• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Work-in-Progress Thread!

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
  • So, I had this idea to make a thread where people can show us their current WIPs. Post a snapshot of something you are working on, and perhaps say a few things about it, what your thoughts are, where you want to go with it, what is bugging you and so on. It could be a handy way for someone to give you a little tip about your piece, and get you improving your pieces even faster!

I would say don't simply post your own WIP hoping for some C&C without doing the same for others. Try and give the WIPs some C&C yourself, before posting your own WIP.

Of course, don't post WIPs that go against the A&D rules, or PC's rules in general. It would also be a good idea if you didn't post competition WIPs, since they could give away what you're entering. Aside from that, hopefully we'll get to see some good insight into the minds of PC's artists here!

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Spoiler:

I shall taint this thread by posting here first.
    Work-in-progress as in project that's due in about 6 hours and I'm already fed up with it ;-; So glad to have this model out of my hands, really just couldn't get it right in a way that I'd be satisfied with :s
    My comp sci partner also made a game with it which was pretty cool so I may gif that and post it here if I ever get the time to.

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
    Years
  • posting some WIP's too:
    8b976039e4.png

first is this cat fakemon thingy based on Siamese breeds. I want to change its proportions into a more cartoony feel, since so far it looks like the standard proportions of a cat. However when I shorten its legs/body it looks too much like skitty/meowth proportions; when I make it thinner, it looks like a Glameow instead. -__-;
    ZBO4l66.png

Next is this slightly daring rendition of my OC, Magistelle. The drawing itself looks finished, but to be honest, so far I'm struggling to make her background into something else (tried a bed full of folds and creases, grass, etc) but it just doesn't sit well with me... or maybe I'm just in a slump idk

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I've been working on more free-style pixel art. So instead of going in pixel by pixel like I usually do, with a predetermined image in mind, I block out different segments of color without any outline and add/subtract to it to refine the image. Then add detail and other elements from there, and once again add/subtract in order to complete the picture.

qJPkagC.png

This is the most recent example. I'm still trying to narrow down the perfect form and define the whole image better, but I think it's a relatively successful attempt!

Skip Class

Years
  • As dubbed as the level designer for the game I'm currently designing/developing, imma dump here this basic farm level I've been working on. Had to scale it down since my tutors said time-wise we wouldn't have time to make it in the time limit given to make the game (because we also want to add other levels).

Spoiler:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • So here's a wip of mine, quite close to completion now. It's turning out better than I felt it would, after a couple of bad choices I chose to work with. But this is learning experience, and is teaching me several things.

Spoiler:

Years
  • So I just started working on this today. Never done anything as small as this, but I'm pretty happy with it so far. Definitely needs some more work though, and I may turn it into a gif of him dancing if I feel ambitious enough!

Spoiler:

Skip Class

Years
  • Current level design/modelling progress for the level of my game I'm currently working on:
    (We had a presentation this morning and I decided to just piece this together to show for our game.)
    Spoiler:

Will post on my own thread when I have something more solid.

Years
  • Here's this abomination of a WIP I started long ago and never got around to finishing, oversized fingers, overly thick or too little lineart in some areas, lack of shading, and shoddy coloring aside I think I did fine for translating a sketch from a piece of paper to a computer screen.

The character was supposed to be from a pokemon fanfic I liked a while back, but seeing as I have no use for it now I guess I could post this early WIP of her here. Tagged for barbie doll nudity, just to be safe. God I suck at drawing flat chests.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    rofl I made a Markiplier sprite:
    XgoPxju.png

This is a WIP and will forever be a WIP. Does that mean it's complete? The world will never know..

Years
  • I don't want to sound rude or anything, but could anyone check out my WIP and give some feedback or tips? I really want to finish it, but I need help with the shading and smoothing out the horrid anatomy and lineart. (Probably because I worked without a ref sheet of any kind, I usually do better with one.)

Skip Class

Years
  • Been a busy bee, just passing by to dump this here.
    aR1Hatc.png

More WIP for another part of the short level that I've just started on for the game. Very somewhat Jak n Daxter inspired :pp

Back