• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where is Team Flare?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
  • Team Rocket made its appearance during the 2nd episode of OS.
    Team Magma made its appearance during the 2nd episode of AG.
    Team Aqua made its appearance during the 17th episode of AG.
    Team Galactic made its appearance during the 36th episode of DP.
    Team Plasma was intended to appear during the 23rd episode of BW, but didn't make its appearance until N appeared in the 109th episode of BW.

Team Flare has yet to appear in XY.

When do you think Team Flare will arrive? Why do you think it's taking so long for them to appear? Do you think they will be like Team Plasma and only appear for one episode arc? Do you think Team Flare will appear at all? What do you think Team Flare is up to?

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Team Rocket made its appearance during the 2nd episode of OS.
    Team Magma made its appearance during the 2nd episode of AG.
    Team Aqua made its appearance during the 17th episode of AG.
    Team Galactic made its appearance during the 36th episode of DP.
    Team Plasma was intended to appear during the 23rd episode of BW, but didn't make its appearance until N appeared in the 109th episode of BW.

Team Flare has yet to appear in XY.

When do you think Team Flare will arrive? Why do you think it's taking so long for them to appear? Do you think they will be like Team Plasma and only appear for one episode arc? Do you think Team Flare will appear at all? What do you think Team Flare is up to?

I was actually wondering that myself... Taking too long :/

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am also disappointed that Team Flare has yet to make an appearance.

SPOILER:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    I can't seem to find them. They weren't in the Glittering cave when I looked, and I couldn't find them on route 10 either... It seemed pretty quiet at the power plant as well.

Seriously though, they need to appear sometime soon in the main storyline. There's speculation that they'll appear in the mega evo specials, but they can't be tied to just those exclusively. What fun would that be, because we only get one of those every few months. Maybe they're waiting on GF's plans for the next games? I don't know... I just really don't want another TP/Episode N where they're introduced really late in the game and everything happens in a vacuum and I just won't care. Also, TF was really pathetic in game, so they should at least look good on TV.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • The specials take place at the same time as the normal anime, that is why I am thinking eventually TF will show up. My guess they already know about the new game, but I don't know why they would be waiting. Besides, they probably have already written 50 episodes or more.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    The specials take place at the same time as the normal anime, that is why I am thinking eventually TF will show up. My guess they already know about the new game, but I don't know why they would be waiting. Besides, they probably have already written 50 episodes or more.

Not to mention Ash is literally halfway through the region now thanks to his getting his fourth badge, and in exactly two weeks and five days from now, Ash will most likely get his fifth badge from Clemont.

If they're going to release the third Generation VI game, IF there even is a third game in any case, the absolute earliest they have to announce it is at this year's E3, since at the rate Ash is going, he'll at the very least get his seventh badge by the end of the year, possibly even his eighth if we're lucky, which won't leave room for TGS, GamesCom, or anything like that, and certainly not GDC 2015 either, since by the time that arrives, at the very least Ash's run in Kalos will be over, if not the entire XY series. In other words, Team Flare's time is running very short. I wonder if the delay had to do with the mess that was how they handled Team Plasma in Best Wishes (thanks largely to GameFreak prematurely announcing and releasing Black 2 and White 2 before they were even halfway through Unova in the Anime.)?

I'm actually a bit surprised that they're almost breezing through Kalos, though, Team Flare or no. At the rate they're going at, we probably can forget about Volcanion appearing in the movie after the Hoopa movie.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • There will be another movie during 6th Gen. If you think about it, It took them a little more than a year to get to the 4th gym. So there will probably be at least another 2 years before it is over. Most generations only last for about 3 years, Sinnoh being the longest. We are probably about to hit a wall of fillers. The routes are longer than that of the whole first season of Kalos. Not to mention Serena still has to win 3 competitions and then go to the next rank. Yes he is half way through Kalos gym wise, but the next routes are extremely long. Not to mention we will probably have a few more arcs like the Pokemon Camp and Mega Lucario Arc.

The Malamar remind me a lot of Team Flare, And one of the Team Flare Scientists has Malamar in games. Going off what I have been predicting through out Kalos so far, and been pretty accurate.

The next Malamar episode will be in about 20 to 26 more episodes from this weeks Japan episodes and will possibly be two parts. If Team Flare doesn't show up before, during or right after the next Malamar episode, Team Flare probably will have its own arc.

