• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TAYLOR SWIFT 1989

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I love T-Swift. She's my girl. She's got a new album coming out in October. 1989.

TAYLOR SWIFT 1989

She announced a few months ago she's going to go full pop for this album, explaining that she wants to get it out now while she's still young, and she just dropped her new bop Shake It Off today. And the music for it too!

Nice, fun, boppy. Something you can dance to freely in your room like a dork and probably even add to your running playlist!

Years
  • I used to really like her back on the first Album and Fearless when it was more Country than pop (Went to the fearless tour in Manchester 2009, with Justin Beaber as the before show act, which was kind of embarrassing even though I had no idea who he was back then, he had broke his leg the night before so all as he could do was sit on a stool :p).

Didn't mind the third album, but the fourth one really bored me (never even bothered putting the CD onto my I-pod).

The most annoying thing is now as she is fully pop shes always on the radio with stuff I don't really like, but was never on the radio with her earlier country stuff.

She's still super cute and adorable though.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I'm not the biggest Taylor Swift fan, but I like some of her country-like songs. Her new pop direction, I don't know. My friend has a crush on her, and he even said he doesn't like Red much or this new song. It's really catchy , though, so it's got that for her. It will probably become a top 40 hit because it's catchy and because she's Taylor Swift, she's has a big fanbase and has made tons of hits before. But it's so usually seeing her shake her butt and have people twerking in her video, but I guess you have to stay caught up with the trends with pop....sigh.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    Never liked her.

I like the more mature country babes like Shania Twain which have a bit more of an authentic country vibe I find.

Overall Country ain't my fave genre but Shania goes quite good as does Sheryl Crow.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm not the biggest Taylor Swift fan, but I like some of her country-like songs. Her new pop direction, I don't know. My friend has a crush on her, and he even said he doesn't like Red much or this new song. It's really catchy , though, so it's got that for her. It will probably become a top 40 hit because it's catchy and because she's Taylor Swift, she's has a big fanbase and has made tons of hits before. But it's so usually seeing her shake her butt and have people twerking in her video, but I guess you have to stay caught up with the trends with pop....sigh.

Did you watch the video or just look at the preview? Because the video's message is pretty clearly "all these types of things aren't me, see how awkward I look trying to fit into these images", it's not an endorsement of twerking. Not that there's anything wrong with twerking, mind you, but she's very obviously not trying to fit in with trends, and instead saying that she should just be herself because the trends aren't "her".

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Did you watch the video or just look at the preview? Because the video's message is pretty clearly "all these types of things aren't me, see how awkward I look trying to fit into these images", it's not an endorsement of twerking. Not that there's anything wrong with twerking, mind you, but she's very obviously not trying to fit in with trends, and instead saying that she should just be herself because the trends aren't "her".

I watched the video, just didn't interpret that as the message. I guess I don't find the meaning behind most videos. Opps.

Even if I get that now, I still find the song, just "meh" though. It's nice she's wanting to explore pop more and make a pop record (which she kind of did with Red, but that still had a country twist) , but it's not my thing.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Taylor has pretty much always been pop, disguised as 'country' behind an acoustic guitar. In her credit, her success is due in part to that - fake as it was people fell hook line and sinker for this ruse of being a bit different because she can play a couple of chords and she's milked that well. Like Dracul though I'm glad she's finally dropping it and admitting that she is, and bluntly always has been, straight-up pop with a slight twist at best.

Not to say that I dislike her in all ways, mind. I'd not choose to listen to her - but her music is great fun to just dance to and have a laugh after you've had a drink or two. Or at least, I think so. I've had some good times just not giving a crap about how little I like what I'm actually listening to and making a total fool of myself while everyone around me does the shame without even a slight bit of shame, and now that she's dropping this silly country facade I feel like we're going to get even more of that. So I say it's a good thing! She's going in the direction she's always been headed but never wanted to admit; a bit of fun, not to be taken too seriously. About time.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Taylor has pretty much always been pop, disguised as 'country' behind an acoustic guitar. In her credit, her success is due in part to that - fake as it was people fell hook line and sinker for this ruse of being a bit different because she can play a couple of chords and she's milked that well. Like Dracul though I'm glad she's finally dropping it and admitting that she is, and bluntly always has been, straight-up pop with a slight twist at best.

I think that's a little unfair to say because her early work was definitely country - especially her debut which had little influences of Pop.

Whereas albums like Red which was passed off as "Country Pop" but was definitely Pop with barely any Country influences - tbh I think it was ridiculous that Red was marketed as a Country album, but in her defense Red was her "experimental" album which was probably why Country wasn't the lead influence. There's a post on tumblr that has all of her lead singles and it shows her transition quite well imo.

--

Anyway, I really like the song, it's so boppy and cute. o3o; I'm glad she's finally shaking off the Country genre because like I previously said, it had just disappeared completely by the time Red came around. It's gonna be weird to hear her singing with 80s influences though.

Years
  • The whole was she country or not is a weird thing because country is kind of a broad church so to speak. Sure she wasn't the I ride a big green John Deere, carry a riffle in my pick up, dress in camo going hunting, then come home to my house with the stars and bars flying outside then throw on my cowboy boots and hat and jump on my horse and ride off to the rodeo type. But the earlier music had a more country feel to it compared to the pop music of the time.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Watching the music video though, I feel a lot of the costumes she chooses to wear are just...odd, I suppose. I think the music video could have been done better - seems really low budgeted in my honest opinion. But hey, as TSwift simply put it, "haters gonna hate."

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Watching the music video though, I feel a lot of the costumes she chooses to wear are just...odd, I suppose. I think the music video could have been done better - seems really low budgeted in my honest opinion. But hey, as TSwift simply put it, "haters gonna hate."

I thought that while I watched it, though more along the lines of "this doesn't seem like her." However I support her finding her pop image and stepping out of her comfort zone. I think the song is a great jam that will storm the radio and the album will be a big hit. I want it.

Back