• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Kyurem's hero?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • So Reshiram and Zekrom each chose a hero in Black and White. Let's assume that maybe Kyurem was allowed to chose a hero whose goal would be to unite the other two (or another goal if you have that in mind). Which character do you think would be Kyurem's chosen? Exclusing N and the protagonist, which were chosen by the other two.

Last edited:

Keira

Gayer than you'll ever be
    Years
  • I can't really think of a character for Kyurem to choose as a hero, but I can see it actually choosing Colress to side with. The development of Colress' character isn't really explored enough in my opinion, but after his defeat he does assist you (albeit in a minor way) to get to Ghetsis. WIth Kyurem's multiple formes, I can see it being quite interested in a scientist-like trainer who's interested in harvesting it's potential.

That would make quite a good redemption ark for Colress in a post-game plot too, rather than his sitting on a boat.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Kyurem has been conveyed as evil in every single Unova related instance. Even before Ghetsis, Kyurem terrorized the people of Lacunosa. He forced them to stay inside. Compared to Reshiram and Zekrom, that lived their lives on their own, not doing anything to harm anyone. I'm sorry but it's going to have to be Ghetsis. Kyurem was made for Ghetsis - it was the evil version of the trio, and the evil version of your trio (N, protagonist and Ghetsis).

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Kyurem not having a "chosen hero" aligns with the idea of the B2W2 protagonist being dragged into a plot that they didn't need to get involved with, so I could never really choose anyone to fill the role as "Kyurem's hero" even in the hypothetical sense.

Because it exists as a hollow shell, you could maybe interpret Reshiram and Zekrom as Kyurem's "heroes," and it picks one depending on if you're playing B2 or W2.

But I do like Keira and Forever's ideas about the connections you can draw between Kyurem and Colress/Ghetsis.

PercyX

The darkness has just begin...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2021
    I agree with forever completely ,
    Kyurem has been conveyed as evil in every single Unova related instance. Even before Ghetsis, Kyurem terrorized the people of Lacunosa. He forced them to stay inside. Compared to Reshiram and Zekrom, that lived their lives on their own, not doing anything to harm anyone. I'm sorry but it's going to have to be Ghetsis. Kyurem was made for Ghetsis - it was the evil version of the trio, and the evil version of your trio (N, protagonist and Ghetsis).
    Even in the movie (the Sword of Justice) , Kyurem was shown so enraged and ready-to-kill while in the game , there was mention from Cynthia's grandmother (B2W2) about the whole Kyurem story which too, depicted Kyurem as evil so thereby evil for evil .
    Ghetsis you deserved him :p

Back