Also, generation 5 games didn't have a remake during the time. That is why BW2 came out so early. I am pretty sure Kalos will have a Z or sequels. Too many hints point at Zygarde playing a major part, just by the Dex Entries. As for Team Plasma, I think the canceled episodes had a MAJOR part in messing up Team Plasma. I think that is also what messed up Zekrom.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    There will be another movie during 6th Gen. If you think about it, It took them a little more than a year to get to the 4th gym. So there will probably be at least another 2 years before it is over. Most generations only last for about 3 years, Sinnoh being the longest. We are probably about to hit a wall of fillers. The routes are longer than that of the whole first season of Kalos. Not to mention Serena still has to win 3 competitions and then go to the next rank. Yes he is half way through Kalos gym wise, but the next routes are extremely long. Not to mention we will probably have a few more arcs like the Pokemon Camp and Mega Lucario Arc.

The Malamar remind me a lot of Team Flare, And one of the Team Flare Scientists has Malamar in games. Going off what I have been predicting through out Kalos so far, and been pretty accurate.

The next Malamar episode will be in about 20 to 26 more episodes from this weeks Japan episodes and will possibly be two parts. If Team Flare doesn't show up before, during or right after the next Malamar episode, Team Flare probably will have its own arc.

Also, generation 5 games didn't have a remake during the time. That is why BW2 came out so early. I am pretty sure Kalos will have a Z or sequels. Too many hints point at Zygarde playing a major part, just by the Dex Entries. As for Team Plasma, I think the canceled episodes had a MAJOR part in messing up Team Plasma. I think that is also what messed up Zekrom.

The longest I would expect regarding fillers would be the Psychic Badge from Olympia, since getting from Luminose City to Laverre City is probably going to take at the very least 9 episodes, considering that's how long it will take to get from Coumarine City and Luminose City (ie, the Plant and Voltage Badges), and the distance between the two is about the same going by the in-game map. Maybe 14 episodes maximum, since that's how long it took from Shalour City to Coumarine City. The Iceberg badge will probably be 9 episodes at minimum, given the distance between Anistar City (Psychic Badge) and Snowbelle City (Iceberg Badge). At minimum, we can expect 19 episodes for Luminose City to Anistar city since that's also the distance between Satalune City and Cyllage City, though that's probably going to take more episodes than that. Still, even you have to admit, this will be the shortest run in XY between badges regarding the Plant and Voltage Badges. If we're lucky, we might get the final badge by the end of the year.

And does that mean the Showcases only need three to win? I'm asking because she only just did her first one and she lost, taking it hard enough that she gave herself a haircut in shame.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2022
    I'm pretty sure Team Flare will soon appear in the Anime. All the other teams did, so they probably will too. Guess will just have to wait and see.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • This is possible. With Unova being as short as it was, maybe they want to make Kalos longer. Would love to have another Battle Frontier/Orange Islands thing. Maybe with the Battle Chateau sense Ash did become a Baron and said he wanted to rechallenge the gym leaders to beat them if I am not mistaken. Or even going to the Lapidarian Highlands that Sycamore seemed to put an emphasis on. They could bring Team Flare in then.

Sinnoh was the only series to last for 4 years, and it had a year break between games.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I'm thinking that maybe Team Flare were already defeated by the XY male protagonist. Then, unbeknownst to the male protag, Lysandre was still alive and took him a few months to build back Team Flare in secret. And then Ash came into the region, where Team Flare were now only concentrating on Mega Evolution in their own special episodes, the Mega Evolution or whatever it's called. :/

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    If I had to guess, once the mega evolution acts end, team flare will be bought full motion inti the main anime as well as allan.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Maybe they're saving Team Flare for some post league series? I'm thinking, that if we don't get the 3rd game for the XY gen. this year, then the XY series may be 4 years with the badge quest and league ending sometime in 2016. Then I think we may have 1 more year for a battle frontier-like arc in 2016-2017 so maybe we'll see Team Flare then if we get one.

That's assuming we even get a post-league series. We still have to wait for the third Gen VI game to come out to see if they do have something akin to the Battle Frontier, and besides which, we can't even be certain if the Pokémon Anime will even continue into Generation VII, considering it's really poor ratings. For all we know, the writers might just call it quits by the time of the league and just have Ash win the league and even the Elite 4/Champion so that at the very least, they can end the show with dignity instead of the executives making the decision for them.

Regarding Team Flare, assuming we don't get a post-league series, they'll probably introduce them late into the game. Let's see what the third Gen VI game is like to see whether it undergoes any changes (especially considering what happened to Team Plasma thanks to GameFreak not holding their horses regarding Pokémon Black 2 and White 2).

