• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
  • True that. I'm just not used to his style of fighting I suppose. I like to play with quicker characters like Little Mac or Sheik from Melee. I feel like I have a lot more control over the character that way.
    I actually tried making a bulky version of Ganon, but apparently if you make him any slower he's impossible to use, lol! He's like at the perfect speed at default.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I often find myself a fan of slower but sturdier characters in games like this. It's odd, because in most games I value maneuverability and speed over strength. I still enjoy faster characters like ZSS and Greninja, though.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    People who're really good with Ganondorf can actually maneuver him really well, it's like his slow speed hardly matters (or I just suck)....and it's scary when you fight those people.

Like this guy that beat Master Core on 9.0 with Ganondorf and didn't take any damage at all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUaWCiEGpxM

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    IDK, sometimes I think the same thing, that I should use my shield more. I find that when I get rather aggressive with the CPU that it tends to punish that by shielding+following up with a grab or a quick attack.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • You know, lags could be either your best friend or your worst enemy. One time during a 1-on-1 match at For Glory, the lag caused every movement and attack I made to be delayed by 1 second, and it costed me the whole match against my opponent, who didn't seem to be suffering the same issue. It happened again during a 4-player FFA on For Glory, though I didn't end up in last place this time.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I like Dr Wily's level too, but I hate having the Yellow Devil interfere in matches.

Also, in future releases, I would like to see more Sonic zones represented. And characters, lol. Maybe if Sonic Boom does well. But particularly, Chemical Plant Zone would be awesome. The spinning floor tiles would make it really interesting to fight in. Other possible locations and characters I want from Sonic series:

-Knuckles: The obvious choice if they add more Sonic characters. He's already a fighter!
    -Espio: While a less important character, having another ninja in Smash would be cool, especially since he has very different abilities from other game ninjas.
    -Rouge: Need a female character, and Rouge would be much more viable in Smash than Amy, since we already have a character that can pull a hammer from nowhere.
    -Carnival Night Zone: There's so much to this level they can use, including popping balloons and rebounding pillar things that I don't know how to describe.
    -City Escape: This is one of the best levels of the 3D sonic universe, and being able to use the G.U.N. Truck as a hazard would make things really intense. Or better yet, it can be fighting ON the truck through the city!

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I like Dr Wily's level too, but I hate having the Yellow Devil interfere in matches.

Also, in future releases, I would like to see more Sonic zones represented. And characters, lol. Maybe if Sonic Boom does well. But particularly, Chemical Plant Zone would be awesome. The spinning floor tiles would make it really interesting to fight in. Other possible locations and characters I want from Sonic series:

-Knuckles: The obvious choice if they add more Sonic characters. He's already a fighter!
    -Espio: While a less important character, having another ninja in Smash would be cool, especially since he has very different abilities from other game ninjas.
    -Rouge: Need a female character, and Rouge would be much more viable in Smash than Amy, since we already have a character that can pull a hammer from nowhere.

How many times do I have to tell everyone about this: They can only be one character per third-party company, so no Knuckles, no Proto Man, and no Ms. Pac-Man. It's been widely accepted by analytical Smash speculators across the community. It also keeps third-parties at a limit, so Smash Bros. doesn't lose its purpose as a Nintendo All-Star fighter.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • How many times do I have to tell everyone about this: They can only be one character per third-party company, so no Knuckles, no Proto Man, and no Ms. Pac-Man. It's been widely accepted by analytical Smash speculators across the community. It also keeps third-parties at a limit, so Smash Bros. doesn't lose its purpose as a Nintendo All-Star fighter.
    So I'm not allowed to have a wish list now? You don't have to step on my hopes and dreams, I was just talking about cool stuff I would like. And just because there's been a pattern in the past doesn't mean they can't break it. Sonic is almost exclusively a Nintendo console game now, and if they keep things up the franchise might be awesome again. I don't see any reason why they couldn't add one more character from it.

I understand the logic, but you don't have to be a jerk about it. I was only talking "What-if".

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • So I'm not allowed to have a wish list now? You don't have to step on my hopes and dreams, I was just talking about cool stuff I would like. And just because there's been a pattern in the past doesn't mean they can't break it. Sonic is almost exclusively a Nintendo console game now, and if they keep things up the franchise might be awesome again. I don't see any reason why they couldn't add one more character from it.

I understand the logic, but you don't have to be a jerk about it. I was only talking "What-if".

I take wish lists very seriously, to which I see them as what people actually desire while unaware of the rules that were placed by the actual developers themselves. It's important to keep prediction lists as realistic as possible, or else we would've seen more obnoxious requests for Goku and Shrek, who are in the same ranks as secondary Sonic/Mega Man/Pac-Man reps.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Guys my Ping is 12ms, my Download Speed is 14.39 Mbps, and my Upload Speed is 12.98 Mbps. So does my internet connection suck or do my opponents's connection just suck? I've been getting horrible input lag and just horrible lag in general for most of my matches. I just don't get it. x.x
    I really hope it doesn't interfere with the tournament tomorrow.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I don't think two third party characters from a few series in a 40+ character roster would harm SSB's role as a Nintendo game, and it's not as if rules for new characters can't be changed over time. Especially if Nintendo gains the rights for more exclusive Sonic games close to the next Smash game, it'd help to promote those.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Can we get goku guys

also, step it up senpai

iw3uax.png

My smash connection is meta knight brawl tier <3

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I take wish lists very seriously, to which I see them as what people actually desire while unaware of the rules that were placed by the actual developers themselves. It's important to keep prediction lists as realistic as possible, or else we would've seen more obnoxious requests for Goku and Shrek, who are in the same ranks as secondary Sonic/Mega Man/Pac-Man reps.
    As the limits for the game get bigger in the future, and they will, there's no reason they couldn't eventually open up third parties to a second character. My main point was to explain what would be interesting in Smash, rather than making any real predictions. They were what I would personally enjoy. I would fight for the Chemical Plant Zone though, haha! Would be much more fun than Green Hill Zone.

Goku and Shrek? They aren't even video game characters, they just happen to be in video games, lol!
    I wrote this reply earlier, and then my internet was dumb. So I'm posting it now. Anyway, long story short, I understand your logic but I also have a logic that involves things naturally changing over time. I wasn't just making wild speculation.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • On a serious note if any characters were to be incorporated into this smash or future smash games, I'd like to see something Metroid other than Samus. I DON'T MEAN RIDLEY. I just mean, maybe something Chozo, because right now we have Samus, and Samus without her powersuit. Very different styles, yeh, but the same character.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • On a serious note if any characters were to be incorporated into this smash or future smash games, I'd like to see something Metroid other than Samus. I DON'T MEAN RIDLEY. I just mean, maybe something Chozo, because right now we have Samus, and Samus without her powersuit. Very different styles, yeh, but the same character.
    But Ridley too, though. We need more major bad guy characters, and Ridley could be really good.

Back