• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Huge PSA For Anyone With a PokeProject

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
Years
  • Now I know that Pokemon Hacks are a lot of hard work. Between remapping and scripting, to creating brand new tilesets or models. But one thing I've been seeing a lot again which I can't stand is people selling their ROMs flashed onto a cart, or just selling their ROMs flat out. Of course this isn't done in PC as I doubt we'd ever allow this but I just want people to know now that this is against actual laws. With PC holding a good majority of the ROM Hacking community I feel its best to post this here to lead anyone from making any dumb mistakes. With Pokemon Uranium just taken down due to income (not selling ROMs but advertisement) its safe to say Pokemon/GameFreak/Nintendo or whoever does not want others making any money off them at all.

Just wanted to throw this out there as I've been seeing a lot of flashed ROMs of demos I've played here. Good luck on your games all!

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    ^ And considering the GBA was discontinued a decade ago, there aren't many people doing that anymore. Nintendo has never taken down a hack, even ones like Shiny Gold that were very heavily bootlegged.

PankajBlitz

Taiyoh!
    Years
  • To make money people do these kinds of illegal things. I too bought Pokemon Quartz and realized after joining PC that it was free. To counter these things hackers insert screens which can be seen at Pokemon Life and Cyan.

Back