• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pkm's Black and White League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 28, 2016
Sure i got time i'm bored outta my mind anyway be there in a sec but can we make it a friendly i don't feel like using my psychics
sure that will be fine. I'll be in the wifi room in a sec.
Btw by counting friendly battles i meant still using your gyms types. Just doesn't count towards a badge.

To All Ideas for the League

Lets take a vote.
Who's up for having friendly battles that you can use any Pokemon of your gym type, but still count for the league.

Also i was thinking of making it where the trainers would have to have at least 1 starter Pokemon. From any generation.

Still working on how the E4 will be set up.
I'm thinking of making it like a ladder or sorts. If you would like to be the 4th E4 you would have to challenge them and beat them for their spot.

Example: Lets say you were the 1st spot E4 and you wanted to move up the ranks and be a 2nd spot. You would have to beat the 2nd to claim his title. Then so on and so forth.

It's going to be hard to choose the E4. I'd like for all E4 members to have all 8 badges. That doesn't seem like it's going to happen atm. Only member with all the badges is Will aka: ASB. We will see like i said in an earlier post, the deadline is the end of next week.

Keep up the battling so i can make a sound decision.
Let me know what you guys think. I'll make my decision based on the input for you.

Last edited:

Houndoomed

Battle Master
Years
Btw by counting friendly battles i meant still using your gyms types. Just doesn't count towards a badge.

My thoughts

Lets take a vote.
Who's up for having friendly battles that you can use any Pokemon of your gym type, but still count for the league.

I thought friendly's could be with whatever poke's are agreed on by both trainers, and counted for Cash/Win total anyway?

Also i was thinking of making it where the trainers would have to have at least 1 starter Pokemon. From any generation.

Except Blaziken of course, thats sounds good, gives us a small advantage, we already have the monotype working against us. What about a rule that prevents challengers (Trainers) from using substitute or protect to eliminate stallers, to see what they're really made of! (Sadistic will be down for this Im sure)

I'm thinking of making it like a ladder or sorts. If you would like to be the 4th E4 you would have to challenge them and beat them for their spot.

Example: Lets say you were the 1st spot E4 and you wanted to move up the ranks and be a 2nd spot. You would have to beat the 2nd to claim his title. Then so on and so forth.

I think that the E4 should only be able to be challenged for their spot once a week or something like that. To prevent too may switches.

It's going to be hard to choose the E4. I'd like for all E4 members to have all 8 badges. That doesn't seem like it's going to happen atm. Only member with all the badges is Will aka: ASB. We will see like i said in an earlier post, the deadline is the end of next week.

I think most of us will get all 8 sooner than you think, it looks to be picking up, the first 5 with 8 badges should have a sudden death tourny to decide E4 order with the champ being the winner (With cash prizes to buy ubers!)

Let me know what you guys think. I'll make my decision based on the input for you.

Keep up the good work!

Hoo ahh!

Vsjester13

Former battler
Years

My own thoughts.

Lets take a vote.

I Agree with this i guess but both leaders should have a choice on if they want to use there type or not.

I also agree with this then we have a bit more of a chance of winning (Aka someone ending up facing me with a team full of Dark types.

I don't really have much to say about this really sorry but i'd rather let the other leaders make a choice about this.

Now i'm off to EV train since i haven't had a chance to yet and i really need to.

Years

Lets take a vote.

I'm kind of confused with what you mean here. Do you mean use a standard team and have that count or being able to use ubers of your type and have those count as gym battles? I wouldn't mind either though if we're talking the latter, that'd be difficult for me since I don't have a single competitive uber.

Eh... I personally don't like this idea. If we've already got to have three PKMN of our type, I don't like seeing more requirements on our teams. Still, I suppose I could make it work if I had to. Just give me a couple weeks heads up before you make it a rule because I'll need time to breed and train.

I'd actually like this. Rewards for activity and adds an extra layer of competition. I do agree with whoever said that (Houndoomed?) there should be a limit on challenges like this though I suppose when we really get into it, there will be very little rank changing.

My thoughts in blue.

