• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Infernal Red / Natural Green

How many Gyms should the first demo go up to?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 21.1%

Votes: 4 21.1%

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
There's a lot of news, so I'll break it down into sections.

In the past week, Pokémon Infernal Red has received a talented composer who is working on making Black/White style remixes of FireRed/LeafGreen music. Nanashima has done an outstanding job at creating music that will be featured in the game.

Check out their channel here! (And be sure to subscribe. Seriously, their work is amazing!): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRzon8s6K-dR7fH_MrKkYcA

Secondly, the name has been decided for Infernal Red's sister game. As with all main Pokémon games in the series, there are two versions. So, Infernal Red's companion game will be known as Pokémon Natural Green. Though Natural Green won't be avaliable as a demo this month, it will be avaliable to play in the future, with different Pokémon to capture (and possibly cross-game features).

Thirdly, all-new Mega Evolutions will be obtainable in Pokémon IR and NG. I won't be dropping any hints as to what they are, but I can say that you may discover one during the demo...

Finally, IR and NG now have support banners. You can use these on Pokécommunity and other forums to show your support for the game. Check them out and support the game!

And that's about it. I hope everyone's as excited for the demo's release as I am, and I'm sure everyone's ready to return to the place where it all began!

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
The Infernal Red demo is nearing public release, so here are some numbers related to the demo.

- 60 Pokémon obtainable during the demo (this number excludes the starters you don't choose, and evolutions you can't get during the demo)

- 4-5+ hours worth of gameplay

- 3 Gym Leaders to battle with 3 Gym Badges to collect

- 5 in-game trades

- 11 explorable routes

- 5 towns/cities

- 2 brand new characters

- 1 brand new evil team

If you guys are curious about other numbers or anything else, leave a comment and I'll try my best to answer your questions. Looking forward to seeing you all at the demo's release.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
I thought, you said "Coming this September", well Septemper is over soon...

I think I'll enjoy this game :)

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
After doing some final touch-ups and tests with the demo, I can safely say that it will be released later today or tomorrow.

In the meantime, Infernal Red's composer - Nanashima - has some demo gameplay you can watch prior to the demo's release: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb2Sg_wnJms

You can probably tell that the font in the gameplay doesn't look right, so when the demo is released I can't stress enough how you need to install the fonts BEFORE playing the game. I'll give instructions on how to do this when the demo is released.

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
The time has finally come! Pokémon Infernal Red Demo 1.0.0 is here now!

DOWNLOAD THE DEMO HERE!
http://gamejolt.com/games/pokemon-infernal-red/81423

Remember to download this demo's Mystery Gift. Those who have played Pokémon Colosseum will be familiar with it.

Here are instructions for downloading the Mystery Gift:

1. After saving the game, close the game and re-open it
2. Select "Mystery Gift" in the menu
3. Select "Receive Gift"
4. When asked to check for new gifts, select "Yes"
5. When asked to use a password, select "No"

I can't stress enough how you should install the game's fonts.

Here are instructions for installing the fonts:

1. Open the "Fonts" folder in the demo's folder
2. Copy all the fonts
3. Open "Fonts" in the Control Panel
4. Paste the fonts into the Control Panel's Fonts

The demo has been tested several times, so there shouldn't be any major bugs. However, I probably missed small bugs. If you happen to find any, please let me know.

Important Notes about the demo:

- You can only play as a male character. This is because I currently don't have all the neccessary female player sprites. If you try to select female as a gender, you will become male regardless

- The rival's name can be 0 letters. I haven't found a way to fix this yet, but it doesn't break the game. If you really want a rival without a name, go ahead.

- The demo doesn't have a cut-off point, meaning that after doing everything in the demo, you can still continue to train, find shinies or find bugs. However, Route 11 is blocked by a sleeping Snorlax, and Route 9 is blocked off by two Team Rocket Grunts.

- The bicycle music is god-awful. I got a FRLG MIDI last minute and slapped some soundfonts on. It's terrible, and if you mute it you'll save yourself from bleeding ears

Have fun!

