• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This is Artificial Intelligence? Please...

TY

The AI in video games can sometimes be... far from intelligent. Sometimes a boss just stops doing what it does and stays frozen. Sometimes they decide to do a little dance while you shoot it. Have you ever had a moment where the AI just screws up and goes to do the weirdest things?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Not that I can think of. Most of the time the AI is pretty good at screwing me over more than screwing itself. Wait wait, I remember way way back when I was playing Smack Down Just Bring It and the AI just kept running into the ref. The ref got in the way and the AI kept trying to bounce off the ropes and instead kept running into the ref for about 10 or 15 seconds. Nothing too exciting, but it happened :T

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years
  • Speaking of Touhou, don't even get me started on Ice Sign "Icicle Fall" - Easy...

Aside from that, in Clash of Clans, as a Town Hall 10 player, in clan wars, I occasionally run into moments where half of my GoWiPe army and my archer queen confront the opponent's barbarian king/archer queen...thus diverting their attention away from the enemy town hall and went full retard......and most of them die to max level x-bows and/or max level inferno towers. As a result, I did not earn a single star. Seriously now......

Yukari

I've seen this kinda stupid shit happen in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D a lot. Most of the time I really don't have an issue with the A.I. in video games but they really fucked it up in this one. There have seriously been times where the AI was just shooting at walls or or doing nothing. They're very common.

That's the first game that comes to mind when someone mentions bad A.I.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    I remember a Legend of zelda skyward sword boss getting stuck and spinning around in circles. That was funny. Until it got itself un-stuck (is that a word?) and killed me.
    I can't for the life of me remember the name of the enemy though...

Back