• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[SE]An introduction to Shadow Era

ahmet476

standing around
Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Hello fellow forumites. People keep telling me they never even heard of Shadow Era before, so I took some permissions to make an introduction for you here.

What is Shadow Era?

from official website said:
    Shadow Era is a free to play, online collectible trading card game. It features deep strategy, easy gameplay, and gorgeous card art.

Shadow Era is a freemium card game. I'll get back to that freemium later. It is a CCG (Collectible Card Game, for people unaware of this term). There are plans to make it a TCG by bringing an auction house in the future. It is available on PC and mobile (android, iOS) platforms. On PC you can play it on a browser or install the standalone client and play there. The game also has a physical version. If you have friends who enjoys tabletop/card games you can get some real cards too.

What is freemium?

Well, when you create your account on official website, you are to choose a hero and afterwards you are given a starter deck (30 cards) for free which you can play against AI to learn the ropes. There is a tutorial in the game but even if you haven't played a card game before, you won't find it hard.

To get more cards you can either get gold by playing against AI or real players online or you could always buy Shadow Crystals to make the process faster. Currently, there are 200 cards total in the game. An expansion of 150 new cards is planned for early 2013 if I recall correctly.

The win condition and some basics

The aim is bring the opponent hero's health to "0". When either player's hero is killed you win. Against AI you'll get some amount of gold and experience each time you win. Against real players the reward will be bigger in amount; however, to play against real players you need a deck of 40 cards total including hero. You can put 4 of the same card in your deck at most.

Other than heroes (one per deck) you get allies, abilities, artifacts, weapons and armor that you can use in your decks.

I've been a Shadow Era player for a year now. I wrote this from my memory. There is an FAQ on the official website, it probably is more detailed if you want to have a look at the game.

My impressions of the game

I liked the game because of its card art, soundtrack and the aspect of strategy in it. It also has a lore behind it. You can see samples of card art in my signature. If you want to see more, head on to the official website. You can use my referral in my signature. It also has a competitive scene and guilds. The official forum is very friendly against new players and there are even amazing guides for them. I'm part of a guild called ETC there, also one of the leaders of ASF which is the sister guild of ETC. ASF is targeted for newer and more casual players usually. You can see a gameplay video if you visit my profile. Also more, if you visit my youtube channel which has the same name as my forum nick here.

If you watch TotalBiscuit on youtube, he made a WTF is of SE too although that is an outdated version of the game now.

If you have questions regarding the game, I'll try to answer them as best as I can on this thread.

Good luck & have fun! :)

Last edited:
    Back