• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luphinid Silnaek

MAGNEMITE.
Years
  • How often do you use death in your fanfics?

Very very often, but morbidity itself is not as serious in my fictions (I suppose) than in most. If a character wants to ascend to a higher plane of existence, I generally decide death is necessary but not regretted. In Aftershock

Spoiler:

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
  • How often do you use death in your fanfics?
    Depends on the fic, but I always like to have at least some. The Fall of a Leader is stuffed with it (four out of the five major characters die); The Quest for the Legends meanwhile has just had a couple of (permanent) deaths over fifty chapters, neither a major characters per se, but will have a few more, with more important characters. My one-shots tend to be very morbid, with only one or two not ending with the death or implied death of the main character. Morphic revolves around a plot to murder all the main characters, so there's a fair bit of death in it.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • :O WE HAVE BEEN MERGED.

Personally, I'm interested to see how this goes. Hopefully it'll pull non-Pokémon writing out of obscurity. ^-^ (It'd be nice if they'd have got rid of the Revision Bin and Archive, though. XD)

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • I'm gone for an hour and when I come back I see this? Yay! I was hoping this would happen and now it has. And yes, hopefully this will bring non-Pokemon writing into the limelight.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Now all we need is to have the stickies in the main forum fixed up and the forum description edited to be inclusive of both Pokémon and non-Pokémon fics. :D

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Yeah. @_@; Still, I agree with the fundamentals of the transition. ;D

Hmm, perhaps I'll write some original fiction as my next fic. ;o

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Ah! Momentary confusions.

Anyway welcome to our new home!

Congrats Cit for getting the 13000 reply. XD

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I wasn't counting the OP (like the replies on the side of the topic).

Hey Asti, should this one be called 'pokemon fanfiction lounge', because right now I believe there is two lounges named the same. XD

EDIT: Man... Just got my sociology midterm back, and boy did I blow that out of the water...

The class average was 76.7%, 58% of the class getting over 80%, myself, I got 89%, so I am quite pleased. He said he left comments on everyone's written portion though, and I don't see any on mine, aside from check marks, one inclusion of the plural (s) and telling me to fill out the same portion again, which is what I think I lost 2 marks each on. I suppose those would count as comments, but I had wish there were more. XD But at least this must mean I know what I'm doing. Well cause I do know what I am doing.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
  • I wasn't counting the OP (like the replies on the side of the topic).

Hey Asti, should this one be called 'pokemon fanfiction lounge', because right now I believe there is two lounges named the same. XD

EDIT: Man... Just got my sociology midterm back, and boy did I blow that out of the water...

The class average was 76.7%, 58% of the class getting over 80%, myself, I got 89%, so I am quite pleased. He said he left comments on everyone's written portion though, and I don't see any on mine, aside from check marks, one inclusion of the plural (s) and telling me to fill out the same portion again, which is what I think I lost 2 marks each on. I suppose those would count as comments, but I had wish there were more. XD But at least this must mean I know what I'm doing. Well cause I do know what I am doing.

Funny that just this morning my friend was the same thing. XD In our discussion class everyone got their essay back and when he got his back there wasn't really any comments on what needs to be fixed. XD

Also, hm interesting on the merging of the two sections. I have one fic that's not Pokemon, so I'll might post that one. XD

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    :O WE HAVE BEEN MERGED.

Personally, I'm interested to see how this goes. Hopefully it'll pull non-Pokémon writing out of obscurity. ^-^ (It'd be nice if they'd have got rid of the Revision Bin and Archive, though. XD)

Mmhm. I think the merge is cool, but I'd rather see the Archive getting... more archived fics than actually making it disappear. The Revision Bin, however, can go and burn in the depths of hell for all I care, lol.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • I reckon they should merge this thread with the other 'Fanfiction Lounge'. It's rarely posted in, anyway, and it might bring in new folks.

And I am so happy about the move. I've thought for a long time that PFF&P should be included in Creative Discussions. :3

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    WHUT

MERGING OF THINGIES

Um... what exactly merged? Was it the 'Pokémon' and 'Other' fanfiction sections or what? [totally out of the loop]

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Other Writing and PFF&P merged together into this huge mess you see before you. There is only one mod who can clean it up. Said mod is also working all day today, so the mess is going to have to remain like this for a while.

At any rate, everyone just carry about your business. Post about the changes done, and the ones that you would like to see happen, and I'll hop to it once I get out of work and PC loads for me.

Shrike Flamestar

The Invisible!
    Years
  • I've already been expressing my displeasure at this merger for the whole day on Jax's chat, but I guess I can repeat what I think should be done here. Other writing and Pokemon fanfics shouldn't go in the same forum as either a crapload of bad fics combined from both sides would cause all good fics to be even more overlooked than they are now, or (more likely), all non-Pokemon fics will simply die off and be drowned beneath the Pokemon ones.

What I think would be ideal would be a system like Serebii has, where other writing has its own subforum within the Pokemon fanfic section. I know everyone wants them on the same level or something but admit it, this is a Pokemon site and the vast majority of fics are and will always be Pokemon related. That other writing subforum should just be merged with other poetry, while Pokemon poetry can go on being in the main forum as it has been. Lounges...I'd say try merging them at first and see what happens. The old forums should be deleted already, and the writer's lounge should apply to both Pokemon and other writing. And, of course, rules and such should be merged into a single topic.

And change the description on the front page as well. It was infinitely confusing reading that same old description saying it's for Pokemon only but seeing a flood of stuff that wasn't Pokemon.

EDIT: Okay, guess the rule stuff was fixed. But yeah, we really just need an other writing subforum.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • I've already been expressing my displeasure at this merger for the whole day on Jax's chat, but I guess I can repeat what I think should be done here. Other writing and Pokemon fanfics shouldn't go in the same forum as either a crapload of bad fics combined from both sides would cause all good fics to be even more overlooked than they are now, or (more likely), all non-Pokemon fics will simply die off and be drowned beneath the Pokemon ones.

What I think would be ideal would be a system like Serebii has, where other writing has its own subforum within the Pokemon fanfic section. I know everyone wants them on the same level or something but admit it, this is a Pokemon site and the vast majority of fics are and will always be Pokemon related. That other writing subforum should just be merged with other poetry, while Pokemon poetry can go on being in the main forum as it has been. Lounges...I'd say try merging them at first and see what happens. The old forums should be deleted already, and the writer's lounge should apply to both Pokemon and other writing. And, of course, rules and such should be merged into a single topic.

And change the description on the front page as well. It was infinitely confusing reading that same old description saying it's for Pokemon only but seeing a flood of stuff that wasn't Pokemon.

EDIT: Okay, guess the rule stuff was fixed. But yeah, we really just need an other writing subforum.

I agree, it would make it much easier. Not that we need to be like Serebii or anything, cause we are so much cooler, better, and nicer. (forums wise)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back