• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Mega Evolution Challenge

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    The Mega Evolution Challenge

The Challenge:
    The Mega Evolution Challenge is a challenge where you use Pokemon that are capable of Mega Evolution.

Rules:
    1. Hacking and Trading is forbidden, except for:
    1a. If you are using a Pokemon that is in the regional dex, but not available before completion or not at all. Eg. Pinsir in FR, Tyranitar in BW2, Kanto Starters in GSC.
    1b. If none of your Pokemon are available before your first badge. This will not apply if you trade in a Pokemon from the above exception. *If this applies, you may hack/trade "ONE" Pokemon at the beginning at level 5 or lower, or as an egg. (No specially bred IVs, HAs and Egg Moves are allowed)
    1c. Evolving a Pokemon that requires trade, if this trade involves an item, you must wait to get the item in the challenge game. If you use a hack or a tool to change trade evolution to level up, you do not need the items.
    2. The game you are playing doesn't need to have Mega Evolution, but if it does, you must use them. You may "NOT" use ORAS Mega Pokemon in XY.
    3. HM Slaves are allowed, but not to be used in battle. You are allowed to use them to revive if "ALL" of your challenge Pokemon are fainted.
    4. To complete each game, you must:
    RBGYFRLG - Defeat your Rival as Champion
    GSCHGSS - Defeat Red
    RSEORAS - Defeat Steven(RSORAS)/Wallace(E)
    DPPt - Defeat Cynthia
    BWB2W2 - Defeat Ghetsis(BW)/Iris(B2W2)
    XY - Defeat Diantha
    5. Mewtwo/Diance are not allowed. Latios and Latias are allowed, but only one of them.
    6. Pokemon-Amie is banned. You may also trade in any Mega stones you will be using if they are not available before completion of the game.
    7. Hacks are allowed, but full hacks are not allowed in Ultimates. Enhanced Hacks (eg. Blaze Black, Sacred Gold) however, are allowed in Ultimates.
    8. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sign-Up
    Username:
    Version: *If this is a hack, please say both the hack name and the base game.
    Single/Ultimate?: *Single is one game, Ultimate is going through all six regions.
    Pokemon: 3-6 Pokemon *If Playing an Ultimate, put your teams in a spoiler.

My Sign-Up
    Username: Volga
    Version: LeafGreen, Crystal, Omega Ruby, Platinum, White 2, X
    Single/Ultimate?: Ultimate
    Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Single Challengers:
    Spoiler:

Single Champions:
    Spoiler:

Ultimate Challengers:
    Spoiler:

Ultimate Champions:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Gonna restart this.. Will try it on FireRed Omega

Username: AoTora
    Version: Fire Red Omega [FireRed]
    Single/Ultimate?: Single
    Pokemon: Blastoise, Houndoom, Sceptile, Salamence, Ampharos and Tyranitar.

Dusclops101

That guy who posts things...
    Years
  • This challenge seems very interesting and I will gladly accept it. So here I go:

Username: Dusclops101
    Version: Y
    Single/Ultimate?: Single, for now...
    Pokemon: Garchomp, Mawile, Ampharos, Pinsir.

I hope to come back and do the Ultimate Challenge, but for now, one game is enough.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Username: DyingWillFlareon
    Version: Silver
    Challenge: Single
    Pokemon: Amphoros, Pidgeot, Houndoom, Gyarados, Beedrill, Slowbro

Question: Can I use a cheat to change the starter? I'm not sure where to catch Houndour in game and if possible I could cheat it in instead of Cyndaquil, but I'm fairly certaint hat the rest can be found in game.(except maybe weedle I recentally played Crystal so I have no idea where weedle is in silver)

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    @Dusclops101, since none of your Pokemon are available before the first gym, you can trade one in at level 5 or as an egg. Have Fun!

Question: Can I use a cheat to change the starter? I'm not sure where to catch Houndour in game and if possible I could cheat it in instead of Cyndaquil, but I'm fairly certaint hat the rest can be found in game.(except maybe weedle I recentally played Crystal so I have no idea where weedle is in silver)

You can get Houndour in-game, and although it's not until Kanto (Route 7), you have to wait.
    If none of your Pokemon were available before the first gym, then I would allow it, but since Pidgeot and Beedrill are available early enough, you have to wait.
    BTW, Weedle is on Route 30, so right at the beginning of the game.

