particular subject. Or maybe it was the opposite - who knows? But I'd love to hear about times that a movie genuinely shaped your thought on something, developed something within you. I guess I'm a bit of a sap for such kinds of things.
    Also, if you're so inclined, are there movies which have inspired you to go further into the film world? Perhaps even make you consider a career in the industry?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Hm. I'd have to say Tru Confessions. I just watched it last night, and it's a really excellent movie. Here's what it's about. The reason it inspires me is because I can relate to Eddie with my own special needs. It puts into full perspective what society is like for those with disabilities.

Years
  • The Star Wars movies (pre-prequels) seemed to have always been around when I was a little kid and I watched them relentlessly. I've had an on-again-off-again, love-hate obsession with the franchise ever since. In a lot of ways it set the tone for me for what I consider entertaining movies. It was these movies which first got me interested in all the technical aspects of how a movie is made, from the script to effects to costuming. There was no shortage of additional guides and references and behind-the-scenes information about the making of the movies. For a short while I wanted to do something like this as well, like make puppets or build models, or design sets. I still think it would be a fun job but alas it wasn't meant to be for me. But it was seeing the way movies are made that gave me an appreciation for the work that goes into them and that, I suppose, helped bring me to the point where I am now, i.e., where I like to pick a movie apart and look at and judge its different aspects and find pleasure and entertainment even in otherwise mediocre or bad movies.

天 (Caine)

Flower Child
    Years
  • While I've never had a revelation after watching a film, I have about three films that guided my university and professional choices. One of them is "One Flew Over a Cuckoo's Nest". I love everything about this movie, and it unfortunately showed the darker side of psychiatric treatment but fortunately most of those things have changed by now. The second one is "The Shawshank Redemption". That film was a guiding light to everyone who was deeply troubled and felt (or was/is) trapped under severe and soul crushing depression. Hope can, and does, make a very positive difference in their mental and physical well being. The third is my favorite musical, Pink Floyd's "The Wall". In my opinion, it's easily one of the best portrayals of mental illness from a first person perspective. It was highly metaphorical and the audience has to be familiar with the music to know what's going on, but it spoke to me on a level that most films don't and again affected my career choice.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    Hm. I'd have to say Tru Confessions. I just watched it last night, and it's a really excellent movie. Here's what it's about. The reason it inspires me is because I can relate to Eddie with my own special needs. It puts into full perspective what society is like for those with disabilities.

Whoa that takes me back. Tru Confessions. I was a pup when I watched that one.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    I don't know what movie influenced me but there are certain movies that remind me of people in my family. My Grandfather is Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver. My father is Jake LaMotta in Raging Bull. Maybe that's why I drink haha

Back