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I have to agree with Zoroark on this one. Because Lysandre appeared in the newest Mega Evolution episode. And they have already said there will be a 4th in Autumn. I guess we will have to see where it leads.

As for the anime/game thing, I highly doubt that. The anime and games are totally different worlds. I mean it isn't impossible, but highly unlikely. Otherwise Seren, Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor would be a bit different I would think.

And Weedle, if they honestly planned to stop the show, we would probably already know.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I have to agree with Zoroark on this one. Because Lysandre appeared in the newest Mega Evolution episode. And they have already said there will be a 4th in Autumn. I guess we will have to see where it leads.

As for the anime/game thing, I highly doubt that. The anime and games are totally different worlds. I mean it isn't impossible, but highly unlikely. Otherwise Seren, Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor would be a bit different I would think.

Maybe, but on the other hand, AG DID focus on the Battle Frontier mainly as a promotion of Pokémon Emerald, and that's not even getting into the infamy of how Best Wishes ended up botched (especially Team Plasma) in order to match both the wholesale restart of Generation V and due to B2W2's premature release, so it's not impossible. As it is, though, if they are going to have Team Flare appear, they should do it before January 2016, since that's probably when the league is going to happen.

And Weedle, if they honestly planned to stop the show, we would probably already know.

They're probably planning it now. Do you really think they could even continue the Anime when XY has been a bomb not only in terms of ratings (both in terms of tv ratings and online viewings), but even in terms of merchandising if Irregular Maverick Z is to be believed? Or that it's first movie was so badly received they actually had to fire its director (who had previously done all of the prior movies before then), something they never even did with Pokémon Heroes, which before then was also considered the biggest movie failure for the series? Let alone would continue it?

Besides, not all things have an announcement of it ending. I know the E-Reader franchise was killed off in America without even the slightest hint that it was going to end, and in fact just the month before Nintendo Power was even covering the then-planned-to-be-released Game & Watch e-reader series as if it was still going to be released. Likewise, the NBC series Heroes had little indication that Volume 4 was going to be it's series finale, and in fact the season finale even had a preview for the next season, but then the series got cancelled after that. Love Hina had something similar happen in its anime. I also don't recall The Adventures of Super Mario World ever hinting it was the last Mario cartoon ever.

Years
  • I'm sure they'll make an appearance in the series at some point considering Lysandre is in the Mega Evolution Specials. Will they be like they are in the games? Most likely not, all villainous teams in the anime end up watered down in some way in comparison to the games.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Team Flare's eventual appearance is truly a mystery. Have the writers decided not to include them after poor reception of Team Plasma's appearance but managed to keep Lysandre, but only kept him for the Mega Evolution specials?

I'm thinking that maybe Team Flare were already defeated by the XY male protagonist. Then, unbeknownst to the male protag, Lysandre was still alive and took him a few months to build back Team Flare in secret. And then Ash came into the region, where Team Flare were now only concentrating on Mega Evolution in their own special episodes, the Mega Evolution or whatever it's called. :/

Problem with that theory is that Korrina still didn't have a Mega Evolved Lucario at the time, which in the games, she already owns.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Could be that Team Flare is too dark for the main series. If you think about the plot of them from XY, they are sucking the life force of pokemon out, killing the pokemon in the process. All previous Teams have been mostly after world domination, or something similar, with nothing that directly would bring about death in such a way that Team Flare has.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Could be that Team Flare is too dark for the main series. If you think about the plot of them from XY, they are sucking the life force of pokemon out, killing the pokemon in the process. All previous Teams have been mostly after world domination, or something similar, with nothing that directly would bring about death in such a way that Team Flare has.

If I recall correctly, didn't Team Rocket murder Marowak and other Pokémon in the games, not to mention Giovanni strongly implying in the Mewtwo Returns special that he's going to have the clones subjected in experiments with a very high chance of leaving them killed if Mewtwo didn't cooperate? I think Team Galactic, at least in the games, did directly kill some Pokémon (Roughneck Kirby was shown to hate Team Galactic for what they did to his Pokémon, and considering he was at the Pokémon Tower of Sinnoh when he said this, it's strongly implied that they were killed by Team Galactic). I'm doubtful it would be dark enough to omit them. Not to mention Team Plasma's goals were pretty dark as well, especially in B2W2.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • I honestly think the evil malamars are owned by TF and I say that because I don't see three wild pokemon trying to dominate on their own and especially have plans that sofisticated and thought out with out human help and if you look at that first malamar episode it looks like they are trying to make yvetle cacoons , I'm guessing once the mega specials are done TF wil show up I see Alan helping TF against ash not knowing he's doing something wrong

Back