Last edited:

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
Most of the music from Pokémon Infernal Red has now been uploaded to YouTube and arranged in a convinient playlist. Took me a while to upload, but here it is for you to listen at your own leisure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ausRgvP73as&list=PLpVVALjIm8CzwHsMYH_pR2JV2eHOZ6SWL

A huge thanks to Nanashima, who made every piece of music in this OST. Remember to check out their channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/nanashimagalaxy

I also uploaded the OST to Infernal Red's GameJolt page, so you can check it out there as well.

For those wondering why the GameJolt page's title has been changed to "Pokémon Infernal Red / Pokémon Natural Green", Natural Green is Infernal Red's sister game that will be released alongside Infernal Red once the game is finished. Of course, that will be in the far future, but it'll be there for those who want to play it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 7, 2015
How do I cancel evolutions? as soon as I entered viridian my brand new eevee leveled up to lv 8 and evolved into leafeon... I couldnt stop it?

Also, I can't buy antidotes in Viridian... but the girl in the mart says they do business in antidotes... wtf. The poison from weedle is a killer

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
How do I cancel evolutions? as soon as I entered viridian my brand new eevee leveled up to lv 8 and evolved into leafeon... I couldnt stop it?

Also, I can't buy antidotes in Viridian... but the girl in the mart says they do business in antidotes... wtf. The poison from weedle is a killer

Cancelling evolution isn't yet implemented, because I'm using BW Essentials v3.1.1, which doesn't have the option to cancel evolutions. I've asked if the problem can be fixed, so it should be fixed in the next version. If you want a new Eevee you could always try breeding one on Route 5 (depending on the Eevee's gender) or wait until a future demo where you receive a free Eevee in Celadon City.

As for the antidotes in the mart, I've fixed that now. It'll be included in the patch for the demo. Thanks for spotting that problem.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 7, 2015
I saved right before it happened so I just reset. But yeah for anyone else, eevee auto evolves in viridian forest. and I think it stops listening to you at lv 11 if you don't have the first badge yet.

Another issue I just spotted. Seismic toss doesn't do super effective damage against normal types or less damage against flying or poison types, and whatever else it should be weak to, so I'm guessing that's wrong. It is a fighting type move.

Helix guy suprised me. pretty funny. I just finished nugget bridge.

Are Nidoran able to be caught in the route that leads to the pokemon league? I got a mankey. and are pikachu in the forest?

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
Another issue I just spotted. Seismic toss doesn't do super effective damage against normal types or less damage against flying or poison types, and whatever else it should be weak to, so I'm guessing that's wrong. It is a fighting type move.

Seismic Toss is a Fighting-type move. However, it always does fixed damage, so it never displays as super effective. This is the same in other Pokémon games so it's not an issue.

Are Nidoran able to be caught in the route that leads to the pokemon league? I got a mankey. and are pikachu in the forest?

You can find both genders of Nidoran on Route 3, or you can trade a Nidoran♂ for a Nidoran♀ on Route 5. The route that leads to the Pokémon League hasn't been implemented yet, but you cannot find Nidoran there.

Glad to see you're enjoying the demo though. If you find any other issues, be sure to tell me. ;)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Uhh idk if this possible but..
can you create an option to 're-arrange' the DS style dual screen from vertically to horizontally?

Also, having an ev/iv screen (or checker) would be nice c:

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
Over the past week I've been fixing minor bugs and making small additions to the demo, some suggested in the comments, and some by myself. So, here is version 1.0.1 of the Pokémon Infernal Red Demo.

I've also added a "No Audio" version of the download for those who listen to other music while playing the game, or think that the music is causing a problem on their hardware.

Included in the download folder are the patch notes for version 1.0.1, but for the sake of ease you can view them below:

Pokémon Infernal Red Version 1.0.1 Patch Notes
Spoiler:

Also, I don't mind if anyone wants to "Let's Play" the demo, so feel free to make videos on the demo if you want to.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
I am liking this game so far it is good and also the trophy system is great too, I need sound files for the game where can I get it?

Back