• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen 3D Lag?

Years
  • Sorry if this topic has already been posted, but has anyone been noticing a massive lag on their screen when the 3d is in effect? I find it to be pretty annoying, considering the game is made for a 3D system, and not even the whole game is in 3D >_<. It gets frustrating enough to the point where I just end up turning the 3D effect off, and settle to enjoy the new Pokemon forms in "2D". Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem? Any thoughts?

murkage

Fairy Key Chain Sweeper
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2021
    Sorry if this topic has already been posted, but has anyone been noticing a massive lag on their screen when the 3d is in effect? I find it to be pretty annoying, considering the game is made for a 3D system, and not even the whole game is in 3D >_<. It gets frustrating enough to the point where I just end up turning the 3D effect off, and settle to enjoy the new Pokemon forms in "2D". Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem? Any thoughts?

I noticed it when i was using Yveltal using his Oblivion Wing (it cuts into a mini cinematic) also when people are challenging me to battle while im battling a trainer with 4-6 pokemon. random

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I've heard about it, but I haven't expeirenced it, though it needs to be really bad bad game wrecking freezing lag for me to notice it.

TheMightyShore

Skarmory 4 Life
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2020
    Yeah I noticed this too, but strangely not during online play. Certain Pokemon seemed to affect slowdown more than others.

Oh! Did you download your copy or is it a retail copy? Mine is downloaded.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oh! Did you download your copy or is it a retail copy? Mine is downloaded.

I have a physical copy of X (got it at the midnight release!). I'm jsut slightly disappointed because all other 3DS games I've purchased run flawlessly, and the one I wanted the most and was most hyped isn't running 100% :(

TheMightyShore

Skarmory 4 Life
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2020
    Yeah, I feel you. It bugged me too, because Kid Icarus seems to run more smoothly and have more going on. Maybe they'll patch it? Seems like Nintendo is getting better about that kind of thing.

Exoaria

such pokemon wow
    Years
  • The 3D lag only occurs in areas with lots of objects in the background. A dark cave or tiled area in Team Flare's hideouts will never lag with 3D on, but out in the plains or in a town where the battle areas are quite extravagant you'll experience a half drop in FPS with the 3D on minimum.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    I think it was disabled in some areas/circumstances due to frame rate issues. Lets be honest, the 3ds struggles to pull the game off, even with standard 2d. Using 3d when available causes a blatant drop in frame rate.

Back