• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my Uber team

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2012
    Hello everyone. I have posted below my uber team. Any feedback would be appreciated.

The basis for making this team was the sheer power of Specs Reshiram. In earlier battles with a different team, I found that while Reshiram was an excellent wallbreaker, it lacked the speed needed to eliminate some common threats (read: faster dragons).

This team, therefore, is designed to spread paralysis throughout the opposition, slowing them down so that they can be taken out by Reshiram.

Without further ado, here is the team.

GROUDON @ Leftovers
    Adamant
    Drought
    200 HP/200 Atk/108 Def

Thunder Wave
    Swords Dance
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge

Groudon's main purpose on the team is to bring out the sun. He also does a nice job of tanking physical hits and paralyzing some attackers.

LUGIA @ Leftovers
    Impish
    Multiscale
    252 HP/176 Def/80 SpD

Thunder Wave
    Substitute
    Roost
    Whirlwind

Lugia is the main paralyzer and wall. Once a target is paralyzed, Lugia can stall them through a combination of Substitute and Roost until they get fully paralyzed, at which point it phases them away. Thanks to Multiscale, it is a great setup counter, as it can tank a hit without too much and phase the attacker away.

While I was making this team, I sometimes had trouble paralyzing more than one member of the opposing team, since the opponent would simply switch in a paralyzed/ground type pokemon and be able to launch an attack before I phazed it away. Enter...

FORRETRESS @ Leftovers
    Calm
    Sturdy
    252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD

Stealth Rock
    Spikes
    Rapid Spin
    Volt Switch

Forretress's job is exactly the same as the job of any other Forretress on any team: setting up hazards and spinning them away. Lugia and Reshiram both hate Stealth Rock, so he spins the hazards away. He also lets Lugia do some damage while phazing, allowing it to be useful, and he prevents the opponent from switching too much to avoid paralysis. Note that I decided not to carry Toxic Spikes, as it would interfere with the team's goal of paralyzing the majority of the opposing team.

GIRATINA-O @ Griseous Orb
    Adamant
    Levitate
    164 HP/252 Atk/4 Def/4 SpD/84 Spe

Substitute
    Dragon Tail
    Earthquake
    Shadow Sneak

A pretty standard spinblocker. It carries the first of two priority moves on the team (always nice against those people who try to bring riolu) and with max attack, it does a nice amount of damage with earthquake and dragon tail. It should be noted that unless I have a sub up, I am still forced to switch against a paralyzed non‒grounded dragon‒type such as Rayquaza, because Shadow Sneak is only a 3HKO, and Dragon Tail has negative priority.

RESHIRAM @ Choice Specs
    Modest
    Turboblaze
    4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe

Blue Flare
    Draco Meteor
    Dragon Pulse
    Focus Blast

This is the centerpiece of the team. Sun-boosted Specs‒boosted STAB 130 base power move coming off of base 150 special attack puts a dent in literally anything. To put it in perspective, standard Uber Eviolite Chansey takes 42‒49% from Blue Flare, a 75% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock.

ARCEUS-NORMAL @ Life Orb
    Adamant
    Multitype
    88 HP/252 Atk/168 Spe

Swords Dance
    Extremespeed
    Earthquake
    Shadow Force

After a swords dance boost, Arceus OHKO's the entire non-tank metagame with Extremespeed. Earthquake and shadow force are there for coverage. It is notable that this set fails to hit Skarmory neutrally, however.

THINGS THAT COUNTER THIS TEAM

Darkrai is the team's number one counter, and the only one I can think of at present. I have two Pokemon on the team capable of tanking special hits (Lugia and Giratina-O) and both are weak to dark pulse. It is also irritating that Darkrai's ability, Bad Dreams, breaks Multiscale, and I don't really have a good status absorber.

Would it be a good idea to exchange Giratina-O's set for a RestTalk set to help fix my Darkrai weakness?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • If you're having a hard time with Darkrai, you can use Choice Heracross with Sleep Talk to help counter it. It also resists Darkrai's commonly used moves, Dark Pulse and Focus Blast. It's up to you where you want to put Heracross on the team:
    -Megahorn
    -Close Combat
    -Sleep Talk
    -Stone Edge/Night Slash/Pursuit
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf/Choice Band
    Ability: Guts
    (Giratina is still hit hard by Darkrai's Dark Pulse either way, however)

Just so Lugia isn't shut down entirely by Taunt, you can use Dragon Tail over Whirlwind, but Whirlwind does have the advantage of phazing away Pokemon behind a Sub, so that's up to you.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2012
    If you're having a hard time with Darkrai, you can use Choice Heracross with Sleep Talk to help counter it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

While I am aware that scarf heracross hard-counters Darkrai, do you think it is worth removing a team member for it? If so, which one?

Right now, I think the arceus would probably be the best choice; however, I still think that even with the coverage on darkrai, the arceus is more valuable than the heracross.

Last edited:
    Back