And hell no Houndoomed. I'll be the first to say getting stalled is obnoxious, and stalling yourself is boring, but wihtout walls and tanks, you've got no solid way to set up your other pokes. My suggestion would be to include a stallbreaker and take better care of it then I did with my match with Jolt. lol

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
Yup. GG. I knew I was screwed when I saw your team. lol

My apologies for being AFK last night.

Yeah, I didn't realize you were flying type (otherwise I may have chosen different pokés...those are my only ones that I bred/caught currently though)

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years

Lets take a vote.
Do not understand what this means.
Do eveelutions count as starters (like blue had in yellow)? If so I am down for this rule. If not then no.
Sounds fair.

Let me know what you guys think. I'll make my decision based on the input for you.[/QUOTE]

Houndoomed

Battle Master
Years
My thoughts in blue.

And hell no Houndoomed. I'll be the first to say getting stalled is obnoxious, and stalling yourself is boring, but wihtout walls and tanks, you've got no solid way to set up your other pokes. My suggestion would be to include a stallbreaker and take better care of it then I did with my match with Jolt. lol

Walls and tanks are fine, but sub and protect are stupid, I have been forced to use them which sucks IMHO otherwise I would stand no chance.

Think of it this way, if it were real life (Stick with me here) and say your Moltress used substitute, my aggron would still Head Smash the crap outta that bird, It wouldnt attack some stupid green doll, and protect.....(Sigh) its like crossing your fingers and saying "Not it" its so so stupid! I feel the same about attract also.

If we banned the use of those moves for trainers (Not Gym leaders) it would make up for them already knowing what type we roll with and would make for some quicker more fun battles, If PKM lets me I will add it to my gym rules.

My thoughts in blue.

I wouldn't mind either though if we're talking the latter, that'd be difficult for me since I don't have a single competitive uber.

I have a couple of Uber flyers for trade on my thread, If you want them let me know.

Anyone up for a friendly?

Last edited:
Years
I just noticed something and that is that your the only leader that hasn't won a badge from a different leader.

What if I don't care for challenging the other leaders? Eh, no need to get defensive, but I suppose the best way to put it is that I don't care for pursuing badges at the moment. Plus most have flat rule or double battles as the format and I don't have anything ready for either at the moment. And in order to beat ASB and WTF, I'll need to put some more strategy into my battling and maybe work on another poke or switch sets.

Walls and tanks are fine, but sub and protect are stupid, I have been forced to use them which sucks IMHO otherwise I would stand no chance.

Think of it this way, if it were real life (Stick with me here) and say your Moltress used substitute, my aggron would still Head Smash the crap outta that bird, It wouldnt attack some stupid green doll, and protect.....(Sigh) its like crossing your fingers and saying "Not it" its so so stupid! I feel the same about attract also.

If we banned the use of those moves for trainers (Not Gym leaders) it would make up for them already knowing what type we roll with and would make for some quicker more fun battles, If PKM lets me I will add it to my gym rules.

I have a couple of Uber flyers for trade on my thread, If you want them let me know.

I understand your points here, but PKMN isn't exactly the mst realistic to begin with. If we're being logical, then there should pretty much be no egg moves in the anime, there should be no legends use, and how would, say Starmie hold a Life Orb, how would Rampardso hold Leftovers, how would those items be recyclable? In addition physical moves like Stone Edge that, in the anime are portrayed as glowing white light and rocks shooting out from it shouldn't be that way because the TM description is "the use stabs the foe with sharpened stones from below.." And I'm sure RNG'ing would be impossible as is IV breeding. In RL what would have that many eggs?

I do understand your frustration, but banning an entire strategy doesn't seem logical to me. I can't say that to challenge me you cannot use a Hyper Offence strategy cause I've gotten spammed by Draco Meteor's and Outrages so many times I lost track of them all in my first battle with ASB.

And I'll take a look at your thread. I just don't like ubers as a whole though. :/

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 28, 2016
I meant to say free battles can use any pokemon.
As far as the limit to challenge E4 would be once a week or every couple days for something.
The starter pokemon would only be for the trainers to use the gyms don't have to use a starter.
The starters would be the regular game starters(not including blaziken).

Years
I meant to say free battles can use any pokemon.
As far as the limit to challenge E4 would be once a week or every couple days for something.
The starter pokemon would only be for the trainers to use the gyms don't have to use a starter.
The starters would be the regular game starters(not including blaziken).

