• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank and Transfer.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • when can will be able to deposit and withdraw pokemon? right after we get our pokedex?
    Starting in late December. Thus far we know it'll be the 25th for Japan, and the 27th Europe. We still don't know when it'll come out in the U.S. or Australia...nor do we know if it'll be available in other parts of the world actually...I imagine it will be though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Not everyone can even afford that

Dollar stores around here even carry them for a buck or two depending on the size. The one here has some 256MB and 512MB cards. Not very large, I agree, but it's something. Also, people sometimes sell them at garage sales for pennies (or nickles and dimes).

Years
  • Just to check as I haven't read through all the other pages so sorry if this has already been asked but can you transfer from black/white/b2/w2 to x/y on just one 3ds using pokemon bank?
    And similarly x to y or vice virsa

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    PokeTranport and PokeGTS problem for black 2 and white 2 Problem

PokeTranport and PokeGTS problem for black 2 and white 2 Problem

they might be problem when this come out people use The PokeGTS customize DNS hack will be able bring there hack pokemon to pokemon X and Y lol

pokeGTS DNS hack let you put ability on pokemon and skill set that would normal not be on the pokemon

pedrito3_poke

Banana
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    I mainly hate it because people like me can't pay for it.

Seriously? So you can afford the game and a Nintendo 3DS and you can't pay for the Pokémon Bank?
    I don't think you're aware of it, but the service will cost like 5$ a year, which is ridiculously cheap.
    We're lucky this isn't EA or some other company like that... in that case, 5$ a month would be pretty cheap, lol.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Seriously? So you can afford the game and a Nintendo 3DS and you can't pay for the Pokémon Bank?
    I don't think you're aware of it, but the service will cost like 5$ a year, which is ridiculously cheap.
    We're lucky this isn't EA or some other company like that... in that case, 5$ a month would be pretty cheap, lol.

Bravo bravo I couldn't of said it better

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
  • Items from X and Y will be able to be stored in PokeBank. HM moves might cause a restriction on transfer like it has in previous transfers. Items may just go back into the original game's bag like in the transfers to gen 5. And hacked Pokemon won't go through.

One thing I want to know is can I connect both X and Y to the same PokeBank.

pedrito3_poke

Banana
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    Yes its cheap, but ganging up on people that say they cannot pay for it is bullying.
    Oh, believe me when I say that I absolutely hate it when people do that (I've played many online video games, so you probably know what I'm talking about). I hate it when people are like "oh you can buy a great weapon for only 20$, so don't complain, because if you have computer and internet you can pay for it!" (bf heroes reference) but this is a different case. This is just a bargain. You want it, you have it.

But, as you've said, there might be other reasons, besides the actual amount of money, but then the op should have specified it. The op saying that she hates the pokémon bank because she can't pay for it, sounds like there's something wrong with the Pokémon Bank, it gives the idea that the op finds it overpriced, which clearly isn't true. Of course people (if not me, someone else probably) would reply thinking that she wasn't aware of the price or just needed to look at it from another perpective (hence why I mentioned EA).

So yeah, I never meant to offend anyone, but if I did it's the op's fault. Seriously, when you say that you can't pay for it, you can't expect people not to interpret it as you finding it too expensive or you not being aware of the price. If there's a reason besides that, then the op should quite obviously have mentioned it. I'm sorry, I'm not analysing a poem, I'm not supposed to try and look deep into what the poster might have meant. I'm just quickly browsing through a forum, looking at all the posts in a superficial way.

Now I would actually like to get a reply from the original poster to clarify things.

Last edited:

Shiarra

Ghost Of The Forest
    Years
  • For starters, please stop coming across so rudely, I'm not a child, i don't have a job, and i only get money when my family gives me some as a gift, so in other words, i cannot afford monthly things, also i'm female, that is specified in my posts with the gender icon and the word female next to it. I also don't own a 3DS, or the game, cause i cannot afford either, wish i could.

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Will it's not new to most people, here's more details on Pokemon Bank revealed on serebii.

It has been announced that the storage app, Pokémon Bank, is due for release in North America on December 27th. With it comes a 30 day free pass if you download and play the application before February 1st. From then on, if you wish to use the services, including Poke Transporter, you will need to pay a yearly fee of $4.99. It also confirms that you cannot have items on your Pokémon when you send it to Bank, with the items returning to your bag. It was previously announced that this facility would be available in Japan from December 25th for 500¥ a year and in Europe from December 27th for an unannounced fee.

