• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The One-Off Advice Thread!

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
  • I wasn't sure if this would get a Prefix, so I left it out. Feel free to change it if it fits a certain one Fairy!

So, I'm sure there are many of you who lurk around A&D with various bits of artwork that don't quite add up to a gallery, and yet you'd still like to get some advice on them. Or maybe you're designing a one off piece of art you don't want to add to your gallery here. That's where this thread comes in!

I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where all of you with pieces of art you don't want to put in a gallery or whatever can put said art pieces to receive some C&C, without the need of a gallery. Here, you just post your art, and wait for someone to come back and give it some C&C! Then you can improve it and be on your merry way again! Lol, this will probably fall flat on its face but oh well

Just some quick reminders for y'all:
    • All PC rules apply here
    • Please give as much C&C as you can. It's frustrating when someone just brushes over your post.
    • Don't only give critisism. All critisism must be backed up with comments for improvement.
    • If you're posting a piece of art for C&C, try and leave feedback for others too. Give and take and all that.

So, post your pieces away!

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2016
    I had a little attempt at making a few sprites and little fakedex a while back but withdrew to a lack of interest and a lack of skill.
    But now that I've got more ideas with me and more time to work on them, along with some more appealing drawing efforts, I feel like giving it another go

Since this is a new account and I don't have enough new material ready to present, I'd like some advice especially on the shape/shading and "feel" (how Pokemonish my fakemon looks)

I made this sprite:
    deciclir_sprite_by_fang_facestudios-d8qwqo8.png

Based off this little sketch:
    http://orig14.deviantart.net/3b6a/f/2015/114/e/3/deciclir_drawing_by_fang_facestudios-d8qwt0a.jpg
    (And for some reason that is huge, Anyone know a way I can fix that so it's smaller and can be shown here for better comparison?)

It's a Poison/Ice type I call Deciclir. Kinda a gummy slug with some crystals for horns/spikes/stingers
    It will evolve once and grow a crystal disc where the dark line is in its face
    I think it turned out alright for a 64x64 sprite, but I always feel like my attempts can be somewhat hard to see/differentiate and I'm not quite sure why that is
    Any advice on making my sprite look more attractive, well lit, or more expressive would be appreciated

Last edited:
    Back