Sounds good to me. I'm on board, whatever my two cents counts as anyways. lol :)

Houndoomed

Battle Master
Years
What if I don't care for challenging the other leaders? Eh, no need to get defensive, but I suppose the best way to put it is that I don't care for pursuing badges at the moment. Plus most have flat rule or double battles as the format and I don't have anything ready for either at the moment. And in order to beat ASB and WTF, I'll need to put some more strategy into my battling and maybe work on another poke or switch sets.

I understand your points here, but PKMN isn't exactly the mst realistic to begin with. If we're being logical, then there should pretty much be no egg moves in the anime, there should be no legends use, and how would, say Starmie hold a Life Orb, how would Rampardso hold Leftovers, how would those items be recyclable? In addition physical moves like Stone Edge that, in the anime are portrayed as glowing white light and rocks shooting out from it shouldn't be that way because the TM description is "the use stabs the foe with sharpened stones from below.." And I'm sure RNG'ing would be impossible as is IV breeding. In RL what would have that many eggs?

I do understand your frustration, but banning an entire strategy doesn't seem logical to me. I can't say that to challenge me you cannot use a Hyper Offence strategy cause I've gotten spammed by Draco Meteor's and Outrages so many times I lost track of them all in my first battle with ASB.

And I'll take a look at your thread. I just don't like ubers as a whole though. :/

Dont take my "If this were real" too seriously, I just meant that Sub/Protect seem to violate a clause already in place

Clauses:
Evasion Clause

• Moves that boost evasion (i.e. Double Team and Minimize) are not allowed.
Not to mention your no hax items rule, no different really, those items are part of peoples strategies aswell, along with the ubers, I had to bench 80% of my team when I joined as they are on the no no list, that hampered my strategy, so why not even it out, thats all Im saying, removing protect and sub would make our comp unique.

Years
Dont take my "If this were real" too seriously, I just meant that Sub/Protect seem to violate a clause already in place

Clauses:
Evasion Clause

• Moves that boost evasion (i.e. Double Team and Minimize) are not allowed.

Considering that most descriptions of the TM include something with the word 'evade' in it, you might actually have a claim there. I think the reason it's not covered under evasion clause is because it's not luck. Not really anyways. It's not screwing with anything's accuraccy and there isn't a luck factor in that you have a 1/15 chance of hitting a poke (just made up the numbers). The exception being Thunder in rain.

Not to mention your no hax items rule, no different really, those items are part of peoples strategies aswell, along with the ubers, I had to bench 80% of my team when I joined as they are on the no no list, that hampered my strategy, so why not even it out, thats all Im saying, removing protect and sub would make our comp unique.

Ubers were banned for a reason. If they weren't banned everyone would be using the same 39 PKMN cause that's all that would stand a chance.

And as far as I've seen on the hax items, it's something that most competitive players avoid as a soft rule. I don't think it's official in most areas though and believe smogon's final word on it was letting the players decide. Plus they're called hax for a reason; the revolve around an effect that may or may not occur. Protect is (assuming we're not talking consecutive uses) guaranteed to work. And there are generally better items than most of those hax items like Life Orb and Leftovers.

Last edited:

Houndoomed

Battle Master
Years
Considering that most descriptions of the TM include something with the word 'evade' in it, you might actually have a claim there. I think the reason it's not covered under evasion clause is because it's not luck. Not really anyways. It's not screwing with anything's accuraccy and there isn't a luck factor in that you have a 1/15 chance of hitting a poke (just made up the numbers). The exception being Thunder in rain.

Ubers were banned for a reason. If they weren't banned everyone would be using the same 39 PKMN cause that's all that would stand a chance.

And as far as I've seen on the hax items, it's something that most competitive players avoid as a soft rule. I don't think it's official in most areas though and believe smogon's final word on it was letting the players decide. Plus they're called hax for a reason; the revolve around an effect that may or may not occur. Protect is (assuming we're not talking consecutive uses) guaranteed to work. And there are generally better items than most of those hax items like Life Orb and Leftovers.

Think of all the other moves that could fill the Sub/Protect slots, so much coverage! It would be very interesting and would force us to be inventive other ways.

Fancy a Gym challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back