• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Portable RM2k/3 Portable Player

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2010
    Me again. I'm brainstorming ideas about a portable player for RM2K games because I can't afford a laptop. I'll list possible specs:

ARM9 processor
    384MB RAM
    64MB ROM
    USB Out port
    D-Pad
    - and + Buttons (- Button: Start menu key, + Button: Action key)
    5" TFT LCD
    Fold out "arms"(D-Pad, -/+ Buttons
    Standard Headphone Jack
    RPG Maker 2003 Platinum(Hopefully new RPG Maker with multiplayer capabilites.)
    Pokemon Dessert(as soon as its done.)
    Dual Stereo speakers(one on each arm)
    Wi-Fi For multiplayer

The total Project will cost around $600 for Prototype parts(US dollars)
    If it does succeed, it will probably cost $200, and will only be available to people here at PokeCommunity(again,US dollars)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2014
    um I bet your new at rm2k/3 aren't you, well if enterbrain catches you selling that they will probly sew you, its illegal.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • First of all, I have no idea how you'll do this.

Second of all, Wi-Fi for multiplayer? RM2K doesn't have multiplayer.

Third of all, RPG Maker 2003 platinum? I've never heard of that

Fourth of all, Pok?mon Dessert? I've never heard of that project. Especially since "dessert" is something you eat, typically sweets/icecream/cake after traditionally the last meal of the day.

If you could pull this off though, a portable rm2k3 handheald, that would be cool. But Mena's probably right if you actually end up creating it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2010
    1) Hack RPG Maker 2003 to have Multiplayer.

2) I know tons of things on electronics.

Transistors, Capacitors, you name it.

Also, i will not be on tomorrow.

Another thing, I am Curently Making Pokemon Desert.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2014
    Chimecho said:
    Simple. Get a liscence from Enterbrain and give them 65% of the profits.
    Its probly not as easy as it seems, I bet you Enterbrain get billions of e-mails about this, I bet you if you e-mail them they will never answer back.

1) Hack RPG Maker 2003 to have Multiplayer.

They will definatly won't e-mail you back.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • It seems pointless to be honest. By the time you finish making it RMXP and RM3D will probably be out. I wouldn't pay $200 for it when I could buy a PSP or DS and play professional games and only selling it on PC isn't going to give you much profit. If you do have all of these skills to do this you should put them to more use, like that guy that made a handheld Psone from existing Playstations.

Back