• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are your most valuable possessions?

Sirfetch’d

1. What is your most valuable possession in terms of money spent?

2. What is your most valuable possession sentimental wise? Why is this item so important to you?

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Even though I spent zero money on it, my computer is the most valuable thing I have.

In terms of sentiment, though, I'd definitely have to say my plushies, manga books, and other reads stored in my cabinets in my room. Those things kept me company so well in the hospital.

Lucid

My dad's football patch. He died when I was 2 and his wedding band was stollen when I moved out into my first place, so it's all I have of him. Also one of my grandmother's vintage dresses from the 40's that my mom and I alrered to fit me. <3

They're be absolutely worthless to anyone else.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I would say that currently my computer is my most valuable possession, because I've put so much work into it, and I use it to do all of the stuff that I'm really into (gaming, programming, browsing PC haha). Other than that, I have a lot of things that are very valuable to me because they were gifts from people who are really special to me. Really anything that I get as a gift from a friend is very important to me, no matter what it is.

Years
  • I have a lot worth monetary value, but nothing really sentimental, except my Sonic Adventure 2 Disc for gamecube that still works and had since it first came out YEEEEARS ago.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    Scratch wise it's my Cordoba 55fce thinbody nylon guitar, 1,300 dollars goddam but worth every penny.

What means the most to me tho is Roxanne, my 2002 Fender Strat guitar. She was in terrible shape when I got her so I painted her, replaced her electrics, fixed the bridge, just gave her the lovin she needed. and damn can she sing

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    money wise probably my phone

I don't really have anything sentimental, but that's mainly because I don't find an attachment to items for any reason

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    uh, money-wise, i think it's my laptop. was about 3,000 dollars if i recall correctly.

as for items of sentimental value, i have waaay too many of them. but off the top of my head, gifts and birthday cards i've received from my parents, family and friends i've had in the past...umm also, my photo albums and my old blanket that looks like a rag now, aha.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • My most expensive item would probably have to be my french horn. It's so nice, and sounds beautiful, but unfortunately I've put playing it on hold. I don't have a place to practice in my apartment, as well as any music to learn. However, I could always pick up some music books and start paying for a garage, but I'm always a little hesitant when spending money. Either way, I really want to get back into playing, since it is such a nice instrument and it's just gathering dust in my closet.

Sentimental wise, it would have to be my laptop. There's just so many stories on here that it would be absolutely devastating to lose my progress on them.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • omg... I have so many things. I guess one thing would be Keru, my security blanket that reminds me of my hero. I can't bare to part with it no matter how hard I try. Believe me, I've gone into the gas station once and left him behind... I almost freaked out because of it. DX

I have a long list of things I take pride in, mind you... I'm just too lazy to list the rest of them. Also, technically, I doubt buy things on my own. My parents do. I'm with them when they get it for me though. I don't know how to deal with money or people... so yeah.

Last edited:

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • A vest that doesn't even fit me anymore. It was a gift from a dear friend that passed out a couple of years after she gave it to me. I love it and will never get rid of it.

A super 8 camera that belonged to my grandfather. He gave it to me a couple of months ago, he wanted me to have it. This camera recorded my mother and her siblings as kids. It still works.

And my pictures. Although I hate taking/appearing in photos, I love the ones I have and always end up appreciating the ones I'm forced to take. It's always nice to sit down and sift through them, especially when I'm feeling down. Reminds me that thinks will get better, of hard times I've gotten through and all the great things I've experienced. The people that have come and gone in my life and how I appreciate them.

Years
  • 1. My iPhone.
    2. My grampa's watch. (he gave it to me before he died, and its still working!)

Years
  • I don't have much in the way of things with monetary value- I think the most expensive thing that I own is my laptop, and I didn't pay all that much for it to begin with (in fact, just to get the screen repaired last week cost me a third of what I paid for the computer).

And to be perfectly honest, I didn't take a whole bunch of sentimental things with me when I moved out last year. I mean, it would suck to lose either my Pokemon TCG collection or my GBC/GBA + games, but I rarely look at them, so it'd probably take me months before I noticed they were gone. I guess at dumb as it sounds, I'd have to go with my small collection of USB drives. I've got photos, videos, and other miscellaneous files spread across them that go back as far as 2003, so it would hurt to lose some of the memories that have been put away into them.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • My most valuable possession monetary wise would be my laptop. Why you ask?

Most sentimental possession? Er... It's gotta be that doll of a character of mine that my best friend gave to me as a birthday present a couple years back. Or that keychain that she gave me back when we first met irl. IDK, they're both sentimental to me haha.

My laptop can also be one since it has all my files since high school, from video recordings to a voice dub I edited for a play, to the 30 pages of a doujin that I wasted a full day type-setting back at January lol. Also a bunch of graphics and web pages that from back at junior high school when I was into webmastering. There's even some of my childhood files like short stories and MS Paint pictures. Albeit cringeworthy, but they're still little memories I have.

Also a handmade guide to an imaginary island I had but I'd rather not talk about it 'cause it's so embarassing hahaha. I blame 8-y-o me

pkmin3033

In terms of monetary value, it'd be my laptop or my PS4...I forget how much I spent on my laptop.

In terms of sentiment, it'd be my two degrees...perhaps the undergrad more than the postgrad, if only because I invested a lot more time into it and got the highest possible result. Although I am very attached to a Spheal plush that someone bought me for Christmas a few years ago; it's got such a derpy face and it came completely unexpected as I was only expecting a card. People surprise me sometimes.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • A dog tag of my grandfather who fought in World War II. He was a medic that fought and survived on the beaches of Normandy during D Day. He's a huge inspiration to me as to why I want to devote my life helping others. I wear it everyday on a necklace as a constant reminder of how inspiring he was/is.

Years
  • In terms of money spent, probably my MacBook Pro. Spent my own money on that, albeit an excess of student loans one term, but still, haha.

And I have a number of sentimental pieces simply because I'm a sentimental person. My ex-boyfriend had bought an adorable pink rabbit head as a surprise Valentine's gift and my current boyfriend got the large Pooh Disney Tsum Tsum this year so those would probably be the most precious to me.

finalrayne

High Roller
    Years
  • 1. My motorcycle got it for 5500 valued at 10k and rising because I'm modding it.

2. My that 70's show collection because it used to be owned by my best friend/cousin steven who passed away two years ago and whose birthday is also today.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • The most money I have spent is probably my Laptop which was about 500 dollars/pounds/euros

My most prized possession is my Kirino nendoriod that my husband brought for me.

zevarius kerensky

i bid my timberwolf in defiance of yer claim!
    Years
  • A dog tag of my grandfather who fought in World War II. He was a medic that fought and survived on the beaches of Normandy during D Day. He's a huge inspiration to me as to why I want to devote my life helping others. I wear it everyday on a necklace as a constant reminder of how inspiring he was/is.

wow, loads of respect! i had 3 relitives on the american side, no idea how many on the german and italian sides...

everything i own! mainly hard drives of my ps3, pc and 2 externals

Back