Have fun!

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • You can get Houndour in-game, and although it's not until Kanto (Route 7), you have to wait.
    If none of your Pokemon were available before the first gym, then I would allow it, but since Pidgeot and Beedrill are available early enough, you have to wait.
    BTW, Weedle is on Route 30, so right at the beginning of the game.

Have fun!

Thank you. ^.^

First Gym Update:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Libra
    Pidgey Male Lvl 15
    Quick Attack
    Sand Attack
    Gust
    Mud-Slap

Aquila
    Beedrill Female Lvl 15
    Poison Sting
    Focus Energy
    Harden
    Fury Attack

Aries
    Flaaffy Male Lvl 15
    Tackle
    Growl
    Thundershock
    ---

Capricorn/Capricornis
    Slowpoke Female Lvl 8
    Curse
    Tackle
    Growl
    ---

EGG
    It's making sounds inside. It's going to hatch soon!

Totodile Male Lvl 9
    Scratch
    Leer
    Rage
    (Soon to be Cut)---

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Should we keep you updated on our progress? Or is @DyingWillFlareon just doing it cause he can?

You can wait until you complete it, I just want at least one update of the end so I know that you completed it.

Dusclops101

That guy who posts things...
    Years
  • Oh ok. I was just wondering. I'd like to switch from Y to X if that's possible. It's because X is the one I have with me ATM and I can't wait to get started. May I switch?

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Oh ok. I was just wondering. I'd like to switch from Y to X if that's possible. It's because X is the one I have with me ATM and I can't wait to get started. May I switch?

Yeah, go ahead. Have Fun :)

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Meh I just like updating because it feels good to keep it organized. Plus it lets the challenge creator know you're still playing it. 'w'

Random Update:

We have not had a single blackout/whiteout. My team has carried me far.
    Slowpoke swept Bugsy, and Whitney with Cursex6 + Swift(gotten from that TM inside Union Cave). Pidgeotto and Slowpoke killed Morty's 'poison types'(I had nothing for Ghost and they were all Gastly line so....) Then we trained up and stomped out Chuck. It took a minute to beat Jasmine with that Steelix since the only super effective move was Pidgeotto's Mud Slap. Then we murdered Pryce. We also drove Team Rocket out of Mahogany and Goldenrod. Just arrived in Blackthorne.

Team:
    Libra the Pidgeot
    Male Lvl 37

Aquila the Beedrill
    Female Lvl 37

Aries the Ampharos
    Male Lvl 37

Capricorns/Capricornis/Capri the Slowbrosis.
    Female Lvl 37

Taurus the Shiny Gyarados(Taurus fit better than Pisces I think)
    Male Lvl 37

EDIT: We beat the League. The first time through I realized I bought no Hyper Potions so I let them faint at Karen's Houndoom. The second time through with Hyper Potions, Lance haxxed his Dragonite and we lost. Third time I spammed Curse at Lance with Capri because I was done. Currently waiting on Route 7 of Kanto with Lt. Surge, Sabrina, and Erika's badges.

MORE RECENT EDIT: Friday: I shall wait until nighttime to catch Houndour. Saturday Morning: Time to catch- AUUUGH.
    I had to wait until tonight to catch one, and even then it was near impossible to find. Two that I DID find used Roar, the third one I caught, and named Leo(I suppose the constellation may be Leon, in which case I messed up). After some grinding he joined the ranks of the team.
    We then got the rest of the Kanto badges and met ByeBye A GoGo Rocket, beat the trainer challenge by Bill's Cottage, kicked various trainers around the Region, and finally was awarded a trip to Mt. Silver. To test our strength I first went to the Pokemon League again, a habit in Johto anyways. We lost because I didn't think to Revive anyone during the Champion battle but the second time worked. So now we're grinding in Mt. Silver.

Pre-Red Training Team:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back