• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Press B! ...or?

icycatelf

Alex
Years
  • I definitely like Wartortle more than Blastoise. I don't necessarily dislike Blastoise, but it doesn't have those adorable fuzzy ears and fluffy tail. >w<

I also like Shiny Tyrogue more than any of its evolutions. I always thought the lil' guy looked cool, but he looks even cooler with blue shorts.

Some others:
    Nidoran (M) > Nidorino/Nidoking
    Lickitung > Lickylicky (Lickitung's one of my faves, but I hate Lickylicky)
    Dragonair > Dragonite
    Quilava > Typhlosion
    Togetic > Togekiss
    Yanma > Yanmega
    Misdreavus > Mismagius
    Porygon2 > Porygon-Z
    Glameow > Purrugly
    Servine > Serperior
    Dewott > Samurott
    Shiny Vanillite > Shiny Vanillish/Vanilluxe
    Braixen > Delphox

I'm sure there are more that I wouldn't evolve, but these are all the evolutions I can recall preventing so far.

Years
  • Ah bluh! Definitely Chespin.

650.png

It's just too cute. Quilladin is one of my least favorite starter Pokemon evolutions overall which I didn't think was possible because eugh Pignite. I will probably never want to evolve mine.. would much rather keep it in its cuter first form.

Porygon2 is also another favorite. While Porygon-Z isn't bad at all I constantly forget that Porygon2 isn't an evolution branch but the actual middle stage. Really prefer its design over Z, too.

And I'm going to probably get confused looks for this but Flaaffy is so, so much better than Ampharos. x'D;

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    And I'm going to probably get confused looks for this but Flaaffy is so, so much better than Ampharos. x'D;

Ampharos is one of those jarring second evolutions (along with Dragonite) that seem to not belong with the rest of the line. I mean, sure, it has a few traits from the previous forms that allows one to make the connection, but the 'sheep' theme is gone.

IAmVincentLiu

Poké Fan
    Years
  • Ampharos is one of those jarring second evolutions (along with Dragonite) that seem to not belong with the rest of the line. I mean, sure, it has a few traits from the previous forms that allows one to make the connection, but the 'sheep' theme is gone.

What about the Magikarp or Feebas line? That's also very.......different.

Years
  • Glameow. It is so beautiful but they went and made evolve into Purugly :psy copy:
    I suppose that what Purugly is pretended to look like, but it doesn't make any less apealing to me. Also, I very much prefer Espurr over Meowstic.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Idk if I'm alone or not on this but I prefer Magneton over Magnezone. :x Not that Magnezone is bad, but....design wise, I think Magneton is better.

Ugh, I keep forgetting those who got another evolution post Gen II. Yes, I dislike all of them. So just like I prefer Togetic over Togekiss, I also prefer Magneton over Magnezone.

Years
  • I don't know why, but I've always loved the feeling of having my Pokémon evolve. So even though I might like a basic or first-stage design better, (Like Crocanaw over Feraligatr, Flaaffy over Ampharos, and Nosepass over Probopass) I can't help but want to get them to their final stages. I'll keep them from evolving on occasion so they can learn a certain move, but that's it.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I press B for the sake of early moves. lol Otherwise there is no point to not evolve them nowadays!

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2015
    Munna and Pancham. While I don't not like Pangoro and Musharna, I just like their unevolved forms that tiny bit more. They're cute, and easily Pokemon that I could see travelling around outside their Pokeball with me in the Unova or Kalos regions. I even traded a Pancham Egg over from Y to Alpha Sapphire in my initial playthrough with the intention of keeping it unevolved.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I perfer Fletchinder to Talonflame, though I'd probably let Fletchinder evolve because Talonflame is amazing aha. But umm... Palpitoad would be one I would never evolve because I hate hata seismitoad and I would just rather have Palpitoad. :x

Other than that there are a few that I would probably keep around a bit longer before evolving them like Quilava, Marshtomp (which, thinking about it I did on Ruby. It's still a Marshtomp at level 60+ ahaha....) because I like their mid-evolutions but I would eventually evolve them into their final.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Sometimes I do let my Pokémon to be in their basic/middle forms just because they are too adorable to be evolved, mainly on Pikachu and Oshawott. This makes me wondering if I should not evolve my Skiddo as well, since it's much cuter that way.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2015
    I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels like this though but everytime I get a Vigoroth I never evolve it because Slaking's ability is something I can't handle. Know what I mean?

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    there's a lot of starters that look better before their final stages imo ivysaur, wartortle, bayleef, quilava, tepig, and grovyle. some others i can think of are igglybuff, cleffa, kadabra, haunter, mareep, vigoroth, all the elemental monkeys

Team_green

Roan Blini
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2015
    1st game I played was Pokemon Yellow and my Favorite Pokemon was Charmander!!! I never Let him Evolve!

Berserkers

Kaboom.
    Years
  • I've always favored Totodile over its evolutions, mostly due to the fact that it always looked cute and playful to me. (The way it bites on to random things is adorable.) Croconaw and Feraligatr had always looked very awkward and generally unattractive from my point of view, which made me dislike them.

I've also always preferred Aipom over Ambipom. I just don't like its design. xD

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2015
    Pikachu>Raichu. Just due to cuteness and nostalgia from watching the anime as a kid...

Also, purely for looks, I LOVE oddish. So so so adorable...but I HATE Gloom. Gloom always grossed me out. Evolving Oddish makes me weep.

Years
  • For me, it's Gabite. Not to say that I dislike Garchomp, but I feel that Gabite's design and color scheme look cool, but not too radical. It just seems to look simpler yet sleeker. Treecko is another one, but only until it reaches level 21 (46 in X and Y) and learns Giga Drain :P

Back