5 dollars a year isn't much ( if you can spend $5 a day on a morning cup of coffee you can afford 5 a year for this) but I can understand people who can't afford this if they can't afford the game or a 3DS at the moment. I'm personally taking advantage of the free trail as much as I can though. I have no job myself so I get how they feel. I'm looking to get one though so I can do this. Still will be using the feature afterwords too.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • If theres a free 30 day trial. I would probably push everyone in ASAP and get them into my X game. I may pay for it tho depending on the competition things

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    No items in the bank, guess you must rely on trading instead if you want a new game by keeping your megastones. Don't think I will use the bank that much actually. And I will mostly only rely on GTS and trading. By the time it come out I would not like to reset my game.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • Since Items won't be allowed in the transfer system
    I hope they remembered to put certain hold items somewhere in X and Y.
    Such as the three Creation orbs. . . .

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    This point is interesting:

"Can I use Pokémon Bank as soon as it finishes downloading, or must I reach a certain point in my Pokémon X or Pokémon Y game first?
    If you download Pokémon Bank to your system in the Nintendo 3DS family, you will be able to use it at any point after obtaining your Pokédex in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. You cannot use it if you have Pokémon X or Pokémon Y but have not begun the game."

So I can start a game get the starter and pokedex, and put that pokemon in the pokebank. Then start a new game get a new starter and put that it the bank. Start another new game, get the last starter, get the other two out of the bank and have all three starters?

DamienHelvian

Years
  • This point is interesting:

"Can I use Pokémon Bank as soon as it finishes downloading, or must I reach a certain point in my Pokémon X or Pokémon Y game first?
    If you download Pokémon Bank to your system in the Nintendo 3DS family, you will be able to use it at any point after obtaining your Pokédex in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. You cannot use it if you have Pokémon X or Pokémon Y but have not begun the game."

So I can start a game get the starter and pokedex, and put that pokemon in the pokebank. Then start a new game get a new starter and put that it the bank. Start another new game, get the last starter, get the other two out of the bank and have all three starters?

I highly, highly doubt it. Since the X and Y pokemon will have the various Trainer ID numbers, and every new game you start will have a unique number, you most likely won't be able to withdraw pokemon that aren't yours. The only exception being, predecessor pokemon from Gen V. And I presume they've also altered the numbering system to make them unique to X and Y, so it'll be easier for the system to tell the difference, since, as we know, there will be some older gen pokemon in Kalos.

And that's just the normal banking system. I don't think the Transporter will work as such, since the Regional pokedex won't have ALL the pokemon in it, and thus, wouldn't be able to recognize any pokemon you try and transport. That part of it will be like the Transfer Center most likely, and unlock when you receive the National pokedex.
    Of course you'll still be able to store them. I'll only be using the transporter, as I don't actually see the point of the bank system
    Up until now, with how many PC boxes there are in game, you can have one of EVERY SINGLE POKEMON, and still have room. And twice now, I think, they've increased the number of Boxes, since the total number of pokemon exceeded the maximum space. With the new additions, they will be exceeding 720, and they'll have to update the number of Boxes, since there will be plenty of people who don't want to use the Bank. If they go up to just 30, that's 900 spots, more than enough as usual.

Edit: Something else I remembered. A more pertinent reason for why you cant do this
    The Bank and Transfer system isnt coming out til the 27th of December

Last edited:

DamienHelvian

Years
  • Gamefreak confirmed that you can deposite other ID'd Pokemon into your bank and withdraw them on any X and Y game. If you could not then we wouldn't be able to transfer into Gen 6. They also said that they plan to keep the Bank up for future Pokemon games meaning this may be the future way to transfer Pokemon to other games. But yes, you most likely CAN deposit Pokemon into the bank and then reset to a new game.

Its a pass down feature that hasn't been seen since Stadium.

You are also able to trade Pokemon that are not in the regional Pokedex into the games. We have been since Gen 4. Not having a Pokedex spot or Nationaldex doesn't effect trading into the game from a friend.

We are also able to type in the species of Pokemon we are searching for in GTS so we don't even have to see them anymore. If we wanted to we could GTS Mewtwo who isn't in the Kalos Regional Pokedex and get one on our games if there are any trades open that you can accept, before getting the National Pokedex.

Then what's the point of having both a Regional and National Pokedex? Why not just give us the whole thing from the start?
    And I didn't know it was in Gen IV because I have no friends to trade with.

Back