• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let me fall asleep.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    What do you need in order to fall asleep?

I need complete silence from living things and the wall air conditioner to be on so I can focus on the sound. Also it needs to be completely dark. No light of any kind. Not even the little lights that are on the TV, or the power strip or any charging lights. They have to be covered, or I'll focus on them and it'll distract me. I also need a soft pillow and a firm pillow and a comforter in order for me to fall asleep.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Nothing.

Well, I do need to be lying down, and probably not on a tile/wood floor. I fall asleep on carpet without an issue though. I'm a hard sleeper and sleep through everything so people can vacuum around me and I'll be fine. I sleep with the light on all the time because I'm too lazy to get up and turn it off. Yet somehow I'm so able to fall asleep but the instant someone tries to talk to me my brain wakes me up, I'm coherent and understand what's happening instantly, and then I go right back to sleep. I'm basically the perfect sleeper.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I can fall asleep in anything. Not that I'm a heavy sleeper, I just can easily tune everything out. My ideal sleep enviroment though is completely dark with silence or any outside weather noises are fine with me too. I like to put my fan on low most of the time and then a blanket and a comforter obv a pillow too. Forgot that lately I've been putting my lava lamp on before bed because it's cool to look at while falling asleep or sometimes the light it casts is just relaxing.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I guess it depends on how tired I am. Usually if I'm tired I'll just fall asleep, wherever. Otherwise, I listen to music. Not really sure if that actually helps me fall asleep, I just do it so I'm not laying there doing completely nothing.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • Sometimes I need music. Anything I listen to normally is fine, be it rock, hip-hop, chiptune, etc. I just relax and enjoy the music.

Sometimes I watch asmr videos on YouTube to relax. They may seem weird but they totally work.

Other times Silence does the trick. Doesn't have to be total silence, just no stomping around the house. :p

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I need to be naked, under a blanket, ceiling fan on, some tunes, and complete darkness.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Well, I need to have my brain clear of all thoughts, first & foremost, & also, my room can't be too warm. Otherwise, I'm going to have big problems falling asleep.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • Nothing Really, I sleep myself in some time when i goto bed, its like a habit!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I can't fall asleep without any sort of noise around, so I keep my TV turned on to the lowest volume as possible before going to bed. Usually, I have it set to some music channel, haha. :] Aside from that, I also need tiredness. If I don't feel tired, chances of me actually falling asleep would be pretty low, and wind up staying awake for about two to three hours in a row.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I have to fall asleep with my Axel plushie, Fluttershy and scarfy. I also sleep with my TV on Boomerang and my fan on. I can't sleep without checking Mibba to see if my best friend sent me something and doing nightly things before bed. I won't sleep without Axel and Scarfy.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I need some sound because total silence scares me. I can hear every little thing when it's silent and I'll assume mice or bugs are coming to get me idk. Oddly enough though, I'm a very light sleeper. I also need a pillow between my legs to kind of buffer them. My legs start to hurt really badly and twitch all over the place if they're static and can't move, and idk why but thank God it does, a pillow between them really helps. Needs to be dark as well. Light will just distract me and hurt my eyes.

During summer, I need a fan. The sound is nice and the extra cooling helps a lot. I think that about covers it...

Years
  • Fatigue or my eyes being tired, otherwise I have an extremely difficult time falling asleep. I've noticed that especially after playing intense badminton during the night sessions at the recreation centres, it makes me tired enough to fall asleep practically anywhere afterwards. There's nothing else in particular that I would need in order to sleep.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I've probably said this a bunch of times, but my little box fan on the stool in front of my bed. The gentle whir of it calms me down and lets me sleep.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • A dark, quiet room and a bed.

My housemates need all these stupid princess things like fans and garlic hanging from the roof to ward off vampires, but I keep it nice and simple.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • in order for me to sleep, i need my contacts out and total darkness. if i see the light, i'll stay awake. also, i need my tv on. i get scared without noise.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • I don't really need anything except for to be in a comfortable position and at a comfortable temperature.

I fell asleep sitting up in choir class..while everyone was singing (sitting straight up).

My sleep schedule tends to be just listening to music because when I listen to music when I go to sleep I usually keep hearing the next couple songs throughout my dream which is kind of neat.

Back