• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark/Ghost/Poison Team -Rate Me & I'll Love You <3

Team Phantasm Leader Grim

Team Phantasm Leader
Years
  • Okay, so for this team I have about fifty different Pokemon that are ready to be used in conjunction with these ones. I do a lot of wi-fi battling, so I have a pretty good handle on this team, I think, I just want to get some other opinions on things I should change.

Hydreigon (Modest) 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed / 4 Attack (Levitate)
    - Focus Blast
    - Fire Blast
    - Dark Pulse
    - Earth Power

Crobat (Jolly) 252 Speed / 252 Attack / 4 HP (Inner Focus)
    - Confuse Ray
    - Poison Fang
    - U-Turn
    - Double Team

Chandelure (Modest) 252 Sp.Atk / 196 Sp.Def / 56 HP (Flame Body)
    - Captivate
    - Energy Ball
    - Heat Wave
    - Shadow Ball

Tyranitar (Brave) 252 Attack / 252 Defense / 4 Sp.Def (Unnerve)
    - Stone Edge
    - Payback
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang

Spiritomb (Sassy) 252 Sp.Def / 252 Sp.Atk / 4 Defense (Infiltrator)
    - Nasty Plot
    - Dark Pulse
    - Shadow Ball
    - Psychic / Will-o-Wisp

Crawdaunt (Brave) 252 Attack / 252 Defense / 4 HP (Hyper Cutter)
    - Crabhammer
    - Swords Dance
    - Payback
    - Aerial Ace

If you'd rate this team I'll love you foreverr <3 - Grim

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Firstly, it's great to see you've ev trained your Pokemon! Most of the teams aren't here aren't really ev trained (which is fine too but still), but it's good to see that you've put a lot of effort into this team as far as natures and eving goes! :)

Generally for Chandelure, Captivate is risky. The whole thing with it being really circumstantial when you have high spa and CAN hit hard just seems pointless. You should replace Heat Wave with Flamethrower or Fire Blast, depending on whether you want power or accuracy. If you do however want to decrease your opponent's chance to hurt, then definitely go with Calm Mind instead of Captivate, it'll help you more, really.

On Tyranitar, it's also risky to go with Payback since you've already got Stone Edge which is dangerous in itself - so you could always go with Crunch over Payback since you're running a physical Tyranitar. :x

On Hydreigon, why have you got attack evs if it's entirely special? o_O imo I suggest going to the Dream World and getting a berry to remove those attack evs and instead invest them in something else. tbh based on what you have with Hydreigon, go with Draco Meteor instead of Earth Power, since it's extra STAB and against everything except steels it can pretty much be a OHKO.

For Crobat, if you want STAB, go for Brave Bird over Poison Fang since poison most of the time isn't really useful (which doesn't really help your poison team, however you could go with Gengar which is part poison and is really fast too which does hit hard - as long as you're not using poison attacks on it). Confuse Ray can work and so can Double Team, but if you ever do decide to go competitive (aka Smogon) that Double Team is banned there and there's also a chance it'll be banned in tournaments, so keep that in mind.

For defensive Spiritomb, most people generally run it with a little more defensive evs, but it should still be able to work as it is. Go with Will-O-Wisp instead of psychic, but in terms of other attacks, technically you can keep what you have, but it won't work to its full capability. In which case, you'd be going with pursuit and shadow sneak in the other spots (and keeping dark pulse) in order to capture the switching out foes (by going to the move tutor, that is).

Crawdaunt generally has one set which primarily revolves around its physical power - being Dragon Dance, Crunch, Waterfall and an optional third attack. Since you probably won't want to breed a whole new Pokemon, you can keep Swords Dance, but instead throw on Crunch/Waterfall as extra STAB. As for the last spot it's up to you since online wifi is a lot different to straight out competitive so most of the things for the last spot there doesn't really apply, but aerial ace and crabhammer doesn't really help you.

Anyway good luck continuing to wi-fi battle, maybe at some point you could try something other than a combination of three monotypes too :)

Back