• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Pokemon Essential in android?

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
I want to play a Pokemon game made by Pokemon Essential in a Smartphone with Android.
It's possible? ~_~

Years
Well I'm pretty sure that's not possible because I haven't heard of anything like that. However, you can download an emulator and play ROM hacks in your phone and there are some good ROM hacks. The most noticeable one I know of is Pokemon life Version I think it was. Other thing is that there are some people developing Pokemon games for phones with coding. However they have yet to be released and they don't have like the normal stuff of a original Pokemon game( like story and battling etc.)

Savordez

It's time to end fangames.
Years
There is an RGSS player available on Android but Essentials games don't work with it (at least last time I tried)

Years
There exists an RGSS player for android, but even that won't work since windows relies on a lot of Windows apis, among other things.

Savordez

It's time to end fangames.
Years
Time of day checking (pc's clock) and reading the registry. Also maybe the font installation. There's probably a ton of other things but I just can't remember what.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Again this subject?

Not as much as people seem to think.

I removed the dependencies to use MKXP with essentials, and honestly the only Win32api dependency that's somewhat a hassle to change is the typing interface. But even then you can just use the traditional FRLG style of putting in nicknames and whatnot.
And your game is fully working with Neko Player?

Back