• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Enter The Dragons [October 2016]

Which are your favourites?

• Total voters
Years
Welcome to Third Generation's featured thread- the Poll of the Month! Seeing as this board's a bit slower than most on PokéCommunity, we'll be doing monthly polls rather than weekly ones, but the premise will be the same- pick any of the options from the poll above, and feel free to post about your choices. Also, if any of you have a question that you would like to see featured as the PotM, feel free to send me a VM with your idea(s), or leave it with your post in this thread. If your topic gets picked, you may even earn a special reward!

Now with all that said, this month's poll question is:

"Which are your favorite Dragon Pokémon introduced in Hoenn?"

An exclusive club that consisted only of the Dragonite family and Kingdra prior to the Third Generation, Hoenn saw the introduction of 9 new Dragon types- more than tripling the previous number! The big question though, is which of the new additions was your favorite of the bunch? Let the voting begin!

Knyte

Protector of Pokemon Realms
Years
Flygon was my favorite between him & Salamence. Too bad their names got switched. Haha
But Lati duo just gets me. There's something about them I can't explain.

blue

gucci
Years
Altaria! Not only one of my favourite Dragon Pokemon from Hoenn, but one of my all time favourites of any Pokemon. The Hoenn line-up for Pokemon was a strong one for me and a lot of my current favourites are from that region.

Years
It's all Flygon for me! I used Flygon in my first playthrough of Ruby back in the day, and it's been a favorite ever since. My friends all used big bad Salamence, so I liked Flygon for the underdog factor.

Years
I seriously love all of the Gen three Dragon Pokemon so it's really hard to just pick one. But for the sake of the poll I went with Altaria, I'm a big fan of its design and whilst the other Dragons are awesome, Altaria has a cute side which I really like :)

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
It's a complete tie between Flygon and Salamence for me.
I used Flygon in Ruby, when I encountered a shiny Trapinch while training, I think that made Flygon 100x more special <3
And I used Salamence in Sapphire, as I had planed to do. Not a shiny, but love him just the same :)
I'm not a big swablu line fan, but I don't often care for bid-like Pokemon.
The legndaries all have great designs on the other hand, as did most of the 3rd gen Pokemon. :)

Years
I voted Altaria as my fave Hoenn Dragon-type. I always loved how majestic its design was, and how it was one of those Pokemon that started a trend of Dragon-type Pokemon that didn't have many draconic features to them. Its Mega Evolution getting a unique Dragon/Fairy typing also sealed the deal with me.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
Absolutely have to go with Latios on this one. It's the only one I really felt some kind of connection to. I like Flygon, Altaria, Latias and Rayquaza but none of them of that "it" factor for me.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Lowkey voted for all of them because I love all of them.

Rayquaza is really epic. I've thought it was one of the coolest Pokemon since childhood and that's not going to change. Same with Latios and Latias, they're cute and really cool at the same time. Flygon is a fan favorite and really, really fun to use in the games. Salamence is super powerful and looks epic. Altaria combines cute and powerful into one design, and I know that this is only gen 3, but a Fairy/Dragon typing in its Mega makes it really unique.

PureAxis

Conqueror of Knowledge, Enforcer of Order.
Years
Altaria all the way! It's difficult to raise from a Swablu, but once you do it, it's a monster!
The Salamence line is cool as well, but you get it so late in the game, you can't use it fully, imo.

Years
Gen 3 has some of my favorite Dragons, with Rayquaza being my all-time favorite. I've always liked Latios/Latias as well (Pokemon 4Ever helped with that), and I've grown to love Altaria in recent years, too. Not big on Salamence/Flygon, but there are definitely worse Dragon types out there.

PokeTrekkie92

Gym Leader of Alabaster
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 13, 2022
It hard to choose because Gen 3 had some of the best dragon types, Altaria and Flygon would be my number one picks!

Years
I... actually didn't like the third generation as a whole, so I don't think it'll come as a surprise that I didn't really appreciate Flygon or Salamence. Latios and Latias were also, regrettably so, forgetable. Both are the same type and it seemed to me to make not a bit of difference in the game. That and using Legendary Pokémon isn't really a cool thing to do in the competitive battle scene. I'm going to have to say Altaria though. I know it's a bit bland, but I mean, Salamence, Dragonite and Altaria all share the same typing! Nothing new there. That and I just didn't really enjoy using Salamence.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Salamence and Rayquaza are both pretty badass dragons. Love both their designs and both are pretty strong.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
Voted for all of them. Gen III has some of the best Dragon Types imo {:3}.

But really, the names should have been:-

Bagon > Shelgon > Flygon
Trapinch > Vibrava > Salamence

Sounds much better that way.

Pika Pika :chu:

Back