• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Like Reaching for the Sun - OOC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
  • Ehh...the holograms wouldn't really have a personality at all since they're, you know, just holograms with a little comp installed in the area that's programmed to respond the pokédex and give instructions that way.

Ah well, no worries; I'll take it from here. :3 Super-special awesome challenge IC, GO!

EDIT: And there you have it. You can control Melody or I can do it; your call. x3

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • So a challenge post works around a hologram telling to do a set of goals in order to complete a challenge?

I rather make another actually good post since my last one was on the border of terrible.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Guh~ too long for my liking, shall conclude next post.

Was that a Melody cameo? owo

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Melody as in...Melody from where? Anyways, nope. This one's just a character idea of mine that I hadn't found an RP for yet, so I shamelessly seized on the opportunity to insert her here instead. XD

Admittedly, I originally envisioned Melody as doing something a bit less action-oriented than pokémon battling, but it seems to work out for her, so...:3

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
  • Am attempting to think up a challenge that can be compared to all the other cool ones here 83

And Kogenta's riddle is making my head dizzy xD;

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I was thinking she was Melody from the second movie but it was just my fandom acting up again. 8D

*shamelessly steals Kogenta's challenge point setup*

It was just so pretty and I'm just so uncreative. Shoot me at will.

*swears to finish up Kao's challenge next post after rushing through the one just posted*

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Your challenge description actually looks a little different than mine. If they are the same, though, uniformity makes sense in this case, right?

The following are hints relating to my character's riddle, if you want to read them. If you do not want to read them, they are still hints about the riddle.

Hint 1:
    Spoiler:

Hint 2:
    Spoiler:

Hint 3:
    Spoiler:

------------

I might have limited or no computer access for a few days soon (until I obtain my new computer), so hopefully I will have my next post up before them.

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Oh boy~ that post stunk worse than... Well, it stunk pretty bad, BUT, as long as it gets the plot moving I'm all for it. *shot'd for tardiness*

If you're confused, that's good! xD I'll explain what happened next post if you didn't get it, but for now, I'm done for the first round. *confetti*

/looks at Koga's riddle and faints

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • *Also faints*

Posted! Posted! Posted, I have! There, take that! Now you can't blame me for holding up the RP! *dances*

And I feel no shame about giving Alex the "Nyeh?" catchphrase. It fits, for some reason. 0.o

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • *Manishly avoids fainting*

I got as far as figuring that it was a dog pokémon, but I totally missed the rest of those hints. *Headdesk* Ahh....this type of riddle so isn't my forte. :x

Oh, and I can still blame you for holding up CARD GAMES and LoL, Thesis. *Evileye* You can't win against me. ;D

Also, I think I understood your challenge thing, Phanima. It was some kind of test of will thing, wasn't it? You lose if you come in with a quitter attitude, right?

Or am I totally off? XD

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • If you're confused, that's good! xD I'll explain what happened next post if you didn't get it, but for now, I'm done for the first round. *confetti*

Hm . . . Is that step of the challenge the part where the clue "Cid" came into play? ::unsure::

I should probably make my riddles less vague. Not even my own character got that one.

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Also, I think I understood your challenge thing, Phanima. It was some kind of test of will thing, wasn't it? You lose if you come in with a quitter attitude, right?

Or am I totally off? XD

...Hai. That's it. *pouts for spoilers*

Ho hum~ I seriously rushed through it just to pick up the pace considering I've been lagging, which was what I'm planning to make up for in my next post. But yeah...that's pretty much it. :3

Abusive manly men are always good for provoking the inner awesome of little girls.

Hm . . . Is that step of the challenge the part where the clue "Cid" came into play? ::unsure::

I should probably make my riddles less vague. Not even my own character got that one.

I took a more novel approach of your setup but yup, you're right too. xP And your riddle was fine! Set backs are always good in my opinion.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • ...Hai. That's it. *pouts for spoilers*

Ho hum~ I seriously rushed through it just to pick up the pace considering I've been lagging, which was what I'm planning to make up for in my next post. But yeah...that's pretty much it. :3

Abusive manly men are always good for provoking the inner awesome of little girls.

Hey, not my fault you used something near-identical to the Final Question trick from Naruto. *Pouts back*

And if anyone's lagging behind here it's me, though it's really due to a certain overbooked circumstance beyond my control. *Meaningful glance* Not that I'm pointing fingers here or anything, of course. *Lilangel* Hmm...got to figure out a way to get Laure's arse out of those caverns in some kind of timely fashion...and some reason to keep Laure from interfering with the battle. Curse his good Samaritan urges. ><

Amen on the abusive men. I must say, the mental image of Kaoru struggling through back there was highly amusing. XD

And I agree, that riddle was gold. It's nice to see a problem of this type that's actually...you know, problematic. ^^

EDIT: Attention roleplayers, I have just come up with a lame out and had Laure cut some major corners on the progress thing, so we will be arriving in Zenith Town within the next post or two. Kindly direct your characters to the pokémon center forthwith and keep your seats in upright position until we have landed. Thank you. ^^

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • ::nod:: True. Difficulties are not necessarily bad. ^-^;;

By the way, Alter Ego, awhile ago you mentioned a "little surprise" some time this round; so I was not sure how far my post should carry Roz. Should I leave her at the edge of town, drop her off at the Pokemon Center, or . . . ?

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • It's pretty much the same as I said way back when I announced my temporary leave of absence; you can have her arrive in front of the pokémon center or just entering it, but nothing beyond that please.

That's when the little concluding event for this round will commence. >D

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
  • For a split second, I felt something sinister emate from my computer screen xD

It's been eating me since I last posted, Basil's climb seemed quite farfetch'd >< But apparently Sandslash can't learn Pin Missle (according to Bulbapedia), which seems quite weird looking at all the quills they have o.o I had originally intended for the quills to be used as steps wedged into the boulder so it would seem easier(and logical) to climb, but.. *shrugs* Blame it on Sandslash's inability to learn a move that seems logical that it should know xD

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Alter Ego said:
    It's pretty much the same as I said way back when I announced my temporary leave of absence; you can have her arrive in front of the pokémon center or just entering it, but nothing beyond that please.

That's when the little concluding event for this round will commence. >D

Ah, right. ::missed that while rereading the thread:: Thank you.

It's been eating me since I last posted, Basil's climb seemed quite farfetch'd >< But apparently Sandslash can't learn Pin Missle (according to Bulbapedia), which seems quite weird looking at all the quills they have o.o I had originally intended for the quills to be used as steps wedged into the boulder so it would seem easier(and logical) to climb, but.. *shrugs* Blame it on Sandslash's inability to learn a move that seems logical that it should know xD

Seemed fine to me. In some ways, I think using his claws made a bit more sense. But that might just be my impression of Pin Missile. ^-^;;

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Yeah, wasn't sure how to describe the place so I just stuck with the basic design of the pokemon center, "P" sign and all. I was thinking wooden framing considering the location (because I like those kind of lodges and snow was on my mind with being so high up xP) but in the pokemon world, anything impossibly sustainable is possible. /arch geek

Kinda sad that we've lost a few people though. :|

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back