• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RESOLVED]Item Evolution triggered by event?

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
  • Hello, is it possible to trigger evolution using an event?

For instance, if I've got an overworld object which can function as a reusable Water Stone, is it possible to just call pbMiniCheckEvolutionItem with some parameters?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2017
    Have a look at how Eeveelutions Leafeon & Glaceon work. They depend on interaction with an object on a specific map

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
    Years
  • Have a look at how Eeveelutions Leafeon & Glaceon work. They depend on interaction with an object on a specific map
    That's the map ID rather than an event; I'd like to trigger evolution in events specifically, without level up involved.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2017
    Ok, so how about checking species in party upon interaction with said object and then forcing the evolution? I know that forced evolution can happen and someone has asked about that in the forum

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
    Years
  • Thanks for the advice! Between that and the thread you mentioned, I was able to check for Pokemon and force them to evolve. Normally I'd be a little pickier and try to come up with a more general solution, but since I've got a fairly limited Pokedex, I can just do a check for each species the event would affect.

Back