• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(OU) Almost there...

KH Fan Bixran

Pkmn Nobody
Years
  • Well, after MUCH trouble in my being indecisive, I have gotten together a well-rounded team, IMO. However, I do not know of who would work in the last slot, as I do not want any glaring weaknesses, and I would prefer not to just through a favorite in there and call it a day.

So, here is my team(EDIT: Any changes will be in bold.):

Mamoswine@Focus Sash
    -Adamant-
    (Oblivious)
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    1. Endeavor
    2. Ice Shard
    3. Earthquake
    4. Stealth Rock

My de-facto lead, as I can pretty much ensure SR early on with Mamo. I had much debate over who worked best here, but, in the end, Mamo ended up just working the best. Not much else to say, really.

Lucario(Olixucar)@Lucarionite
    -Justified(Adaptability)-
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    (Jolly)
    1. Close Combat
    2. Bullet Punch
    3. Crunch
    4. Swords Dance

My mega, and a very popular one at that. Usual set, and should do the job nicely, as per usual. I may trade SD for another coverage move, but idk yet. I guess time will tell if I need it or not...

Aegislash(Iaido)@Spooky Plate
    -Stance Change-
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    IVs: Spe=0
    (Quiet)
    1. Shadow Sneak
    2. Shadow Ball
    3. Sacred Sword
    4. Iron Head

Ah, Mixed Pivot Aegislash. A marvel of a set, using the switch to revert back to shield form in lieu of King's Shield. Switch in, take a resisted hit, and take a chunk out of whatever switch-in the opponent decides to send out. I go with Spooky Plate instead of a Life Orb so as to have a little more longetivity, along with the fact that my main goal is not to get kills, but, as Dobby put it, "only to maim or seriously injure." Also, I freaking love this pokemon!

Rotom-H(Le Four)@Leftovers
    -Bold-
    (Levitate)
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
    1. Volt Switch
    2. Overheat
    3. Will-O-Wisp
    4. Thunder Wave

Rotom-H: Rotom-W's lesser known cousin, who, with the new mechanics, is a great status absorber, and a nice partner to my resident steel types. With resistance and immunity to Fire and Ground, respectively, Rotom-H is a valuable partner to Aegislash and Lucario, and can easily cripple whoever the opponent sends to fell Rotom-H. Also, as I needed a physical tank, here we go. Will-o-Wisp helps with the tanking.

Azumarill@Splash Plate
    -Huge Power-
    EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 84 Spe
    (Adamant)
    1. Aqua Jet
    2. Play Rough
    3. Waterfall
    4. Superpower

How a water bunny has become one of the hardest hitting pokemon in the game surprises me, but I digress. Azumarill is my heavy hitter, and is also my main options for any dragon switch-ins. Again, I use a plate to help my pokemon last longer.

Goodra@Assault Vest
    -Gooey-
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
    (Modest)
    1. Draco Meteor
    2. Fire Blast
    3. Sludge Bomb
    4. Thunderbolt

(Thx to No Chance Without Zekrom for the suggestion)
    Well, I was always a bit iffy with what dragon to put. I liked Noivern, but his defenses just don't help much. There was also Tyrantrum, but T-Rexes never really appealed to me. So, we have the fan favorite, most abnormal dragon yet, Goodra. Being the special tank of the group, it can take a hit, and give one back in spades. Honestly, I've been wanting to use a Goodra, but could never find a reason to. Now I do, I guess.

Well, that's a full team, though I'm still open to any suggestions to what may help make this team ready.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    If you want a special attacker that has bulk, Goodra's a good option:

-Goodra w/Assault Vest
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Gooey
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Special Attack, 4 Defense
    Moves: Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower, Sludge Bomb, Thunderbolt

A few minor comments on your team:
    A Jolly nature would be better on your Lucario. Between Swords Dance, Adaptability, and the boost from mega evolving, it has enough power. What it really needs is a little extra Speed.
    If you're running a Quiet nature and 0 Speed IVs on Aegislash, you could use Gyro Ball instead of Iron Head.
    Choice Band is another option for Azumarill, to give all its moves a power boost (and a greater one than Splash Plate). But if you don't like being locked into one move, you don't have to use Choice Band.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Oblivious is preferred on lead Mamoswine to ensure its Stealth Rock isn't blocked by Taunt.

Have you considered Choice Band on Azumarill? It powers up its other moves at the cost of being locked into one while in battle.

Draco Meteor is preferred on Assault Vest Goodra for the raw power it provides. Same things applies to Fire Blast.

KH Fan Bixran

Pkmn Nobody
    Years
  • Oblivious is preferred on lead Mamoswine to ensure its Stealth Rock isn't blocked by Taunt.

Have you considered Choice Band on Azumarill? It powers up its other moves at the cost of being locked into one while in battle.

Draco Meteor is preferred on Assault Vest Goodra for the raw power it provides. Same things applies to Fire Blast.

1. Thanks, I had no idea oblivious blocked taunt
    2. Maybe. I've always been iffy with the choice items.
    3. Well, since I'm probably gonna be switching often anyway, draco meteor is probably better. Fire blast as well.

Well, I guess the read can be closed now, as I'm quite happy with the team now.

Back