• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What if the Team Rocket vs Team Plasma 2 parter would have aired?

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    I'd also assume it would have kickstarted a TP plot similar to the one from the original BW games, just with TR from BW thrown in, which I think could have worked. Assuming that, I'd like to think that they would sprinkle TP moments throughout the series similar to what DP did with TG. I would have definitely been in support of something like that.

Unfortunately, we got what we did. I usually give the writers some slack for TP itself in the anime because they got a curveball thrown at them from the B2W2 games. However, I can't condone the direction they went with them.

So if the two parter aired, we'd probably have a good TP to talk about with a good execution of a good plot from the games, the integration of a competent TR, and some quality conflict outside the main group.

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • It's interesting to think how BW may have been different if the Team Plasma/Rocket arc aired. The half-reset would still have existed but I think the series wold have been much better. I like to imagine that Team Plasma would have been occasionally interfering with Ash and friends throughout the Unova region, kind of like what Team Galactic did in Sinnoh. If not for B2W2, I think Team Plasma would have been recurring despite the arc cancellation, but the writers possibly decided to scrap all of the original BW Plasma ideas and replace them with the B2W2 Plasma that we saw later in the series after N appeared.

I did enjoy what appearances Team Plasma did make, though.

Back