• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quotes

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
  • "There's only one kind of folks; folks." - Jem Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

I always use this quote to remind me that there's no difference in how people should be treated.

Also:
    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff! It also boils an egg at 30 paces, whether you want it to or not. I learnt the hard way to stay away from chicken farms..." - The Doctor

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • "Learn to endure! Endurance will always help you!" Trapinch, Mystery Dungeon Blue/Red

"I wish I'd learn to draw a little better! What exertion and determination it takes to do it well...It is really just a question of carrying on doggedly, with continuous-and if possible-pitiless self-criticism."-M. C. Esher

"Unexpected money is a delight. The same sum is a bitterness when you expected more." -Mark Twain

"You can put a tuxedo on a goat, but it's still a goat." Two and a Half Men, doctor

"Ya gotta figure boinking Evelyn is like riding a bike over train tracks. You'll get where you're going, but you'll feel every bump." Berta, Two and a Half Men

xDD And that quote in my signature.

Okay, I'll stop now. :cer_tongue:

ReddishDegree

Yes, I'm Insane.
    Years
  • "Say your pwayers, wabbit!"
    - Elmer Fudd
    "Beep!, Beep!"
    - Road Runner
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an Earth-shattering kaboom!"
    - Marvin the Martian

Last edited:

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Winston Churchill was told that he was drunk and what's more, he was disgustingly drunk. His response?

"Bessie, my dear, you are ugly, and what's more, you are disgustingly ugly. But tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be disgustingly ugly."

Years
  • The one in my signature plus:

"Insanity is relative. It depends on who has who locked in what cage." ~ Ray Bradbury

"If Pacman had affected us as kids we'd be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music." ~ Marcus Brigstocke

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." ~ V

"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated" ~ Mark Twain

I could post loads but I don't have access to my QI book right now...

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I had to google who said some of these.. -fails at remembering names-

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

"The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up." - Paul Valery

"Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash." - George S. Patton

( Also, I feel the need to throw a quote from Gurren Lagann in here, because I love it. xD )

"Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." - Kamina

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • Well this first one isn't a real life quote, just in a video game (Kingdom Hearts)

"One who knows nothing can understand nothing." -Ansem

This is my favorite real life quote:

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss

Simmons_2.0

-_- STOP STARING!!
    Years
  • My personal Favorites

"You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you."
    - Leon Trotsky (1879-1940)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them."
    - Ronald Reagan

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2011
    "The highest type of ruler is one of whose existence his people are barely aware." - Lao Tzu

"They speak English in What?" - Samuel L. Jackson

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I love this quote from South Park:

(one of the characters asks Chef why God would allow their friend to die)

Chef: "Stan, sometimes God takes those closest to us, because it makes him feel better about himself. He is a very vengeful God, Stan. He's all ****ed off about something we did thousands of years ago. He just can't get over it, so he doesn't care who he takes. Children, puppies, it don't matter to him, so long as it makes us sad. Do you understand?

Look at it this way: if you want to make a baby cry, first you give it a lollipop. Then you take it away. If you never give it a lollipop to begin with, then you would have nothin' to cry about. That's like God, who gives us life and love and happiness just so that he can tear it all away and make us cry, so he can drink the sweet milk of our tears. You see, it's our tears, Stan, that give God his great power."

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Ugh, South Park. I prefer unscripted stupidity. Infinitely funnier.

"The purpose of war is not to die for your country. The purpose of war is to ensure that the other guy dies for his country." -George Patton (note, that's putting the quote kindly.)

"Ah, these diplomats! What chatterboxes! There's only one way to shut them up- cut them down with machine guns. Bulganin, go and get me one!" -Joseph Stalin

"Any ship can be a minesweeper once." -Admiral Hornblower

hi fi wi fi

Retired Poke master
    Years
  • " some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world, but the US Marines don't have that problem "

" Even the little things count, if you can't feed a 100 people feed 1.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • "Don't hit kids. No seriously, they have guns now."

"I don't think my daughter should take a foriegn language to graduate. This is fricken America we speak fricken English!" -My dad

Back