• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon disappear instead of going into storage

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2016
    Edits: Didn't realize the mods took my post and made a thread out of it!

I'm currently working on an MMO using the MRMX-OS kit. When I chose to fill my storage boxes via the debug menu it gave me this error (listed below this paragraph). We're currently experiencing an issue where when you catch a pokemon with a fully party it vanishes entirely and doesn't go into the box. If you obtain a pokemon from an NPC, or from the debug menu it does go into the storage boxes. However, if your party is full then the pokemon vanishes.

I'm hoping this is related and will lead to a fix of some sort. I'm fairly novice at scripting, and my co developer has been ill the last few weeks leaving me alone for the moment to handle this issue. We're not seeing any errors on the server when you catch something. We're using a linux based server as well, which I'm told isn't an issue.

This is the error from using the "fill storage boxes" option from the debug menu.
    ---------------------------
    MultiPlatform RMX-OS System
    ---------------------------
    Script 'PokemonStorage*' line 93: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `[]=' for nil:NilClass
    PokemonStorage*:93:in `[]='
    PokemonDebug:411:in `pbDebugMenu'
    PokemonDebug:406:in `each'
    PokemonDebug:406:in `pbDebugMenu'
    PokemonDebug:297:in `loop'
    PokemonDebug:823:in `pbDebugMenu'
    PokemonPauseMenu*:253:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
    PokemonPauseMenu*:252:in `pbFadeOutIn'
    PokemonPauseMenu*:252:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
    PokemonPauseMenu*:146:in `loop'
    PokemonPauseMenu*:271:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
    Scene_Map:189:in `call_menu'
    Scene_Map:160:in `update_rmxos_later'
    (RMX-OS) Script:3755:in `update'
    Scene_Map:68:in `main_rmxos_later'
    Scene_Map:65:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:72:in `main_rmxos_later'
    (RMX-OS) Script:3738:in `main'
    (RMX-OS) Main:47

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2016
    Could someone lock or delete this, I really doubt anyone can or will help me with this and I've spent the last three weeks non stop trying to fix this.

Last edited:
    Years
  • It's not finding @boxes is my first guess, so maybe the variable wasn't initialized. Is this line
    Code:
    $PokemonStorage      = PokemonStorage.new
    in your script that gives you a new game? And can you open up the PC itself?

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2016
    It's not finding @boxes is my first guess, so maybe the variable wasn't initialized. Is this line
    Code:
    $PokemonStorage      = PokemonStorage.new
    in your script that gives you a new game? And can you open up the PC itself?

All of the boxes are defined, it's not that.

Years
  • Are you using the latest version of Pokemon Essentials? Somebody had a gamebreaking problem in an older version that worked fine in the latest version.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2016
    Are you using the latest version of Pokemon Essentials? Somebody had a gamebreaking problem in an older version that worked fine in the latest version.

I'm on the new version yes, I've also tried the two previous versions to see if it did the same thing.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2016
    You or your friend probably edited the script and messed something up. It works fine for me.

I can't find anything in the edits that are doing it, and I've reverted them all the original to try it. I'm assuming it's something the MRMX kit, and nobody involved in making those scripts are really that helpful lol

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2016
    I'm still actively trying to find a fix for this. I'm not sure if bumping is allowed or not. I've talked to several people directly involved with essentials along with several others who have/had pokemon mmos set up in the same manner. They either have no answers or refuse to help the competition.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    IT's unfortunate you're having these problems, but how is anyone to help when we are:
    1) using normal Essentials.
    2) haven't seen your edits.
    3) not seeing any codes.
    If we had more to go on we could help, telling us you have a storage problem will not receive many great answers, just guesses.

Back